Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Economedes

Cary Orthopaedics

1120 SE Cary Pkwy Ste 100 Cary, NC 27518

Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Cary, NC and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med in 2007 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Economedes accepts

Dr. Economedes accepts the following insurance:

MedCost

Dr. Economedes' Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Economedes treats Osteoarthritis of Hip more than 94% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Economedes treats Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh more than 94% of his peers

Knee Disorders

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Runner's Knee
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Demetri M. Economedes is a hip and knee replacement specialist at Cary Orthopaedics. Dr. Economedes earned his undergraduate degree at Pennsylvania State University. He then attended Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for both medical s...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

4.5

Dr. Economedes?
Dr. Economedes' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO
Dr. Economedes replaced my hip in November of 2018. He is an extremely competent and caring physician. I have recommended several people to him. I have had an extremely positive result. Will be having him do my knee early next year. I highly recommend Dr. Economedes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
I found Dr Economedes very warm , caring and a meticulous surgeon. i has total knee replacement 3/19 and you can barely see the incision 6 wks later. He always has time for you and answers all my questions . His PA Brian is also a great additional to his practice. He is thorough , caring , very knowledgable and concerned about you. Renee gets you started with a class , always there to answer a call and helps you to keep on track. Recommend this group highly .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Very warm and engaging person. Explains things so you understand completely what is being done. Makes you comfortable talking to you and takes time needed. Has a Pulse program that is extremely helpful. Is available when needed anytime. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
I met Dr. Economedes for a 2nd opinion regarding a full hip replacement and was pleasantly surprised when I first met him. He has a great sense of humor, listened to me, took the time to explain the surgery as well as the pre-op/ post-op process. He left no question unanswered and I felt very comfortable proceeding. His staff was and is very friendly, his nurse Renee is amazing and I very much appreciate her for all her time and assistance. If I need another hip or knee, he will be my surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
In first meeting you know he is serious by his intently listening to all I had to say, while reviewing my X rays. He made sure all my questions were answered. He explained what he would be doing and took measurements of my knee and leg. I felt an immediate feeling of Comfort...that he would take immense care of me. I can't say enough WONDERFUL things about Dr. Economedes.....other than HE CARES. He is special!!!!!! In follow up...he shows his true personality....serious with a side of fun!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Dr. Economedes performed a hip replacement in February and a Knee Replacement in August 2018. Dr. Economedes is a highly skilled, caring, competent and meticulous surgeon. Renee provides excellent training in the joint replacement classes and available to assist in the patients questions or concerns. I have made great progress with both surgeries. I would recommend him to anyone needing a joint replacement. Many thanks to Dr. Economedes, Ryan, Renee and All of his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
He performed my wife's left hip replacement. Was firm about her having to lose weight to get the surgery, so she did that. He gave his personal cell phone number for after surgery. Everything went great, so we did not have to contact him. My wife is so happy after the surgery - no pain. Everything leading up to the surgery went well (pre-op briefing, etc.).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
I was to the point I was having difficulty walking because of the pain I was experiencing. After surgery and physical therapy I am doing so much better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Dr. Economedes performed a total hip replacement for me 6 months ago. He and his staff were very professional and caring. I was told step-by-step what to expect and how to make the procedure more likely to succeed. My surgery was performed at Western Wake hospital in Cary, NC. All my questions were answered promptly, including those off-hours via email. He also provided a mobile app to track my progress. I heartily recommend Dr. Economedes and his colleagues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
I went to Dr. Economedes needing two hip replacements . I'm 57 and was walking like Igor from the Frankenstein movie and in so much pain. Had the first hip done in March of 2018 and the second done in August 2018. I feel like 25 again. I asked Dr. to give me my swag back . Just want to walk cool like I used to. I got my swag back and I am feeling like a new man. I can't thank him and his staff enough. I'm a pretty tough Navy Vet and I actually cried from being so happy to get my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
I was referred to Dr. Economedes when it became evident that knee replacement was the next step to relieve me of knee pain. Dr. Economedes put me at ease the first time I met him. The knee surgery went as he said it would and I have recovered completely. He explained that the best recovery I could have would be helping myself with the instructions given after surgery. He is a very gentle man and cares about his patients and their well being. Great Doctor for me and I will recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Dr. Economnedes explained everything to where I could understand it.He was very clear on what could happen if I did not do what I was told I could do .He is a very caring doctor. I remember the first hip replacement I had, I had some problems with my blood pressure being to low.He was very concern. I know he called several times.not just one day but couple of days. He wanted to make sure that I was ok and I do thank him for that.He figured out what the problem was and took me off that medication
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Thank you Dr. Economedes, Ryan and Renee. My hip replacement surgery went so well, I was amazed. You all made it so easy. You answered my questions and listened to my concerns. If I had known that it would be this easy I would have had it done a year ago. The pain that I had before was gone right after surgery. The pain from my incision was nothing compared to that. Thank you for being so cautious with pre-op preparations. Will definitely recommend you all. I've been bragging about you already!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
waited over an hour several different appointments. Last time 1 .25 hours so I left
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Dr. Economedes did a total knee replacement on my right knee and it has improved my quality of life immensely. His dedication to his patients is extraordinary. When I was having difficulty with pain 5 days after surgery, I left a message on his personal cell phone (which he shares with his patients) on a Friday night. Since he was in emergency surgery, he had to get back to me on Saturday morning and followed up Saturday night. I can't recommend Dr. Economedes highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
After having difficulties with my knee replacement of 16 years, Dr Economedes was reccomended to me for a revision procedure. I was not excited about having it done, but after several discussions, we scheduled it. Dr. E offers an app to help the patient get ready for surgery and after surgery a daily schedule for exercises which really helped. Looking back, after 3 months, the surgery, PT, and recovery went very smoothly and the results were far better than I expected. Thanks Dr Economedes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Dr. Economedes is an excellent physician and surgeon. I had hip replacement a year ago and never felt better. I wish that I had the surgery years ago . He and his staff always explain things in detail and made me feel comfortable. He has a great bedside manor. If I need the other hip replaced, he will be my number one choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
At the age of 76 I had my left knee replaced in April of 2016 and then the right knee replaced in August 2016. Both knees are a complete success. For the first time since I was 13 years old (1953) I do not have knee pain or giving out of under pressure. I had to use a cain almost at least for a month every year for 63 years. NOW none.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
Dr. Economedes has replaced both of my hips. I suffered a fracture with the second hip that required revision surgery. I believe that without Dr. Economedes competency and excellent care, I would not be walking today. Dr. Economedes shows a great level of concern for his patients, and goes above and beyond the care that I have ever received from any doctor. His assistant is readily available to answer any questions and works hand in hand with Dr. Economedes to provide the best for his patients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Economedes, DO?
With great encouragement from the Cary Orthopaedics Group, Dr. Demetri Economedes gave me a new knee. I am an 85 year-old woman who – before my bad knee – was very active…and loving it. Dr. Economedes explained the whole procedure to me and it all took place just as he said. I have no pain in the knee and I am so grateful for his skill and expertise. Thank you Cary Orthopaedics and Dr. Economedes!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Economedes?

Cary Orthopaedics

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Economedes treats patients.

Compare Providers