Dr. Deirdre Curran, MD

Dr. Deirdre Curran, MD

Women's Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Deirdre Curran, MD is a women's counselor in Northampton, MA and has been practicing for 24 years. She graduated from Tufts University School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in women's counseling, adolescent psychiatry, and more.Read her story

49 Gothic St

Northampton, MA 01060

• Health New England (HNE)

Learn about Dr. Curran

Dr. Curran's Experience

Dr. Curran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Women's Counseling
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Curran's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Curran "I went to medical school to become a doctor because I loved biology and wanted to understand how better to help people. I had worked in a hospital beforehand and had noticed that I got the most satisfaction out of hearing each patient's unique story. I was especially drawn to listening to people's psychological struggles. After medical school, I spent 5 years in residency and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at a major medical center in Washington, DC. There we learned how to do psychotherapy and prescribe medications. I graduated in 1994 from my fellowship and then went into solo outpatient private practice. Later, we moved to Northampton, MA to continue practicing medicine. Over time, I have found that my interest/specialty is in working with females from 11-63, in a therapy based practice. I have been board certified in adult, as well as child/adolescent psychiatry, although I work with females age 11-63."

This content was provided by Dr. Curran "Some patients come to me for psychotherapy. I also prescribe medications if you and I feel agree that it is necessary. At times I recommend lifestyle changes, meditation, yoga, and/or exercise in addition to traditional care.  I adapt my approach based on my individualized assessment of each person. Please feel free to discuss a trial of treatment with me to get a sense of whether you feel that I can help you. There are times when the practice is full and I will not be able to return all potential new patient calls right away. My greeting/voicemail often gives an update on whether or not I am taking new patients. "

• Women's Counseling

Accredited by: American Board of Physician Specialties*

• Counseling Services
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• University Of California At Berkeley
  • Walter Reed Army Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 1992-1994
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Curran has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Curran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Curran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Curran's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Curran to family and friends

Dr. Curran's Performance

Dr. Curran Says:
"

I value patient feedback on my services, by voicemail, mail or in person. While I have been in practice for a long time, we never stop learning from our patients. I appreciate the time and thought that goes into your feedback. When I get a sense that I can improve, I incorporate input into my ongoing practice. Best, Dr. Deirdre Curran, M.D. Adult and Adolescent Psychiatry

"

very very helpful
Smart and compassionate.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Kind and easy to talk to!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Curran was very understanding and explained things in a clear manner. She's very thorough. I feel much better now.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option2