Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 53

Psychiatry

Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Sherman, TX and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Bj Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1993. She is affiliated with TMC Bonham Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Bhargava's experience treating your condition or procedure

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Bhargava accepts

Dr. Bhargava accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bhargava

2.7

5.47945205479452%

Dr. Bhargava

I was sent an e-mail with 26 pages of paperwork. One form wanted to keep my credit card on file and any charges not paid by insurance or me will be charged within 30 days. I did not feel comfortable leaving a credit card with all the fraud and hacking going on so I called the office to ask if that form could be waived and if not I would cancel. I was told it was not required and I only had to pay for todays visit. After a 45 min drive to the office, I was told at the window that they wanted an additional $25 for a drug test. What? OK I paid. Then the front desk called me to the window and I was told that I had to give them credit card. I explained and was then told if she gave me a refund she would charge me for a "NO SHOW" fee of $100! I'm standing in front of you, you can't do that. She went to the doctor to ask, came back to the window and handed me my paperwork. The doctor wants your card or she won't see you. It's all about the money, VERY bad first impression.
It's all about the money – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Dr. B is not only an outstanding doctor, she is an outstanding woman. She is warm and intelligent. We are very blessed to have her in our community.
Jul 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
I have been to numerous psychiatrist over the last few decades and Dr. Bhargava is without a doubt the worst i've ever had the misfortune of receiving treatment from.
Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Scam.. If I could give this place 0 stars I would and I was an employee! Every single one of these horrible reviews are correct these people are extremely verbally abusive to staff and don’t give a care in the world about patients it’s all about money. I was told to prioritize people based on insurance for Dr. B because only one pays the best and she only is interested in the new patients because they pay more for their first visit after that she doesn’t have a care in the world and won’t refill prescriptions when we would tell her she would yell and make everyone miserable. My final straw was when she got mad at another provider and went crazy on everyone and to punish the other doctor even thou she was fully booked threw her other patients on the other provider double booking several times and patients of course want to see their current provider and when dr b was told they didn’t want to switch she said “what I said is final I don’t care what they want” RUNNN far
Ridiculous – Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Horrible experience. It took me four days to get the paper work that they were suppose to send. Then I called the office while I was filling out my paper work so they were suppose to charge my card then. They never did and when I went to my zoom meeting Dr. Bhargava closed me out saying I was early then said she will have someone call me. They over charged my visit they were only suppose to charge $50 they charged $138. She a physiologist she is suppose to be able to do her own evaluations she stated she is going to have a new clinic call and do my test. She keep trying to saying I need to make sure I was depressed. I came to get my ADD meds. not because I was depressed or had depression. Then She wrote me a medication for Vyvance even through I told her I never used that before and I only token Adderall. I had a bad reaction to ridlian and I don't take then one either. She forced Vyvance giving the excuse that is not addicting and has less trouble. The pharmacy wanted me to pay $200
Miranda Ortega – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
As a psychiatrist, I scheduled an appt with Dr. B, someone I don’t know, to avoid conflict of interest. She knew I was a colleague. She initially tried to schedule my appt with an NP. I rescheduled. Long wait for zoom appt. The entire visit lasted only 14 minutes and she will likely overbill my insurance to get reimbursed for 90792. Never made eye contact, asked questions in a checklist format and did not elicit sufficient information for a diagnosis, repeatedly asked me questions about panic attacks that I did not have. Prescribed an ssri but wanted me to f/u in two weeks (they can take 4-6 weeks to work) to let her know how I was doing. Never asked me questions about the actual reason for my visit, never asked me what my thoughts were regarding my own diagnosis or treatment options. No medical history and did not ask my LMP b4 prescribing meds. Charges $350 for an intake assessment that only lasted 14 minutes. I feel horrible for the patients who are stuck and have limited options.
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
A complete quack. I have an open insurance fraud investigation against her practice. Do your research before you book an appointment. I'm guessing she is back in India.
David Foster – May 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
I will gave no star if I could. She is completely a scam. If you really need a help do not go to her! She will only make your life worse. Terrible Terrible Terrible!
May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Dr. B has been an amazing doctor to me and my family. Caring , compassionate ,treatment of medically I'll client that need psych treatment is 2nd to none.??
Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
This dr. is a complete scam. I have no idea how she won the best doctor in Dallas two years in row! I’m thinking some pockets were filled on that one bc if you look at her reviews they are all terrible! Stay far away from this dr.
Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
I came to Dr. Bhargava in a bipolar 'storm' and she helped me to get back to a level daily routine. Dr Bhargava was very through jncluding reviewing previous blood tests that revealed some abnormalities. Additionally, her staff was friendly and knowledgeable.
Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
She does a drug test every three months, which is fine, BUT she sends it to a lab that is OUT OF NETWORK, and doesn't even ask or let you know. I got stuck with a $5K bill, that got reduced to $1K because of her. Also, she makes you wait an hour minimum EVERY time because she is always behind. Her office smells odd, and we saw a cockroach crawl out of the corner. DO NOT GO HERE.
Kiana – Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
My son was tested for illicit drug use twice. Both times negative. Not covered by insurance. Now I am stuck with a bill of $4500
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
This woman is an awful psychiatrist. I saw her for a year. She wants to see you every two weeks, she does not give refills on medications, and she only sees each patient for about 5 minutes. She only cares about the money. For the most part, the rest of the staff is exactly the same except for one or two that seem to genuinely care. She was overmedicating me. I was on NINE different medications for my mental health. It was so unhealthy.
Sep 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Dr. Bhargava spent time with me and was able to diagnose me when others were unable to. I have received the correct treatment and could not be happier with her and her office staff. I feel blessed to have found such excellent healthcare.
RNretired in Howe, TX – Sep 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Very unprofessional. Dr insists on subjecting patients to drug testing, but does not disclose that these tests are not medically necessary and not covered by insur. I received bill for $2200 for drug testing by her lab, and her office took no responsibility for violating my request to not do anything not covered by insur, or for her poor lab selection. Also, she prescribed a med with neg side effects and then left the country for 3 wks with only 1 nurse working 1 day/wk for backup.
Private in Plano – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Great doctor! I have been a patient of hers for 2 years and she has helped me so much with anxiety/ocd issues. Very thankful to have her as my doctor.
M.G. – Jun 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
She has really been a lovely person to be around. She cares for people and tries to truly help them.
Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Dr B is incredible ,, She is listening to my concernes She is a kind soul She cares about her patients I have not experienced care like this in all my years of being under a doctors care, I was always never listend to , Basicly she is some one that listens to her patients and helps me in every way, she is someone I trust and that says a lot,
Thaddeus in Fresco TX – Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?
Dr. Bhargava gave me excellent medical advice and useful ways to deal with my stress that did not always involve medication. She is a great communicator, and always remembers my medical history and my personal goals. A true Blessing~
TC in Neches, TX – Oct 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepika Bhargava, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bhargava?