Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD

Vascular & Interventional Radiology ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Sudheendra

Penn Interventional Radiology

3400 Spruce St Philadelphia, PA 19104

Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD is a vascular & interventional radiology specialist in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 2001 and specializes in vascular & interventional radiology, critical care medicine, and more.

Dr. Sudheendra accepts

Dr. Sudheendra accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Amerihealth PPO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Keystone Health Plan East
Keystone Health Plan East HMO
Keystone Health Plan East POS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Sudheendra's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Sudheendra's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
high
high

Dr. Sudheendra performs Vascular Transcatheter Embolization more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Sudheendra performs this procedure more than 84% of his peers

Venous Insufficiency

Dr. Sudheendra treats Venous Insufficiency more than 77% of his peers

Dr. Sudheendra treats this condition more than 77% of his peers

Vascular Disease

Dr. Sudheendra treats Vascular Disease more than 49% of his peers

Dr. Sudheendra treats this condition more than 49% of his peers

Dr. Sudheendra's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Ambulatory Phlebectomy
  • Angiography
  • Angioplasty
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • Cancer Treatment
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Effort Vein Thrombosis
  • Percutaneous Procedures
  • Peripheral Angioplasty
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pulmonary Embolism
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Venous Thrombolysis
  • Venous Thrombosis

My practice philosophy centers foremost on the physician-patient relationship. Straightforward & honest communication is not only vital to achieving good patient outcomes but also to maintaining a strong physician-patient relationship. I strive t...

• Vascular & Interventional Radiology
  • Critical Care Medicine
  • Critical Care Surgery
  • Diagnostic Radiology

• Diagnostic Radiology
  • Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology

2011
George Wshington University Medical Center (Vascular & Interventional Radiology)
2010
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Diagnostic Radiology)
2006
National Institutes of Health (Interventional Radiology Research Fellow)
2004
Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)
2002
Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)
2001

Dr. Sudheendra?
Dr. Sudheendra's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Before my surgery in December my leg was extremely swollen and painful. I suffer with blood clots that didn't allow me to do much. Depression set in and my weight sprialed out of control. Since the surgery I'm able to walk short distances. I finally have some relief after two years of constant pain. My pain level has decreased. I wish I had the surgery sooner so my road to recovery could have started earlier. I'm starting to lose weight thanks to Dr. Sudheendra surgery and his wonderful team !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr. Sudi was able to stent my iliac vein and clear clots in my leg and hip more than 2 years after DVT. He is an expert in managing May-Thurner syndrome and complex chronic cases of DVT. He took the time to speak with me on the phone on several occasions to discuss my case as a patient traveling from out of the state for the procedure. Because of his expertise and the time he dedicated to my case, I now have a significant improvement in the quality of my life. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Recommended by my brother, I went to see Dr. Sudi when traveling in America. He answered every question I asked patiently and encouraged me to have the faith to have healthy legs again. My legs feel completely different after the treatment. I can carry my little granddaughter walking around gardens now. I want to give my sincere thanks to Dr. Sudi and his working team in Penn Medicine who treated me so kindly and efficiently during the whole procedure and the visits before & after the treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Recommended by my brother, I went to see Dr. Sudi when traveling in America. He answered every question I asked patiently and encouraged me to have the faith to have healthy legs again. My legs feel completely different after the treatment. I can carry my little granddaughter walking around gardens now. I want to give my sincere thanks to Dr. Sudi and his working team in Penn Medicine who treated me so kindly and efficiently during the whole procedure and the visits before & after the treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr. Sudi has an outstanding bedside manor, one that a pt who is nervous about a procedure, will help to calm you down just by explaining everything that will take place. He also will answer any question that you ask even if you amy not want to know the answer
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Hello All, I wanted to write this to tell you a little story. I have had a chronic DVT for going on 12 years now. I just went through multi surgeries with Doctor Sudheendra, and I am thrilled to say the leg is much better, not fixed but much better. The main reason that I am writing this is I hope to get to all the people that have a DVT and have been told that there is nothing that can be done, that this is just not true and I wish that I had found Doctor Sudheendra 12 years ago. I
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
I am very fortunate to have found a trustworthy, compassionate doctor in Dr. Sudheendra. Going here for a second opinion was the best decision. Dr. Sudi saved me from the money hungry doc I saw down in south jersey that wanted to immediately stent me when it was not needed. Dr S will not do unnecessary treatments for money, & he spends ample time with you answeing any & all concerns. He genuinely cares and wants to help. He's willing to help at any time you need him. Definitely an A+ from me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
After suffering for months from DVT, I cannot believe the difference the simple procedure Dr. Sudheendra performed has made. There is no evidence of any of the swelling, skin condition and, especially, no pain. He continues to monitor my issues with DVT, and I know I'm in good hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr Sudheendra gave me treatment for my DVT in Philadelphia at Penn! He was incredible. He is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything to the patient. I have never felt rushed at an appointment. He explains things in a way that’s easy to understand and makes sure you know what’s going on. When other doctors told me there was nothing they could do- Dr Sudi was knowledgeable and educated enough to know there was. He truly gave me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr. Sudi cleared blockages in the femoral vein near the calf. The vein behind the knee was clear so re-entered the femoral vein above the knee. Cleared the vein thru to the groin. Between the angioplasty and actual removal of clotted material the femoral vein is now clear. The procedure was a success. The entire staff at U of P were exceptional. Dr. Sudi is remarkable. He came to my room for 45 minutes the next day to show us the results of the procedure. Very caring Dr.. Gave me a future
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr. Sudheendra, a world-class specialist in venal reconstruction surgery, was consistently thorough, concerned, and compassionate throughout a series of surgeries aimed at increasing the blood flow in my legs. I had suffered seven DVT's and two pulmonary emboli over a four-year period and developed advanced post-phlebitic syndrome as a consequence. My surgery substantially stabilized my legs and eliminated the sudden loss of sensation in my lower leg which had previously caused me to fall.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
On 7/15 I was diagnosed with extensive blood clots the whole lower half of my body due to the IVC filter that was still in place. With his procedure of minimal intervention. He was able to go directly to the vein and attack the clots directly, leading to a greater rate of recovery. minimal scarring greater chance for no disruption? to my walking. Dr. Sudheendra gave me all the fact, risk and made me as comfortable as possible. No one ever could give more education to help you make a decision?.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Years ago I had surgery to repair a varicose vein in my neck. The repair was not successful and I suffered with pain and discomfort until a plastic surgeon referred me to Dr. Sudaheendra. I had never heard of interventional radiology prior to the referral. Dr. Sudaheendra performed angioplasty which relieved me of all of my pain and discomfort without surgery! I highly recommend consulting with an interventional radiologist prior to undergoing a surgical procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
I was diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma a few months ago. My Interventional Radiologist, Dr. Sudi, indicated that I would be a good candidate for chemoembolization. He spent a lot of time with me during my consultation. He explained the issues, his recommended treatment plan and what I could expect during recovery. He was not only very professional, but also very pleasant and answered all of my questions in detail. The entire staff treated me wonderfully. Most important, it worked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr. Sudheendra visited me in my hospital room at University of Pennsylvania while being treated for internal bleeding. At almost the same time I suffered severe DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) in both my legs, from my feet through top of my thighs. While normally 150 lbs. my weight ballooned to 185 lbs, fluid in my legs. Surgery was performed and in two to three weeks my legs returned to normal. Special thanks to Dr. "Sudi" for being an exceptional surgeon, but also a "people person".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr. Sudi performed a chemo embolization on my 83 year old father this summer. Dr. Sudi explained the procedure in great detail and provided us with the most viable options. The procedure went extremely well and the tumor is now over 95% dead. Dr. Sudi is patient, thoughtful, and personable. We could reach him by e-mail and get a quick reply. He is a wonderful person and a talented surgeon with skills in some of the newest cancer treatments going. I would recommend him with 100% confidence!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
I recently underwent stab phlebectomy procedures to remove painful varicose veins at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. I would highly recommend Dr. Sudheendra to anyone who is in need of this procedure. His medical expertise, professionalism and caring manner made this experience a positive one. My pain has resolved making the quality of my active life much improved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
I chose Dr. "Sudi" because I'd heard he is one of the very best in the field of Interventional Radiology; I was pleased to find that he is also extremely kind and compassionate. I've had two procedures with Dr. Sudi to treat my venous insufficiency; the chronic leg pain I endured since my teens is now greatly diminished. The procedures were relatively quick, the pain during the procedures was minimal. I wish I could give Dr. Sudi and his outstanding staff more than five stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Dr. Sudheendra has a professional approach and answered all my questions even emailing me with responses to my insurance questions. Dr. Sudi provided laser therapy on both legs to treat my restless, aching legs due to venous insufficiency. I am just several weeks post treatment and so far my legs feel much better! I am a grateful patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Sudheendra by my Oncologist. My left leg was extremely swollen due to a blood clot. Dr. Sudi cleaned out the clot in my vein and inserted a stent enabling blood to flow freely, returning my leg to a normal size. He then performed a similar procedure after a tumor removal and vein reconstruction. Both procedures allowed me to return to a higher quality of life. I will always be greatful to Dr. Sudi. He went above and beyond and always put my comfort and health first.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sudheendra?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sudheendra treats patients.