Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD

Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD

Interventional Radiology | Male | 42 years old

My practice philosophy centers foremost on the physician-patient relationship. Straightforward & honest communication is not only vital to achieving good patient outcomes but also to maintaining a strong physician-patient relationship. I strive to develop a very close and meaningful relationship with my patients and want them to feel comfortable with me and my team. I am always optimistic about the treatment plan that I offer to patients but I am realistic as well. Giving patients hope is what I do best!Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Sudheendra's Experience

See how Dr. Sudheendra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sudheendra

Dr. Sudheendra accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sudheendra has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Sudheendra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sudheendra to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Sudheendra
Dr. Sudheendra's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (5)
in Philadelphia, PA |
I recently underwent stab phlebectomy procedures to remove painful varicose veins at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. I would highly recommend Dr. Sudheendra to anyone who is in need of this procedure. His medical expertise, professionalism and caring manner made this experience a positive one. My pain has resolved making the quality of my active life much improved.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I chose Dr. "Sudi" because I'd heard he is one of the very best in the field of Interventional Radiology; I was pleased to find that he is also extremely kind and compassionate. I've had two procedures with Dr. Sudi to treat my venous insufficiency; the chronic leg pain I endured since my teens is now greatly diminished. The procedures were relatively quick, the pain during the procedures was minimal. I wish I could give Dr. Sudi and his outstanding staff more than five stars!
in Havertown, PA |
Dr. Sudheendra has a professional approach and answered all my questions even emailing me with responses to my insurance questions. Dr. Sudi provided laser therapy on both legs to treat my restless, aching legs due to venous insufficiency. I am just several weeks post treatment and so far my legs feel much better! I am a grateful patient.
in Haddon Heights |
I was referred to Dr. Sudheendra by my Oncologist. My left leg was extremely swollen due to a blood clot. Dr. Sudi cleaned out the clot in my vein and inserted a stent enabling blood to flow freely, returning my leg to a normal size. He then performed a similar procedure after a tumor removal and vein reconstruction. Both procedures allowed me to return to a higher quality of life. I will always be greatful to Dr. Sudi. He went above and beyond and always put my comfort and health first.
in Bryn Mawr, PA |
I had a wonderful experience with both Dr. Sudheendra and his staff. He explained my procedure thoroughly before and during it. He responded right a way when I called him with a concern, and put my mind at ease. My leg feels and looks brand new, he's a miracle worker! I highly, highly recommend him to any one who wants a doctor who cares about his patients, is responsive, and does an amazing job!
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Are you Dr. Sudheendra?

Compare Dr. Sudheendra

Dr. Sudheendra says...

As an Interventional Radiologist (IR) at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - Perelman School of Medicine, I have the privilege of working with & learning from world-renowned physicians in every field of medicine. Even better is the team of top-notch IRs, nurses & staff that I have the opportunity to work with every day. How did I get the opportunity to join this wonderful team?

After graduating from Case Western Reserve University & New York Medical College, I began my general surgery residency at the Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University. Towards the end of my residency, I realized that traditional open surgery was being replaced by more advanced IR procedures that could be performed through a pinhole without incisions. Therefore, I resigned from my residency & began my journey to become an IR.

My journey started as a research fellow at the NIH under Dr. Brad Wood, one of the leading IRs specializing in cancer. I then completed a Diagnostic Radiology residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) where I had the privilege of doing research with one of the pioneers of IR, Dr. Mark Wholey. I completed a fellowship in IR at the George Washington University Medical Center where I trained under Dr. Anthony Venbrux, one of the preeminent physicians practicing today & the former Chief of IR at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

After my fellowship, I was recruited to the Penn Interventional Radiology faculty where I have developed a robust clinical practice focusing on:

• DVT & post-thrombotic syndrome

• Chronic venous insufficiency & varicose veins

• Complex IVC filter retrieval

In addition, I have expertise in surgical critical care medicine – a unique skillset possessed by few IRs practicing today.

My practice philosophy is centered on a doctor-patient relationship based on integrity, mutual respect, compassion, & education. I firmly believe that patients must have a clear understanding of their medical condition & treatment plan in order to achieve the very best outcomes.

Dr. Sudheendra's Care Philosophy

Dr. Sudheendra says...

I am extremely passionate about educating both the public and medical professionals about venous disease which is often ignored and/or overlooked. In my practice, I specialize in the following:

• DVT & post-thrombotic syndrome (including May Thurner syndrome)

• Chronic venous insufficiency & varicose veins

• Complex IVC filter retrieval

At Penn IR, we have a world-class team of nurses and physicians that treat complex venous disorders such as DVT & post thrombotic syndrome. We are a national referral center for "difficult to remove" IVC filters. By using advanced endovascular techniques, we are also able to significantly improve the lives of patients who travel to our center from around the globe for treatment of debilitating post thrombotic syndrome. We also have a robust superficial venous disease practice in which we treat varicose & spider veins, venous stasis ulcers & other symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency.

Dr. Sudheendra says...

At Penn IR, we perform the most advanced procedures for acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis (DVT), IVC occlusion, IVC filter removal and chronic venous insufficiency. Some of the advanced procedures that we perform include:

• Pharmacomechanical thrombolysis for DVT

• Jaws of life technique for removal of IVC filters (i.e. filters that are stuck and unable to be removed)

• Laser ablation (EVLT), phlebectomy and sclerotherapy for chronic venous insufficiency and varicose veins

Dr. Sudheendra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Radiology
    •  Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Sudheendra has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sudheendra's Board Certifications

• Diagnostic Radiology
    • Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
    • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
    • Aneurysm
    • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
    • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
    • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Effort Vein Thrombosis
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Hepatocellular Cancer
    • Metastatic Cancer
    • Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma
    • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
    • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
    • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
    • Portal Vein Thrombosis
    • Venous Insufficiency
    • Venous Thrombosis

New York Medical College

Graduated in 2001

Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)

Completed in 2002

National Institutes Of Health (Interventional Radiology Research Fellow)

Completed in 2006

University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Diagnostic Radiology)

Completed in 2010

Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)

Completed in 2004

George Wshington University Medical Center (Vascular & Interventional Radiology)

Completed in 2011

Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Sudheendra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sudheendra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Radiology

• Vein Laser Ablation
    • Venous Sclerotherapy
    • Venous Thrombolysis

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.