Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD

Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD

Vascular & Interventional Radiology  |
Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD is a vascular & interventional radiology doctor who practices in Philadelphia, PA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Read his story

3400 Spruce St

Philadelphia, PA 19104

• Amerihealth
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Sudheendra

See how frequently Dr. Sudheendra performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
Venous Insufficiency
Thrombosis

Dr. Sudheendra's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sudheendra's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sudheendra "As an Interventional Radiologist (IR) at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - Perelman School of Medicine, I have the privilege of working with & learning from world-renowned physicians in every field of medicine. Even better is the team of top-notch IRs, nurses & staff that I have the opportunity to work with every day. How did I get the opportunity to join this wonderful team? After graduating from Case Western Reserve University & New York Medical College, I began my general surgery residency at the Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University. Towards the end of my residency, I realized that traditional open surgery was being replaced by more advanced IR procedures that could be performed through a pinhole without incisions. Therefore, I resigned from my residency & began my journey to become an IR. My journey started as a research fellow at the NIH under Dr. Brad Wood, one of the leading IRs specializing in cancer. I then completed a Diagnostic Radiology residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) where I had the privilege of doing research with one of the pioneers of IR, Dr. Mark Wholey. I completed a fellowship in IR at the George Washington University Medical Center where I trained under Dr. Anthony Venbrux, one of the preeminent physicians practicing today & the former Chief of IR at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. After my fellowship, I was recruited to the Penn Interventional Radiology faculty where I have developed a robust clinical practice focusing on: • DVT & post-thrombotic syndrome • Cancer • Chronic venous insufficiency & varicose veins • Complex IVC filter retrieval In addition, I have expertise in surgical critical care medicine – a unique skillset possessed by few IRs practicing today. My practice philosophy is centered on a doctor-patient relationship based on integrity, mutual respect, compassion, & education. I firmly believe that patients must have a clear understanding of their medical condition & treatment plan in order to achieve the very best outcomes."

This content was provided by Dr. Sudheendra "My practice philosophy centers foremost on the physician-patient relationship. Straightforward & honest communication is not only vital to achieving good patient outcomes but also to maintaining a strong physician-patient relationship. I strive to develop a very close and meaningful relationship with my patients and want them to feel comfortable with me and my team. I am always optimistic about the treatment plan that I offer to patients but I am realistic as well. Giving patients hope is what I do best!"

• Vascular & Interventional Radiology

• Diagnostic Radiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Radiology*
  • Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Radiology*

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Effort Vein Thrombosis
  • May-Thurner Syndrome
  • Metastatic Cancer
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pulmonary Embolism

• Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vein Laser Ablation
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Venous Thrombolysis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • New York Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • National Institutes of Health (Interventional Radiology Research Fellow)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Diagnostic Radiology)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • George Wshington University Medical Center (Vascular & Interventional Radiology)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Sudheendra has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sudheendra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sudheendra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sudheendra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sudheendra to family and friends
Dr. Sudheendra's Performance
in Jenkintown, PA |
Dr. Sudheendra, a world-class specialist in venal reconstruction surgery, was consistently thorough, concerned, and compassionate throughout a series of surgeries aimed at increasing the blood flow in my legs. I had suffered seven DVT's and two pulmonary emboli over a four-year period and developed advanced post-phlebitic syndrome as a consequence. My surgery substantially stabilized my legs and eliminated the sudden loss of sensation in my lower leg which had previously caused me to fall.
in Oxford, PA |
On 7/15 I was diagnosed with extensive blood clots the whole lower half of my body due to the IVC filter that was still in place. With his procedure of minimal intervention. He was able to go directly to the vein and attack the clots directly, leading to a greater rate of recovery. minimal scarring greater chance for no disruption? to my walking. Dr. Sudheendra gave me all the fact, risk and made me as comfortable as possible. No one ever could give more education to help you make a decision?.
in Lancaster, PA |
Years ago I had surgery to repair a varicose vein in my neck. The repair was not successful and I suffered with pain and discomfort until a plastic surgeon referred me to Dr. Sudaheendra. I had never heard of interventional radiology prior to the referral. Dr. Sudaheendra performed angioplasty which relieved me of all of my pain and discomfort without surgery! I highly recommend consulting with an interventional radiologist prior to undergoing a surgical procedure.
in Freehold, NJ |
I was diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma a few months ago. My Interventional Radiologist, Dr. Sudi, indicated that I would be a good candidate for chemoembolization. He spent a lot of time with me during my consultation. He explained the issues, his recommended treatment plan and what I could expect during recovery. He was not only very professional, but also very pleasant and answered all of my questions in detail. The entire staff treated me wonderfully. Most important, it worked.
in West Chester, PA |
Dr. Sudheendra visited me in my hospital room at University of Pennsylvania while being treated for internal bleeding. At almost the same time I suffered severe DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) in both my legs, from my feet through top of my thighs. While normally 150 lbs. my weight ballooned to 185 lbs, fluid in my legs. Surgery was performed and in two to three weeks my legs returned to normal. Special thanks to Dr. "Sudi" for being an exceptional surgeon, but also a "people person".
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Sudi performed a chemo embolization on my 83 year old father this summer. Dr. Sudi explained the procedure in great detail and provided us with the most viable options. The procedure went extremely well and the tumor is now over 95% dead. Dr. Sudi is patient, thoughtful, and personable. We could reach him by e-mail and get a quick reply. He is a wonderful person and a talented surgeon with skills in some of the newest cancer treatments going. I would recommend him with 100% confidence!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I recently underwent stab phlebectomy procedures to remove painful varicose veins at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. I would highly recommend Dr. Sudheendra to anyone who is in need of this procedure. His medical expertise, professionalism and caring manner made this experience a positive one. My pain has resolved making the quality of my active life much improved.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I chose Dr. "Sudi" because I'd heard he is one of the very best in the field of Interventional Radiology; I was pleased to find that he is also extremely kind and compassionate. I've had two procedures with Dr. Sudi to treat my venous insufficiency; the chronic leg pain I endured since my teens is now greatly diminished. The procedures were relatively quick, the pain during the procedures was minimal. I wish I could give Dr. Sudi and his outstanding staff more than five stars!
in Havertown, PA |
Dr. Sudheendra has a professional approach and answered all my questions even emailing me with responses to my insurance questions. Dr. Sudi provided laser therapy on both legs to treat my restless, aching legs due to venous insufficiency. I am just several weeks post treatment and so far my legs feel much better! I am a grateful patient.
in Haddon Heights |
I was referred to Dr. Sudheendra by my Oncologist. My left leg was extremely swollen due to a blood clot. Dr. Sudi cleaned out the clot in my vein and inserted a stent enabling blood to flow freely, returning my leg to a normal size. He then performed a similar procedure after a tumor removal and vein reconstruction. Both procedures allowed me to return to a higher quality of life. I will always be greatful to Dr. Sudi. He went above and beyond and always put my comfort and health first.
in Bryn Mawr, PA |
I had a wonderful experience with both Dr. Sudheendra and his staff. He explained my procedure thoroughly before and during it. He responded right a way when I called him with a concern, and put my mind at ease. My leg feels and looks brand new, he's a miracle worker! I highly, highly recommend him to any one who wants a doctor who cares about his patients, is responsive, and does an amazing job!
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Are you Dr. Sudheendra?