Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD

Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD

Interventional Radiology | Male

Penn Interventional Radiology 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My practice philosophy centers foremost on the physician-patient relationship. Straightforward & honest communication is not only vital to achieving good patient outcomes but also to maintaining a strong physician-patient relationship. I strive to develop a very close and meaningful relationship with my patients and want them to feel comfortable with me and my team. I am always optimistic about the treatment plan that I offer to patients but I am realistic as well. Giving patients hope is what I do best!Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Sudheendra's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Sudheendra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sudheendra

Dr. Sudheendra accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sudheendra has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Sudheendra's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sudheendra to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Sudheendra
Dr. Sudheendra's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (2)
in Flourtown, PA |
I have had four Endovenous Laser Ablation procedures at The Hospital of The University of PA performed by Dr. Sudheendra. The procedures were to treat very painful varicose veins (both legs). Dr. Sudheendra's expertise, professional and caring manner (as well as his staff members) made my experience a positive one. I highly recommend Dr. Sudheendra and HUP!
in Bryn Mawr, PA |
I had a wonderful experience with both Dr. Sudheendra and his staff. He explained my procedure thoroughly before and during it. He responded right a way when I called him with a concern, and put my mind at ease. My leg feels and looks brand new, he's a miracle worker! I highly, highly recommend him to any one who wants a doctor who cares about his patients, is responsive, and does an amazing job!
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Sudheendra, MD?
Are you Dr. Sudheendra?

Why It Matters: Dr. Sudheendra's Board Certifications

• Diagnostic Radiology
    • Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology

Dr. Sudheendra says..

I am extremely passionate about educating both the public and medical professionals about venous disease which is often ignored and/or overlooked. In my practice, I specialize in the following:

• DVT & post-thrombotic syndrome (including May Thurner syndrome)

• Complex IVC filter retrieval

At Penn IR, we have a world-class team of nurses and physicians that treat complex venous disorders such as DVT & post thrombotic syndrome. We are a national referral center for "difficult to remove" IVC filters. By using advanced endovascular techniques, we are also able to significantly improve the lives of patients who travel to our center from around the globe for treatment of debilitating post thrombotic syndrome. We also have a robust superficial venous disease practice in which we treat varicose & spider veins, venous stasis ulcers & other symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
    • Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
    • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
    • Aneurysm
    • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
    • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
    • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • Effort Vein Thrombosis
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Hepatocellular Cancer
    • Metastatic Cancer
    • Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma
    • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
    • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
    • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
    • Portal Vein Thrombosis
    • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
    • Venous Insufficiency
    • Venous Thrombosis

Dr. Sudheendra says..

At Penn IR, we perform the most advanced procedures for acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis (DVT), IVC occlusion, IVC filter removal and chronic venous insufficiency. Some of the advanced procedures that we perform include:

• Pharmacomechanical thrombolysis for DVT

• Jaws of life technique for removal of IVC filters (i.e. filters that are stuck and unable to be removed)

• Laser ablation (EVLT), phlebectomy and sclerotherapy for chronic venous insufficiency and varicose veins

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
    • Abdominal Paracentesis
    • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
    • Vein Laser Ablation
    • Venous Sclerotherapy
    • Venous Thrombolysis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

New York Medical College

Graduated in 2001

Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)

Completed in 2002

National Institutes Of Health (Interventional Radiology Research Fellow)

Completed in 2006

University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Diagnostic Radiology)

Completed in 2010

Washington Hospital Center (General Surgery)

Completed in 2004

George Wshington University Medical Center (Vascular & Interventional Radiology)

Completed in 2011

Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Sudheendra has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sudheendra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sudheendra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Sudheendra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Interventional Radiology
    • Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology
    • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Sudheendra

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Sudheendra's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Sudheendra

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Sudheendra says...

As an Interventional Radiologist (IR) at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - Perelman School of Medicine, I have the privilege of working with & learning from world-renowned physicians in every field of medicine. Even better is the team of top-notch IRs, nurses & staff that I have the opportunity to work with every day. How did I get the opportunity to join this wonderful team?

After graduating from Case Western Reserve University & New York Medical College, I began my general surgery residency at the Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University. Towards the end of my residency, I realized that traditional open surgery was being replaced by more advanced IR procedures that could be performed through a pinhole without incisions. Therefore, I resigned from my residency & began my journey to become an IR.

My journey started as a research fellow at the NIH under Dr. Brad Wood, one of the leading IRs specializing in cancer. I then completed a Diagnostic Radiology residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) where I had the privilege of doing research with one of the pioneers of IR, Dr. Mark Wholey. I completed a fellowship in IR at the George Washington University Medical Center where I trained under Dr. Anthony Venbrux, one of the preeminent physicians practicing today & the former Chief of IR at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

After my fellowship, I was recruited to the Penn Interventional Radiology faculty where I have developed a robust clinical practice focusing on:

• DVT & post-thrombotic syndrome

• Complex IVC filter retrieval

In addition, I have expertise in surgical critical care medicine – a unique skillset possessed by few IRs practicing today.

My practice philosophy is centered on a doctor-patient relationship based on integrity, mutual respect, compassion, & education. I firmly believe that patients must have a clear understanding of their medical condition & treatment plan in order to achieve the very best outcomes.

Dr. Sudheendra's Care Philosophy

Dr. Sudheendra says...

• DVT & post-thrombotic syndrome (including May Thurner syndrome)

• Pharmacomechanical thrombolysis for DVT