Dr. Deepak Stokes, MD

Dr. Deepak Stokes, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Eureka OB/GYN HCMA 2504 Harrison Ave Ste A Eureka, CA 95501 Get Directions

Dr. Deepak Stokes, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Eureka, CA. He is 68 years old. Dr. Stokes is affiliated with Saint Joseph Hospital.

Dr. Stokes' Experience

See how Dr. Stokes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stokes

Dr. Stokes accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Stokes has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stokes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stokes to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Stokes' Performance
Medford, OR |
I would never recommend this very cold, uncaring, and uncompassionate Dr. to anyone. He would have let me die in his parking lot after his nurse took my staples out too soon and my wound opened walking to my car. Besides the fact that he almost killed me on the operating table. Also kept telling me he didn't think I had cancer. And yet I did!
Eureka, CA |
He did a surgery of mine that went well, but his bedside manner could definitely use some work. He always seems like he's in a rush and acts annoyed by patients. His staff (who had their hands in some private places at the time) second guessed my firm decisions on multiple occasions, and he did nothing about it. Unfortunately, he's one of very few options in Humboldt County.
in Eureka, CA |
During my pregnancy, I met with Dr. Stokes a couple of times. He was nice and gave me good advise. The midwifes are really attentive and nice too. My problem is with the office staff. These ladies need to be reminded that they are not working a register at Walmart. You are working in Health Care. Put a smile on your face once in a while. The ladies are condescending and borderline rude the majority of the time. I wholeheartedly hated checking in at this place.
in EUREKA, CA |
Straight to the point, which I liked.
in Arcata, CA |
Dr Stokes did not provide an ultrasound when I was in premature labor ( I and sent me home, my water broke in the grocery store and my daughter did not survive.) I waited for hours in the hospital to deliver her but because Dr Stokes has no back up for his practice nobody came. Dr Stokes did not order any labs for aftercare and missed the fact that I had retained placenta and a low grade infection. Another OBGYN caught the infection and operated to remove the retained placenta.
in Eureka, CA |
My wife is Dr. Stokes' patient, and I've been with her on all her visits. I am also a physician. I am very impressed with his competence and his manner. He is thoroughly focused on her health. No, he won't waste time discussing politics, sports, or other irrelevant things, but he doesn't miss anything pertinent. He often runs late, but he's well worth the wait. We are both delighted with his care, and I recommend him without reservation.
in Eureka, CA |
He was unresponsive to my feelings and my appointments were less than five min! He forgot important testing I was due for a couple times and didn't remember my name after 3 appointments. He routinely forgot important milestones in my pregnancy, and skipped a pap exam when I had an infection to be re-tested for. I was given a prescription for an anti-biotic that causes birth defects! Luckily I did my own research. in the end I switched to dr nicely down the road, who was awesome!
in Eureka CA |
As a woman dealing with Endometriosis having a good doctor to thoroughly discuss my concerns is very important. I had to have 2 cysts removed from my ovaries a couple of years ago and need to have ultrasounds and anuals regularly. I went to my first appointment with Dr. Stokes and waited an hour before being seen. He was in such a hurry that I didn't get a chance to ask all my questions before being rushed out the door. I would not recommend this office to anyone.
Cutten, CA |
Do not go to this doctor! The office is chaotic and unprofessional, and the doctor didn't even look at my records or paperwork. He met with me for maybe five minutes before recommending major surgery. So I got a second opinion. The new doctor thoroughly reviewed my records and discussed my questions. She told me that not only was surgery unnecessary, but that it would be detrimental. Do yourself a favor and avoid Dr. Stokes' circus of an office and assembly line surgical practice at all costs.
in Eureka, CA |
I decided to give Dr. Stokes a try a couple years ago after a verbal reference from a friend. I went to him for a simple Pap and will never go back. The office was a construction zone, when I finally saw him he hardly paid me any attention. He would ask a question, I would start to respond but he would cut me off before I could get a word out. He obviously didn't care about my concerns or questions. It was especially obvious that he wasn't listening when I asked a question and he ignored it.
Eureka, CA |
Dr. Stokes isn't for everyone but if there is anyone I would want in this county to deliver my baby with a high risk pregnancy it would be him! I personally like and respect him, but he is a busy man and I can see how that would rub some people the wrong way.
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Stokes, MD?
Are you Dr. Stokes?

Compare Dr. Stokes

Dr. Stokes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Stokes has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stokes' Board Certifications

• Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Yeast Infections

Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Baba Farid University Of Health Sciences
    Albany Med Center Hospital
    Norwalk Hospital

Dr. Stokes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stokes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Amniocentesis
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • C-Section
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Sympathectomy
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC