Dr. Deepak Reddy, MD

Dr. Deepak Reddy, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Deepak Reddy, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in South Bend, IN. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Read his story

53880 Carmichael Dr

South Bend, IN 46635

• Priority Health
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Reddy

See how frequently Dr. Reddy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Low Back Pain
high
Back Pain
high

Dr. Reddy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Reddy's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Reddy "Growing up on campus at the University of Chicago, Dr. Reddy's mind has always been focused on education. He completed N-12 with the top ranked University of Chicago Laboratory Schools. He went on to leave and excel at the University of Michigan graduating with high honors. He returned to the University of Chicago and Hyde Park to complete medical school at the Pritzker School of Medicine and residency with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery where his interest in spine surgery began in 2009. After residency he completed the prestigious Norton-Leatherman Spine Surgery Fellowship in Louisville, KY - the second oldest spine fellowship in the US with more spine fellows trained than any other program. He now strives to provide the best care experience for his patients focusing on conservative care and customizing the operative plan for each patient to achieve their unique goals of surgery and attempting to minimize their complications. "

This content was provided by Dr. Reddy "We focus on choosing the right surgery for the right patient. The vast majority of patients we see do not receive surgery. We help them by explaining their conditions and the forces at play and recommending colleagues for conservative treatment. For the select few that require spine surgery or would functionally benefit from it we educate them on the risks and potential benefits and attempt to quantify the chances of success. After a through discussion and perhaps multiple visits, we craft an individual surgical plan that aims to achieve the goals of that specific patient while minimizing their relative risks. "

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Heel Spur
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Leg Pain
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tingling Sensation
  • Upper Extremity Pain
  • Weakness

• Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University Of Michigan
  • Norton Leatherman Spine Fellowship Louisville, Ky
  • University Of Louisville Hospital
  • Max Kade Traveling Fellowship Vienna, Austria
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Reddy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Reddy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Reddy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Reddy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Reddy to family and friends
Dr. Reddy's Performance
in La Porte, IN |
I had surgery with another surgeon. About 2 days after my surgery I started having trouble with my leg going paralyzed. I called my surgeon and they said it was normal. Then I had trouble going to the bathroom uncontrollably. So I went to the local ER and that's where I met Dr. Reddy. Despite not having done my first surgery, he took me to the OR in the middle of the night to fix the problem. Now I'm back to walking again and my other symptoms are resolving. If not for him I'd be in a wheelchair
Niles, MI |
I had unbearable neck pain and loss of strength in my left arm because of 2 herniated discs and a pinched nerve. Dr. Reddy recommended a disc replacement surgery as soon as possible. While I was nervous about having surgery it was absolutely worth it. My only regret is not seeing Dr. Reddy sooner. My surgery went extremely well and I had immediate relief. It's been 3 months since my surgery and I feel amazing. I'm happier and have more energy now that I'm not in constant pain.
in Osceola, IN |
I consider myself very fortunate to have Dr. Reddy taking care of me. He is not only a highly skilled surgeon, but a very professional and compassionate person. During each visit I had numerous questions which he patiently answered completely. The surgery had a painful recovery for about 2 weeks exactly as Dr. Reddy forecast. At the time of this writing it has been about 7 weeks from the surgery and I have no regrets about having the surgery.
in Howe, IN |
I would not hesitate to refer anyone to Dr. Reddy. I had cervical spine surgery and could not have had a better experience. The pain I had been experiencing was right gone after surgery and the recuperation period was uneventful. My incision site is healing very well and I don't expect the scar to even be noticeable within a year of the surgery. Dr. Reddy is very personable and explained what was going on and the procedures very well. He did not make me feel stupid for asking questions.
in South Bend |
Dr Reddy Explained my options regarding the pain I was experiencing I really felt that for me surgery would get me back to the life style I enjoy. At this writing ( 6 weeks post surgery) I am not feeling any pain and can start serious rehab. Thanks Doc
in Mishawaka, IN |
This doctor is phenomenal. He spend more time with me making sure I understood everything than the rest of SBO combined. After seeing multiple doctors he finally explained what my problem was and how to fix it. Now I'm 6 months out doing great.
in Valparaiso, IN |
Dr Reddy is an exceptional doctor. He did a successful laminectomy on my back and 3 days later a second surgery to remove an extremely rare spinal epidural hematoma that formed and came loose and was lying on my spinal nerves giving me extreme pain. In his very capable hands it's removal went exceedingly well. 6 months have passed under his superior care. I can now walk without a walker and am pain free. As a spine surgeon he is second to none. He has my highest regard and recommendation.
Plymouth, IN |
As a competitive triathlete I was concerned when I injured my back. Dr. Reddy tried everything possible to avoid surgery in me so he wouldn't adversely affect my performance. However my problem kept getting worse and I got weakness in my foot and couldn't push off well. He became concerned when I started having the weakness and suggested the surgery. My surgery went great and 6 months after I finished in the top of my age bracket! My advice, choose your surgeon wisely, Dr. Reddy is the best.
South Bend, IN |
I had a great experience at SBO, and Dr. Reddy was amazing. He took the time to answer all my questions and show me my MRI images in detail so I could really understand what was wrong. He called my family doctor later that day and told him all about the surgery. My family doctor told me that never happens, the spine surgeons never call. My surgery went great and I'm back at work. He said it might be 6 months before I'm fully healed but I already feel most of the way there.
in South Bend, IN |
Great doctor. Fantastic bedside manner. I wish I had met him earlier. After my surgery I’m back to work without back pains and my legs feel like they did when I was 30. I’ve already sent 3 friends to him. I couldn’t be more satisfied with the work he did on my lumbar area.
Wakarusa, IN |
He was the most caring Dr ever. He wanted the best for my 80 year old mother with her back surgery. My mom had tried all other avenues, and surgery was needed so she could be out of pain. He explained everything in simple terms. It was obvious he would do all he could do to help her! His surgey made her able to walk without pain . He even called to check on her when he was gone on a weekend. His staff was fantastic too.
in St Joseph, MI |
Dr. Reddy took the time to make sure I had answers to all the questions that came up as it related to my discectomy. He was also very blunt about the risks and rewards and didn't try to pretend as though this would be painless or a slam dunk success. He let me get comfortable with the idea of having surgery and encouraged me to speak with my chiropractor when I told him that I wanted to speak with him about my situation. He even had my MRI and X-rays burned to a disc to take with me.
in LaPorte, IN |
My surgery to fuse C-6 and C-7. Dr. Reddy did a very thorough job of explaining the procedure, risk/benefits and after surgery recovery. Dr. Reddy is excellent at listening to questions and providing answers that are easy to understand. The surgery went as planned. My pain level was reduced from a 9 to a 3 upon recovery 4 hours after surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Reddy for neck/back surgery.
After my injury I had back pain and leg pain that was bad. I couldn’t hardly do my job or play with my boys. I tried all the therapy shots and pills I could stand but eventually felt surgery was necessary. Reddy helped me understand my problem and options and spent a lot of time carefully looking at my scan. He did a surgery on my back (after he made me quit smoking) and I’m doing great. I wish I had seen him sooner. I’m finally back to life.
Granger, IN |
Dr. Reddy diagnosed my problem on the first visit. Due to sever nerve constriction, surgery was recommended. I had tried chiropractor services for several years with minimal relief. After an episode where both feet went numb at work and I couldn't walk did I seek Dr. Reddy's help after recommendation from my primary physician. Through the whole process Dr. Reddy was "GREAT". He answered all my questions and my wifes many more. His bedside mannor was excellent. I'm now 90% pain free.
in Mishwaka, IN |
I saw Dr. Reddy for back pain that bothered me all my life. It turns out I had a crack in the bone that caused them bottom of my spine to slip. I had tried everything over the years and my pain doctor kept trying to make me try more injections that didn't work. Dr. Reddy gave me a surgical option. Now I'm walking father than ever and have no pain. I'm so happy I had the surgery, in fact I wish I had it sooner. There's no one else I'd let touch my spine.
in edwardsburg, mi |
I saw Dr. Reddy for a disc bulge. My local doctor had told me I needed surgery but Dr. Reddy was able to treat me non-operatively. He and his staff at South Bend Ortho really helped me with my back and I was able to avoid invasive surgery. So happy I met them and made the trip down to see them. One of the best docs I've had the pleasure to meet!
Plymouth, IN |
I was working out at the gym doing military press. Felt a pop in my neck. Thought I pulled something tried to shake it off. 2 days later I woke up with neck and arm pain that was the worst thing I've ever felt. When I saw Dr. Reddy I was miserable, not sleeping, couldn't work, just losing it and my arm was weak. He saw me, told me I needed surgery on my neck. Now I'm doing great. I had a disc replacement and am back to the gym. So happy I found him. Great work doc you're my hero.
in South Bend, IN |
Came to see Dr. Reddy as a 2nd opinion. I immediately could see the difference between him and the first doctor I saw. He was nice, smart and down to earth. He and his staff took the time to listen to what had already been done and explain what my options are. I ended up having surgery because my pain doctor had been injecting me over and over without results. I was sick of getting stuck. Now I'm recovering from my surgery and very very happy. He's the best of the best. Thanks so much Doc
in Southbend, IN |
I had pain in my upper back/neck area and the pain would radiate down my left arm. This went on for about a year, I eventually went to see Dr. Reddy and he determined I had a herniated disc at C-6/C-7. I underwent surgery to fuse the vertebrae and I am now 3 months out from surgery and the arm pain is entirely gone and there is minimal neck pain, which will most likely go away with more time. I would highly recommend Dr. Reddy, he is professional, friendly, and is obviously a great surgeon.
in Mishawaka, IN |
I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr Reedy. After 2 yrs of growing misery I had to resort to a surgical consult for my low back injury. I immediately felt confidence in him and his desire to not just jump to surgery increased my respect for him. Before seeing him I had gone through Phys Ther and spine injections. MRI didn't offer many choices because the damage was clearly evident. His explanations, and clarity were great. Amazing surg results. I was never in doubt or concerned. A+++
in Mishawaka, Indiana |
Dr. Reddy is an excellent surgeon with a terrific bedside manner. I had major spine surgery in July 2017. Dr. Reddy made sure that I was comfortable and he called or visited everyday that I was in the hospital. I'm 3 months out from surgery and even though it has been a slow recovery process, I am grateful for the surgery and the care that I have received.
South Bend, IN |
Other than the fact that he's a Michigan Fan Dr. Reddy is phenomenal. I've had neck and arm pain ever since my accident and for the first time I'm feeling so much better after my fusion surgery. I saw another doctor weeks before meeting Dr. Reddy who was out of the room in 5 minutes. I was very nervous about having surgery with him so I saw Dr. Reddy as a second opinion. He took the time to explain what he was going do to. Even drew on the bed sheets to show me how he would fix my neck! Awesome
Ft. Wayne, IN |
I originally had 2 spine surgeries back home in Ft. Wayne. My back pain seemed worse and my leg pain never improved. I saw my original surgeon and was told there was nothing he could do. I struggled for months until I met Dr. Reddy. He was excellent! He helped my understand my scans and did a surgery through my belly where he fused the bottom disc in my back. It's been a few months now and I feel great! I finally have my life back and can't thank him enough. His staff was great as well.
Osceola, IN |
I was unsure in the beginning about having surgery on my neck. I had 2 disks that were deteriating and something had to be done before I became paralyzed. After meeting with Dr. Reddy and having him explain the procedure, which was a double corpectomy, I trusted him that it was the best decision for me. He kept me informed every step of the way and I had every confidence that he would do everything he could to repair the disks. I am now 6 months out of surgery and feeling great!
in Niles, MI |
I'll be honest. I've had some mixed experiences at with other docs at SBO in the past and often left somewhat dissatisfied with my appointments. Dr. Reddy however is the best SBO has to offer! He's smart, patient, caring and above all else a very talented spine surgeon. I would not, even for a minute, hesitate to see him for a spine related issue. If it's not surgical he'll be honest with you and help you find the right care. If it needs to be fixed, he's your guy. Thanks for all your hard work.
Mishawaka, IN |
I was so pleased by seeing Dr. Reddy. What a refreshing experience to find a doctor who actually cares about his patient and takes the time to explain what's going on. I can't thank him and his staff enough. Don't hesitate to see them, you won't be disappointed.
in South Bend, IN |
Before my surgery I was in excruciating pain. I walked around like I was the hunchback of Notre Dame. I couldn't sleep in my bed because I couldn't lay flat. I had to sleep in my recliner. Most nights I couldn't sleep much at all because I was in so much pain. Even pain meds didn't help. After my surgery, i had c6 & c7 fused, I woke up in recovery with no pain what so ever. I would highly recommend Dr. Reddy to anyone who needs neck or back surgery.
in South Bend, IN |
I'll admit I was terrified of the thought of back surgery but Dr. Reddy explained the procedure honestly and simply. Afterwards I felt so much better. I had extreme pain down my right leg and foot. I couldn't sit, stand or walk without being in pain. Today about 6 weeks after surgery I am about 98% pain free and Dr. Reddy says that the lingering pain is from shortening the nerve and to be honest it comes and goes so it doesn't even bother me. It's just a minor notice of tingling in my leg.Thanks
Nappanee, IN |
As a physician myself I hold my surgeon to a higher standard than most. When I had a spine problem I came to Dr. Reddy. Often times, spine surgeons get a bad reputation for being short, curt, arrogant etc. Dr. Reddy is calm, confident, extremely well trained and above all else personable. My wife was impressed by his resume before we even met him. He was excellent. My surgery went so smoothly compared to some of the stories you hear. I'm so glad to have him here in South Bend.
in New Carlisle, MI |
I saw Dr. Reddy after I had had a previous fusion from another surgeon. Despite my surgery I had continued back and leg pain that was worsening over time. Dr. Reddy saw me and spent a lot of time unraveling my medical history. He told me my fusion was never successful the first time and could be revised. I was initially hesitant to have more spine surgery, but he was so great and gave me options, he didn't tell me what to do. Now I'm almost 2 years out doing fantastic. He changed my life!
in Elkhart, IN |
I had lower lumber/discectomy done about 8 weeks ago and I'm feeling fantastic. My back injury occured at work and I was dealing with pain for months until my doctor sent me to see Dr. Reddy. He was able to determine that I should have back surgery after seeing my MRI. Thank goodness for that conversation because now I'm not feeling any pain! I'm currently going through physical therapy per Dr. Reddy's order and should be back to work soon.
in Goshen, IN |
I was first referred to Dr. Reddy by Dr. Todd Graham, at the South Bend Orthopedics office so that he could evaluate me as a potential candidate for herinated disc surgery. I was very impressed with his professionalism as well as genuine concern for my pain! He answered every question and explained things in detail so that I understood everything that would happen. I had the surgery and have had tremendous relief from the very first day. I would recommend Dr. Reddy to anyone needing surgery.
in Culver, IN |
I initially had back surgery by a different physician. Over 3 weeks I developed drainage from the incision and was told on several occasions by him that it was normal. My wound continued to drain and then the incision opened. At this time, I contacted Dr. Reddy who immediately made arrangements for me to be hospitalized. He opened and cleaned my wound, stitched me back up and observed my healing closely. My wound healed without incident. It has now been 6 months with no further issues.
in Cassopolis, MI |
Like many other people who face the uncertainty of back pain issues Dr. Reddy and the SBO staff have been great at putting my uncertainty to rest. They have helped educate me as to the facts and what options lie ahead. After my MRI they have me on a physical rehab. and exercise program which has stabilized the back pain that I've been experiencing. I really appreciate the step by step analysis and not wanting to rush me to a surgery. I now feel that I am in more control of this environment .
South Bend, IN |
Best doctor I've seen in years. Thoughtful, thorough and personable. If you have any reservations about seeing a spine surgeon, don't. He'll give you a straight answer and tell you if you'd benefit from surgery.
South Bend, IN |
Dr. Reddy is extremely thorough and compassionate. He is also extremely dedicated to treating his patients and providing a positive experience and a healthy, pain-free outcome. I have been a patient of other Spine Surgeons and never had a positive experience like I've had with Dr. Reddy. He is amazing and I would highly recommend him.
in South Bend, IN |
Straight forward, personable, good session!
in South Bend, IN |
While I was waiting to see Dr. Reddy. His staff was excellent and busy collecting my scores, MRI images, reports and getting my new X-rays. Dr. Reddy was calm, reassuring, and collected. I can't thank him and his staff enough for taking the time to fix my back. I had a foot drop and was limping badly before surgery. Now my foot is working and my back is back to normal. There are a lot of spine surgeons in this area but Dr. Reddy stands head and shoulders above them all!
in South Bend, IN |
I saw Dr. Reddy for a problem with my neck. I was having trouble raising my arm above my head. I had seen multiple previous doctors and I was worse. I had had previous shoulder surgery on my rotator cuff which I'm pretty sure I didn't really need. In the end Dr. Reddy figured out that this was a pinched nerve in my neck and I had a neck fusion. At first I was frustrated because, as he predicted, the nerve was very slow to improve. However months later my shoulder is working again! He's a miracle
Gary, IN |
I saw Dr. Reddy and from the first appointment I knew this was my guy. He was well educated but seemed to explain things in a way I could understand. Unlike most doctors he didn't seem rushed. Don't get me wrong, he was very busy that day, but gave me all the time I needed to understand the surgery. Before, during and after surgery he has been fantastic. I'm now a few months out from surgery feeling great. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs spine surgery.
Mishawaka, IN |
I had surgery with Dr. Reddy for my lumbar spine. I had seen a few doctors before him and they couldn't seem to get my leg pain figured out. I felt like a pin cushion because I had gotten so many injections. They would help for a few days but they kepy coming up with a "new" injection to give me. I finally got furstrated and saw Dr. Reddy. He correctly diagnosed my problem and used a minimally invasive fusion to help relieve my leg and back pain. I feel great now. I'm so glad I came to see him.
South Bend, IN |
This is the first doctor took the time to really explain my surgery to me. He even drew it out on the paper bed covering and showed me each step! I felt at ease after my first appointment with him. My surgery went great and my arm pain has resolved. I'm so lucky I found him.
Elkhart, IN |
Great experience. Seems extremely well educated. Took plenty of time to talk with me and my family. I couldn't think of a more excellent choice to trust with the care of my spine. I would not hesitate to send any of my loved ones or family members to him.
South Bend, IN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Reddy for any spine issues. I had a severe cervical issue in which I got immediate relief. Dr. Reddy is very compassionate, kind, caring and extremely thorough. He has an awesome bed side manner and I can't say enough good things about him. Prior to surgery and after, he has always been extremely thorough. He is amazing!
Peoria, IL |
Honestly one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. He is a great patient advocate and explained everything to my family and I after my grandfather had a stroke. Everyone we encountered before him didn't answer our questions, however he was so knowledgable and took the time to talk to us in terms we could understand. He is so busy, however he makes you feel as if you are his only concern when he talks to you. I'm so thankful for this doctor and would recommend him to anyone and everyone
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Reddy, MD?
Are you Dr. Reddy?