Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Deepak Reddy, MD
Growing up on campus at the University of Chicago, Dr. Reddy's mind has always been focused on education. He completed N-12 with the top ranked University of Chicago Laboratory Schools. He went on to leave and excel at the University of Michigan graduating with high honors. He returned to the University of Chicago and Hyde Park to complete medical school at the Pritzker School of Medicine and residency with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery where his interest in spine surgery began in 2009. After residency he completed the prestigious Norton-Leatherman Spine Surgery Fellowship in Louisville, KY - the second oldest spine fellowship in the US with more spine fellows trained than any other program. He now strives to provide the best care experience for his patients focusing on conservative care and customizing the operative plan for each patient to achieve their unique goals of surgery and attempting to minimize their complications.

South Bend Office

53880 Carmichael Dr

South Bend, IN 46635

• Priority Health
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Reddy

We focus on choosing the right surgery for the right patient. The vast majority of patients we see do not receive surgery. We help them by explaining their conditions and the forces at play and recommending colleagues for conservative treatment. For the select few that require spine surgery or would functionally benefit from it we educate them on the risks and potential benefits and attempt to quantify the chances of success. After a through discussion and perhaps multiple visits, we craft an individual surgical plan that aims to achieve the goals of that specific patient while minimizing their relative risks.

Dr. Reddy's Experience

Dr. Reddy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Spondylosis
  • Tingling Sensation
  • Upper Extremity Pain
  • Weakness

• Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University of Michigan
  • Norton Leatherman Spine Fellowship Louisville, Ky
  • University Of Louisville Hospital
  • Max Kade Traveling Fellowship Vienna, Austria
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Reddy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Reddy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Reddy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Reddy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Reddy to family and friends
Dr. Reddy's Performance
in South Bend, IN |
Before my surgery I was in excruciating pain. I walked around like I was the hunchback of Notre Dame. I couldn't sleep in my bed because I couldn't lay flat. I had to sleep in my recliner. Most nights I couldn't sleep much at all because I was in so much pain. Even pain meds didn't help. After my surgery, i had c6 & c7 fused, I woke up in recovery with no pain what so ever. I would highly recommend Dr. Reddy to anyone who needs neck or back surgery.
in South Bend, IN |
I'll admit I was terrified of the thought of back surgery but Dr. Reddy explained the procedure honestly and simply. Afterwards I felt so much better. I had extreme pain down my right leg and foot. I couldn't sit, stand or walk without being in pain. Today about 6 weeks after surgery I am about 98% pain free and Dr. Reddy says that the lingering pain is from shortening the nerve and to be honest it comes and goes so it doesn't even bother me. It's just a minor notice of tingling in my leg.Thanks
Nappanee, IN |
As a physician myself I hold my surgeon to a higher standard than most. When I had a spine problem I came to Dr. Reddy. Often times, spine surgeons get a bad reputation for being short, curt, arrogant etc. Dr. Reddy is calm, confident, extremely well trained and above all else personable. My wife was impressed by his resume before we even met him. He was excellent. My surgery went so smoothly compared to some of the stories you hear. I'm so glad to have him here in South Bend.
in New Carlisle, MI |
I saw Dr. Reddy after I had had a previous fusion from another surgeon. Despite my surgery I had continued back and leg pain that was worsening over time. Dr. Reddy saw me and spent a lot of time unraveling my medical history. He told me my fusion was never successful the first time and could be revised. I was initially hesitant to have more spine surgery, but he was so great and gave me options, he didn't tell me what to do. Now I'm almost 2 years out doing fantastic. He changed my life!
in Elkhart, IN |
I had lower lumber/discectomy done about 8 weeks ago and I'm feeling fantastic. My back injury occured at work and I was dealing with pain for months until my doctor sent me to see Dr. Reddy. He was able to determine that I should have back surgery after seeing my MRI. Thank goodness for that conversation because now I'm not feeling any pain! I'm currently going through physical therapy per Dr. Reddy's order and should be back to work soon.
in Goshen, IN |
I was first referred to Dr. Reddy by Dr. Todd Graham, at the South Bend Orthopedics office so that he could evaluate me as a potential candidate for herinated disc surgery. I was very impressed with his professionalism as well as genuine concern for my pain! He answered every question and explained things in detail so that I understood everything that would happen. I had the surgery and have had tremendous relief from the very first day. I would recommend Dr. Reddy to anyone needing surgery.
in Culver, IN |
I initially had back surgery by a different physician. Over 3 weeks I developed drainage from the incision and was told on several occasions by him that it was normal. My wound continued to drain and then the incision opened. At this time, I contacted Dr. Reddy who immediately made arrangements for me to be hospitalized. He opened and cleaned my wound, stitched me back up and observed my healing closely. My wound healed without incident. It has now been 6 months with no further issues.
in Cassopolis, MI |
Like many other people who face the uncertainty of back pain issues Dr. Reddy and the SBO staff have been great at putting my uncertainty to rest. They have helped educate me as to the facts and what options lie ahead. After my MRI they have me on a physical rehab. and exercise program which has stabilized the back pain that I've been experiencing. I really appreciate the step by step analysis and not wanting to rush me to a surgery. I now feel that I am in more control of this environment .
South Bend, IN |
Best doctor I've seen in years. Thoughtful, thorough and personable. If you have any reservations about seeing a spine surgeon, don't. He'll give you a straight answer and tell you if you'd benefit from surgery.
South Bend, IN |
Dr. Reddy is extremely thorough and compassionate. He is also extremely dedicated to treating his patients and providing a positive experience and a healthy, pain-free outcome. I have been a patient of other Spine Surgeons and never had a positive experience like I've had with Dr. Reddy. He is amazing and I would highly recommend him.
in South Bend, IN |
Straight forward, personable, good session!
in South Bend, IN |
While I was waiting to see Dr. Reddy. His staff was excellent and busy collecting my scores, MRI images, reports and getting my new X-rays. Dr. Reddy was calm, reassuring, and collected. I can't thank him and his staff enough for taking the time to fix my back. I had a foot drop and was limping badly before surgery. Now my foot is working and my back is back to normal. There are a lot of spine surgeons in this area but Dr. Reddy stands head and shoulders above them all!
in South Bend, IN |
I saw Dr. Reddy for a problem with my neck. I was having trouble raising my arm above my head. I had seen multiple previous doctors and I was worse. I had had previous shoulder surgery on my rotator cuff which I'm pretty sure I didn't really need. In the end Dr. Reddy figured out that this was a pinched nerve in my neck and I had a neck fusion. At first I was frustrated because, as he predicted, the nerve was very slow to improve. However months later my shoulder is working again! He's a miracle
Gary, IN |
I saw Dr. Reddy and from the first appointment I knew this was my guy. He was well educated but seemed to explain things in a way I could understand. Unlike most doctors he didn't seem rushed. Don't get me wrong, he was very busy that day, but gave me all the time I needed to understand the surgery. Before, during and after surgery he has been fantastic. I'm now a few months out from surgery feeling great. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs spine surgery.
Mishawaka, IN |
I had surgery with Dr. Reddy for my lumbar spine. I had seen a few doctors before him and they couldn't seem to get my leg pain figured out. I felt like a pin cushion because I had gotten so many injections. They would help for a few days but they kepy coming up with a "new" injection to give me. I finally got furstrated and saw Dr. Reddy. He correctly diagnosed my problem and used a minimally invasive fusion to help relieve my leg and back pain. I feel great now. I'm so glad I came to see him.
South Bend, IN |
This is the first doctor took the time to really explain my surgery to me. He even drew it out on the paper bed covering and showed me each step! I felt at ease after my first appointment with him. My surgery went great and my arm pain has resolved. I'm so lucky I found him.
Elkhart, IN |
Great experience. Seems extremely well educated. Took plenty of time to talk with me and my family. I couldn't think of a more excellent choice to trust with the care of my spine. I would not hesitate to send any of my loved ones or family members to him.
South Bend, IN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Reddy for any spine issues. I had a severe cervical issue in which I got immediate relief. Dr. Reddy is very compassionate, kind, caring and extremely thorough. He has an awesome bed side manner and I can't say enough good things about him. Prior to surgery and after, he has always been extremely thorough. He is amazing!
Peoria, IL |
Honestly one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. He is a great patient advocate and explained everything to my family and I after my grandfather had a stroke. Everyone we encountered before him didn't answer our questions, however he was so knowledgable and took the time to talk to us in terms we could understand. He is so busy, however he makes you feel as if you are his only concern when he talks to you. I'm so thankful for this doctor and would recommend him to anyone and everyone
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Reddy, MD?
Are you Dr. Reddy?