Dr. Deepak Raja, MD

Dr. Deepak Raja, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Male

Deepak Raja, MD is a native of Englewood, FL. He attended Duke University in Durham, NC for his undergraduate studies and received a degree in biomedical and electrical engineering. He then attended the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, FL where he received his medical degree. He stayed on to do his internship at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami and completed his ophthalmology residency at Vanderbilt Eye Institute in Nashville, TN. Following this, he did a cornea and external disease fellowship at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN before joining the University of Alabama-Birmingham as a Clinical Instructor for two years, where he helped teach residents. He was recently appointed as an Assistant Professor at the UCF College of Medicine and is the Ophthalmology advisor for the UCF Ophthalmology Interest Group. Besides being board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, he is a member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the Cornea Society. He is also the current Department Chairman of Ophthalmology for Orlando Health and was recently named one of Orlando’s Best Doctors for 2013! In his spare time, he enjoys public speaking, writing, filming videos, learning Photoshop and being a dad. He is a passionate basketball fan and enjoys cheering on the Orlando Magic and Duke Blue Devils.

Orlando Eye Institute

4750 the Grove Dr Ste 230

Windermere, FL 34786

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Raja

Video

See how frequently Dr. Raja performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cornea Surgery
high
Corneal Ulcer
Corneal Diseases

Dr. Raja's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Raja "“The best part about my job is that I get to meet new people every day and hopefully make their life a little bit brighter–whether it be improving their vision, relieving their pain, or restoring their confidence in their appearance.  It’s an awesome responsibility and I appreciate that trust on a daily basis.”"

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Pterygium
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Strabismus
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Trichiasis
  • Ulcer
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis

• Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (ALK)
  • Anterior Vitrectomy
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Vanderbilt University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Minnesota Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Raja has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Raja does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Raja and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Raja's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Raja to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Raja's Performance
in Orlando, FL |
Everyone in the office was so nice and professional and this was the most thorough eye exam, I have ever had. I feel like they took their time and gave me great information. Highly recommend.
in Orlando, FL |
The employees were very effeciant and the overall experience was fantastic. Thanks to evryone and especially Dr. Raja.
in Clermont, FL |
The whole experience with Dr. Raja is great. He is very knowledgeable, and experienced. Every time I visit his office it is a pleasure. I highly recommend him and his practice.
Orlando, FL |
Excellent professional care. Don't feel rushed
in Orlando Florida |
I found him to be friendly and felt at ease with him. Staff also very helpful.
Windermere, FL |
Highly proficient and professional office staff and very personable physician. My vision is the best it has been in a long time.
in Montverde, FL |
I was recently seen by Dr. Raja and deem him extremely experienced with my current Miobian Gland Deficiency Syndrome.. The office is fully equipped to diagnose and treat this Dry Eye condition. His office staff was extremely friendly and it appears they run an efficient operation. The doctor recommended a treatment plan which includes a procedure I am currently contemplating. My conversation with him was excellent and he respected my intelligence in a way other eye doctors have not.
in Dix Hills, NY |
Visiting from New York, the conjunctivitis I was suffering from was not resolving with the antibiotics my eye doctor from home had given me. I found Dr. Raja on Health Grades and called, hoping he could see me. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating.. They squeezed me in and Dr. Raja gave me a thorough exam. He found some issues, determined my problem was viral, not bacterial and gave me prescriptions for the appropriate medicines. What a relief!
in Windermere, FL |
Great bedside manner. Experienced. Knowledgeable. Pleasant. Easy to talk to.
Orlando, FL |
Very unhappy with the results of the cataract surgery. Paid this doctor $7000.00 up front for upgraded intra-ocular lenses. My right eye is worse than before the surgery. Won't let him touch the left eye. (Surgery center he uses was, in my opinion, the worst. All the surgery patients were required to show up at 7AM. I waited 3 hours for my surgery. The nurse tried to get me out of the bed (to make room for the next patient while I was still so groggy that I would have fallen, if my friend hadn't
Excellent. Friendly, efficient and thorough
in Windermere, FL |
The office staff is efficient and knowledgeable. Dr. Raja is personable and up to date with latest technology. I highly recommend him and his practice.
Windermere, FL |
Excellent physician. Very personable.
in Orlando, FL |
Very friendly doctor who explained everything I needed to know.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr Raja is the total package of what someone seeking a physician is looking for. He is kind and listens to your concerns, making sure you understand treatment options available for your condition. I find Dr Raja to be extremely knowledgeable and professional and his staff is an extension of his care. Each time I've been in the office I have been impressed with such a friendly and caring staff. I highly recommend Orlando Eye Institute.
in Orlando, FL |
Very polite and very knowledgeable doctor.
in Ocoee, Fl |
Dr Raja was very kind and his staff was very welcoming. Charlotte, Alix and the Doctor fully explained each test completely. I felt very comfortable in his office, which was very nice by the way. The only changes I would make would be to lower the a/c a little - it was very stuffy in the office. Also, there was a VERY strong air freshener that bothered my allergies.
in Ocoee, FL |
I have seen many doctors, including ophthalmologist, over my many years and would rate Dr. Raja at the top. Very professional, very knowledgeable and patient centered. He was courteous and answered questions with a concern and high level of integrity. I am a retired ARNP and have been around many physicians.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Raja took his time with me and explained my condition of my eyes in an easy to understand manner. He was very personable and answered all my questions. I was extremely satisfied with his service and treatment of me.
in The Villages, FL |
I had previously been to two ophthalmologists in The Villages, FL. Neither properly diagnosed or treated my blurred vision in my left eye. The second one said the cornea was swollen, but I was not a candidate for surgery. I searched for a cornea specialist in central Florida and found Dr. Raja who quickly worked me into his schedule and began treatment. The pressure in the eye was 38 when treatment began. The treatment has taken six weeks, my eye pressure is now 11, and I can see clearly again.
Interlachen, FL |
Friendly, explains things clearly, answers questions w/o attitude, very professional, caring
in Winter Garden, Fl. |
I have full confidence in Dr. Raja. He explains everything to you and his staff is very helpful and courteous. I would definitely recommend Dr Raja to my friends and family.
in Apopka, FL |
I suffered a severe chemical injury to my cornea. Dr Raja's work at the ER saved the possibility of healing. At his practice,he conducted several effective surgical interventions and seems to have an encyclopedic knowledge of his subject area. He does the photo work himself,communicates promptly with other medical professionals,and speaks to the patient in clear,simple unambiguous language. Highest recommendation!
in Orlando, FL |
I have had cataract surgery with Dr Raja twice in 3 years (one eye in 2013, one last week) - the experience and results far exceeded my expectations. His approach and style are outstanding - highly recommended.
in Orlando, FL |
I have been seeing Dr Raja for 2 years his care is excellent.
in Orlando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Raja for about 3 years and I am highly satisfied with his professionalism.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Raja is highly qualified. He is progressive in his approach to eye care especially dry eye conditions.
in Kissimmee |
It was great. Good job of informing me about the procedure. The outcome of the procedure was what I was expecting.
I visited dr. Raja due to a cornea issue. Dr. Raja was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions and concerns.
in The Villages, FL |
I had a difficult time FINDING a Dr. that I felt comfortable with OR that could DO the procedure. My UHC guy helped me - and told me about Dr. Raja, The first visit I KNEW he was the one. He explained everything he'd have to do and how he'd do it and had done similar surgeries. He was confident and made me feel comfortable. I just had my 3rd surgery - pertaining to the problem. It's been a difficult and unusual project, but I still trust and have faith in Dr Raja and know he'll make it right.
in Orlando, FL |
I saw Dr. Raja for some dry eye symptoms I was having. He made me feel at ease, diagnosed the problem and began treatment. So far, so good, it seems to be working! The staff was really friendly, and made me feel welcome. Wish all doctors offices were like this!
Orlando, FL |
Extremely slow process for routine eye exam (over 3 hours!!). Staff did not wash their hands before helping me, and I had to ask to have the equipment wiped off with alcohol. Staff did not know how to use the refraction equipment. While I waited in the back for 3 hrs, my fianc?' said the staff was singing/dancing at the front desk. Dr. Raja makes his patients pay full cost upfront (understandable), however then he gets reimbursed by insurance, and his office never refunds your money!!
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Raja, MD?

Visit Dr. Raja