Dr. Deepak Mitra, MD

Dr. Deepak Mitra, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Mercy Mchenry Pediatrics 3922 Mercy Dr, McHenry, IL 60050 Get Directions

Dr. Mitra specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in McHenry, IL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Mitra? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Mitra's Experience

See how Dr. Mitra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mitra

Dr. Mitra accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mitra has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mitra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitra to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Mitra's Performance
in Holiday Hills, IL |
I'm so glad I found Dr. Mitra. He explains everything so I understand. I ask a lot of questions so I can understand what's going on. He's very intelligent. He remembers what we have discussed in the past. He never rushes with my appointments. His nurse Natasha is wonderful as well. Very comforting when I was stressed about some test results, I also liked that the Dr. called himself to give me test results to see if I had any questions. I highly recommend !!!
in Grayslake, IL |
This guy is the best. He knows his content and he takes the time to have intelligent conversations with you about the best course of action for your health care. There was one thing in particular that I was considering that he talked me out of. Glad he did based on recent research and studies.
North Chicago, IL |
I came to this doctor with a history of anxiety and depression. I even gave him the name of the doctor and office he could get my records from so he would know that I wasn't just in for meds. He prescribes you medication, but NEVER authorizes a refill. EVER. If you ever want a refill, you have to go in and see him. How is it safe to get someone on a prescription only to deny them a refill 90 days in? He is so hesitant to have a refill in his name and THAT is a red flag and NOT what a good drs do
in Lake Zurich, IL |
I saw Dr. Mitra because I have been experiencing distressing symptoms including unexplained hair loss. He was reluctant to run two types of tests because, if X test came back normal but Y test came back abnormal, we would not know why. So by that reasoning you only want to run tests with results you can explain off the top of your head? Results came back normal but he and his nurse brushed me off with NO suggestions on where to go from here and what I should do next. I'm going to a new PCP.
in MCHENRY Il |
He did not believe me when I told him I was very sick, the result of this is I almost died from a Addisions chrises. My wife and sister looked up my symptoms and determined I had Addison's disease. It's a good thing I went to see an endocrynologist when I did or I would not be here right now. Dr Mitra is a nice kid but his failure to listen to what his patient was telling him was a huge mistake. Even with insurance it cost me $10,000 out of pocket for medical bills.
Have you seen Dr. Deepak Mitra, MD?
Are you Dr. Mitra?

Compare Dr. Mitra

Dr. Mitra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Mitra has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mitra's Board Certifications

Dr. Mitra does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Mitra and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago

Graduated in 2005

Mayo Med School

Completed in 2006

Mayo Med School

Completed in 2008

Dr. Mitra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Mitra does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Mitra and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.