Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD

RheumatologyFemaleAge 50

Rheumatology

Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Paramus, NJ and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Wu has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy. She graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Med Sch in 1998. She is affiliated with Valley Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD

Hospital For Special Surgery

140 E Ridgewood Ave Ste 175S Paramus, NJ 07652
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Rheumatology Specialists

Compare Dr. Wu with our nearby Rheumatology Specialists at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center today at (973) 765-6593.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Dr. Wu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wu

3.8

excellent diagnostician with great bedside manner
I've been a patient of Dr. Wu's for the past few years, first for psoriatic arthritis and now for fibromyalgia as well. Dr. Wu is an excellent diagnostician. She asks poignant questions and is and spends as much time with a patient as is needed (this does have the downside of her frequently running 15-30 min late if you have a later-in-the-day appointment). She explains things in an easy to understand manner and has a kind bedside manner. I've contacted her and her office via the patient portal on numerous occasions and they always reply promptly and courteously; if Dr. Wu thinks an issue warrants a follow up - either in person or virtual - she and her office staff work to get that scheduled in a timely manner. I have no reservations referring friends to Dr. Wu.
Lauren – Sep 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?
I was a patient years ago and she diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and her receptionist told me I couldn’t see her for 5 months and she doesn’t treat that anymore. My neurologist recommended I see a rheumatologist so I thought she would be more willing to help except put many hurdles in front of me
Nicholas Alessio – Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Dee Dee Wu for a short period. I was very disappointed that Dr. Wu never called me after I emailed her. In my email, I explained to her that I was in pain and that the pain was getting worse. I needed her help. I strongly advise anyone in pain NOT to seek treatment from her. Her office told me to email her through the MyHSS Message Center. Here is my email to her: "... My lower back, mostly on the right side, is very painful, especially when I wake up in the morning. It remains painful throughout the day. I have had this pain for a long time, but I am more aware of it now and find it more difficult to cope with. On February 24th, I had X-rays of .... Please contact me. Thank you." DR. DEE DEE WU NEVER CALLED ME. I remained in pain.
Left in Pain – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?
Dr. Wu is one of the most intelligent and compassionate doctors I have seen throughout a lengthy and complicated medical odyssey... and her treatment was, by far, the best. She took considerable time to understand the issues I was having, identify what was going on, and come up with a plan that worked.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?
Dr. Wu is by far the best and most caring Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of being treated by. Given that she has left her practice in Fair Lawn NJ and is now affiliated with HSS in Paramus, NJ she is no longer a participating provider with my health insurance plan. As such, I am now forced to find another rheumatologist! Additionally, I was not advised by her new staff that they do not accept my insurance until after I already had two visits with her. Now they want me to pay $700!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Fran in Orange County, NY – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?
Had full blown RA. Dr Wu found the answer for me and I am now almost pain free. She truly cares for her patients. This is rare in today's world of Insurance
Ken R in Paterson, NJ – Apr 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?
Dr. Wu is the best doctor I have ever experienced. Her knowledge of my medical condition far exceeds any rhumetologist I have ever seen. She spends an appropriate amount of time with you, conducts a physical exam, reviews your history and blood work, while explaining and making adjustments/suggestions as necessary. She provides the BEST care. You never feel rushed. Sadly, her move to the HSS and their arrogance in not accepting most health insurances, is forcing me to find another doctor.
Ginna3 in Valley Cottage, NY – Mar 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wu?

• Rheumatology

1994
Columbia University, New York, NY

• Korean
  • Mandarin

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD?

Does Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Wu's profile.

What are Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Wu specializes in Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD treat?

Dr. Wu frequently treats the following conditions: Osteopenia, Chondrocalcinosis, and Osteoarthritis. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD's office address?

Dr. Wu's office is located at 140 E Ridgewood Ave Ste 175S, Paramus, NJ 07652. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages is Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD fluent in?

Dr. Wu is able to speak Chinese, Mandarin, Korean, and English. View profile to see all.

Is Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD able to provide telehealth services?

Dr. Wu provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.

Is Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD is affiliated with Valley Hospital.

How much experience does Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD have?

Dr. Wu has over 24 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 3.8/5 for Dr. Dee Dee Wu, MD. Patients say that the provider listened & answered questions well and the appointment wasn't rushed. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Frequently Treated by Dr. Wu

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Wu treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Wu treats other conditions, please contact the office at (201) 599-8016.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Wu is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Wu is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Very High

Check Dr. Wu's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Wu's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthritis of the Neck
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dry Eyes
  • Gout
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Vasculitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Wu accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Wu has indicated that she accepts most major insurance carriers

(201) 599-8016Find providers who accept this insurance