Dr. Debra Fromer, MD

Dr. Debra Fromer, MD

Urology  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Debra Fromer, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Hackensack, NJ. She is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Fromer is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center.

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Fromer

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Fromer's Experience

Dr. Fromer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Urology

• Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Lithotripsy
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Tufts University
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Newyork-Presbyterian-Columbia University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Newyork-Presbyterian-Columbia University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • New York Presbyterian-Columbia Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Fromer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fromer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fromer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Hackensack University Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Prostate Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Fromer is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Fromer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fromer to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Fromer's Performance
    GOOD
in Wayne, NJ |
She is the first doctor out of many to actually help me and get it right. She is amazing and I would recommend her to anyone going thru issues that other doctors cannot solve. She shows a lot of compassion and is just an amazing doctor all the way around!!!!!!
I think Dr. Fromer is a very good doctor and would love to recommend her to others but unfortunately due to the staff working there I cannot do so. To make an appt or speak to a nurse is do frustrating, you are on hold forever and can be disconnected multiple times. The doctor tells you one thing and the nurse says something else. I feel like I am always having to defend myself to the nurse. It's quite upsetting. They really need serious changes on how things are managed there.
in Westwood, NJ |
Dr. Debra is an excellent Urologist. She is friendly, outgoing, and very informative. She takes the time to answer all your questions, advises you of your choices, and never rushes at all. You feel like she really cares about your well-being. I would highly recommend her. Her staff of nurses are polite, friendly, and always return your calls. I feel very lucky that she was recommended to me, and that she performed my surgery very successfully.
in River Edge NJ |
After experiencing severe pelvic pain, I called to set up an appointment with a female urologist. However, the interaction I had with the scheduling representative was so unpleasant and unhelpful that I made an appointment with another doctor. First, I was on hold for 20 minutes at 8 AM on a Tuesday morning while waiting to set up an appointment. No doctor was available to see me for two days. I explained that I had serious pain and was told to go to the ER. Yeah.
in lyndhurst,nj |
Drs not call back when I called 3 times on pain,always seems rushed
in Hackensack, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Fromer's for well over a decade now and she is an outstanding physician. However, I recently encountered a health issue that req. me to call & make an emergency appt that placed me on a endless hold time when you hit opt#2 to speak with an RN. The back and forth phone calls today took a total of 65 minutes which is simply outrageous, but how I was treated on the phone by her staff and how the phone mysteriously disconnected is unprofessional. Lack of compassion...
What I thought was a great experience turned out was maybe not so great...doctor recommended I provide a urine sample, and would hear back once results were in. After 2 weeks of not hearing I contacted the office only to be told there was no record of any sample being sent out! Really! What happened to the sample I gave. No apology from the nurse who returned my call. All she said was that they would send me another perscription in the mail and I could go to a lab by me. totally annoyed!
Hackensack, NJ |
Waited a long time to see her for a few minutes. Pushed some extra tests on me and told me my insurance covers them (but not!) One test was preformed by her which the camera wasn't working. The other one was done elsewhere but she/her office never contacted me for results. When I called the office, no one answers. I left messages and no one called back. I also wanted them to fax my test results to my general practitioner but they never fax them! I will never use this office again!
in Waldwick, NJ |
Dr. Fromer was extraordinarily professional and assessed my problem immediately. She took the time to explain the course of action, and I loved Dr. Fromer's confidence regarding her plan. I was at ease from the moment Dr. Fromer walked into the room.
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
This doctor is very rude. She is impatient and gave me the feeling that all I did was bothering her.
Have you seen Dr. Debra Fromer, MD?
Are you Dr. Fromer?

Visit Dr. Fromer

Dr. Fromer accepts 11 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health