Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 58

Dr. Atkisson
6320 Southwest Blvd Ste 207 Benbrook, TX 76109

Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Benbrook, TX. She graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Atkisson accepts

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Atkisson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Atkisson's conditions and procedures:

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism

4.5

Dr. Atkisson?
Dr. Atkisson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD
Look, this just wasn't a good place. I have more of a problem with the NP, but still, my trouble with them could have been completely avoided if they just listened to me and communicated with my other doctors and each other. It's not difficult to give treatment without absolutely ignoring my heart troubles.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
Awesome doctor and she really cares!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
Dr. Atkisson is fantastic-medically & in her bedside manner. She is kind & attentive during appointments. She treats her patients as valuable individuals, not a diagnosis. We went thru several doctors trying to find a solid treatment plan all to no avail. In one appointment, she had us on the right track after a long season of no answers. Her office staff, (Andrea and Nancy), is consistently helpful, kind and positive. I’m happy to wait a bit extra for fantastic care office-wide.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
She can run behind but the problems she is dealing with are not blood pressure and or a flu shot. I have depression and have a hard time expressing my thoughts and talking fast . But she has kept me healthier(out of the hospital) and greatly improved my life. So yes she runs behind and what I think when she does this is that I’m doing so much better than the patient she is with that is putting her schedule behind. I know when I need her she will take the time with ME that I need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
Our son sees Dr. A, and she is caring, thoughtful and very good with working to tweak his medications. She asks great questions and answers ours every time. Yes, she usually runs late, but this is not a hair appointment, it is mental health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
She has been wonderful. Dr. Atkisson has helped me so much I wish I had found her years ago. But well worth the wait. She really cares about her patients, doctors like her rarely run on time. I think it is great that when something unusal is going on with me she takes the time to help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
Dr. Atkisson is wonderful! She is kind, compassionate, and really listens to you. Her staff is amazing. I've had many psychiatrists throughout the years and by far, she's the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
Dr. Atkisson can run a little behind, but the short wait is worth it. She never rushes you out the door to get to her next patient. She listens to what you have to say. She is so great. She figured out what was wrong and life is so much easier now. If you are having trouble, I wouldn't go to anyone but her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?
While Dr. Atkisson and her staff are friendly, she is never on time. We have waited for EVERY single appointment by 40 minutes to 1 hour over scheduled appointment time. On our last visit, she took patients out of order without even asking if we would mind waiting to be seen. We left after waiting 40 minutes. Shes a great physician.... if you don't mind being treated as if your time and schedule is less important than hers and apparently less important than the other patients in the room!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Debra Atkisson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Atkisson?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry