Dr. Debra Abell, MD

Dr. Debra Abell, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dermatology & Cosmetic Skin Care is a family oriented practice. We serve the  young to the very elderly. Toys and dolls for the kids. Comfortable chairs and couches for you to relax and occasionally snooze while waiting to be called. Yes....sometimes there is a wait. There is a TV for those who want to catch up on their shows and local news. We are not a sleek plastic surgery office or a sterile hospital waiting room. Think Grandmother's house on Thanksgiving Day. There's lots of laughter and we love what we do.

We do enjoy doing cosmetic procedures such as Botox and Fillers but that is not our primary focus. Medical and surgical dermatology is 90% of our practice. We do not hesitate to refer to a plastic surgeon or Moh's surgeon if the patient outcome is improved by that referral.

We appreciate patient feedback. We are always striving to improve.

Dr. Debra Abell, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Wexford, PA. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Abell is affiliated with UPMC Passavant - McCandless.

Dr. Abell's Experience

See how Dr. Abell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abell

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Abell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abell to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Abell Says:

Dr. Abell's Performance
    FAIR
Pittsburgh, PA |
Was patient for 28 years, but everytime was like she didn't remember or know me. Tried to clear up obvious miscommunication between assistant and doctor regarding my symptoms...this met with hostility and anger. How dare I want accurate information to be used in my treatment! Lol. Waited an hour and a half for appointment. Not a problem if the doctor spends time with me. But after an hour and a half a 2-4 minute hurried appointment. I am not angry I am hurt.
Brooklyn, NY |
RIDICULOUS wait time. Waiting room about 95 degrees and smelled of mold.
in Wexford, PA |
This doctor is not proficient in her surgical abilities. I am reminded daily of her inability to remove the tiniest of skin spots by the ugly huge zipper scar she left on my body. Skillful doctors do not use sutures to close an incision....they use GLUE!....HEY DR. ABELL...INVEST IN SOME GLUE! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, research your doctors before putting your health in their hands. I am so sorry I trusted her with mine. Also, she is never on time-always running extremely late on appointments
in Cranberry Township, PA |
If I could give them zero stars I would. This office sent me a bill 2 years later to an old address I lived at 2 years prior. Never heard from this office once. I've had perfect credit and have payed every bill I've ever had on time to anyone. Then this dermatologist office has the nerve of sending a bill that's less than the price of groceries, 2 yrs old, to a collection agency without even calling or notifying. Complete distrust in this office. I would stay far away unless you want problems.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I would recommend Dr. Abell and her team to treat all those I know. They were focused on my needs as a patient and seemed to be authentic in my care plan that worked the best for me. I never felt rushed during any appointment and always felt like they took the time needed in order for my issue to be addressed. This is one office I feel that I can go into and feel like a person and not a number that needs to be seen.
in Cranberry Township, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr.Abell's for the past 2 years. Her & her staff are wonderful!! This is one of those doctor visits you don't mind making! Everyone on her staff is friendly and welcoming & I always have a good laugh during my appt. Yes, sometimes I had to wait a little after my appt time to be seen, not every time. I'd like to think if I got diagnosed with Skin cancer or something serious that my doctor would spend a few extra mins with me, i'll wait the extra 20 mins for that anytime!
Have you seen Dr. Debra Abell, MD?
Are you Dr. Abell?

Compare Dr. Abell

Dr. Abell's Care Philosophy

We appreciate patient feedback. We are always striving to improve.

Dr. Abell says...

Long waits are a common complaint in the office. Insurance companies restrict how much time can be spent with patients. Unforeseen events occur. The session that should have lasted fifteen minutes goes to thirty. An elderly woman takes longer to dress or a patient on aspirin bleeds after a procedure. These delays are cumulative. If you are the last one scheduled, you will probably be delayed. We are always working on this never ending scheduling dilemma.

Teledermatology may be a solution for those who hate the wait and have a simple problem that can be treated online. DermatologistOnCall is a teledermatology service that allows evaluation from the comfort of your home. It eliminates the need to wait for an appointment. Forms are online. You can submit your background information, complaint, and pictures via a secure, HIPAA/HITECH compliant, online platform.  We diagnose and treat you, usually within 24 hours, and your prescriptions are ready when you arrive at the pharmacy.

Dr. Abell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Abell has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abell's Board Certifications

• Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Harvard

• French
  • German
  • Portuguese

Dr. Abell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology