Dr. Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Dr. Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Dermatology | Female

I care deeply about my patients.  As a woman of "a certain age," I also identify with many of my female patients, and have a deep understanding of the kinds of cosmetic enhancements they are looking for.   They don't want to look "plastic" or "fake," but rather more a better version of themselves.   I'm a firm believer that when you look better, you feel better.

Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Deborah Sarnoff is the Director of Dermatology at COSMETIQUE Dermatology, Laser & Plastic Surgery, LLP, New York (with offices on Park Avenue in Manhattan and on Long Island's Gold Coast), where she specializes in cosmetic dermatology, dermatologic and laser surgery and Mohs micrographic surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. A Clinical Professor of Dermatology at New York University's School of Medicine, Dr. Sarnoff graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Cornell University, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She received her medical degree, with distinction, from the George Washington University Medical School, where she was elected to the Medical Honor Society, Alpha Omega Alpha. She completed her residency in dermatology and fellowship in Mohs surgery from New York University School of Medicine. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology and the American Board of Dermatology, as well as a Fellow in the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Physicians. Dr. Sarnoff is President of The International Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Senior Vice President of The Skin Cancer Foundation, Secretary/Treasurer of The New York State Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, and Co-Editor in Chief of The Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. She also served on the Inter-specialty Advisory Board of The Aesthetic Surgery Journal for five years. Dr. Sarnoff frequently lectures at national and international meetings on all aspects of dermatologic surgery, and also serves as a principal investigator for clinical studies that lead to groundbreaking treatments and new technologies in lasers, fillers and neurotoxins. As one of the preeminent cosmetic dermatologic surgeons in the world, Dr. Sarnoff is frequently interviewed by the media. She has been featured in newspaper articles for The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and numerous magazines, such as Oprah Magazine, Vogue, Glamour, Allure and Cosmopolitan. Dr. Sarnoff has also demonstrated her cosmetic procedures on a variety of television programs, including The View, The Today Show, Good Morning America, 20/20, Dateline, Nightline, CBS News, NBC News, The Doctors and Dr. Oz, and was named a "life saver" on Extra. Dr. Sarnoff is the co-author of the best-selling books Beauty and the Beam: Your Complete Guide to Cosmetic Laser Surgery and Instant Beauty: Getting Gorgeous on Your Lunch Break (St. Martin's Press). She was named one of the "Best Doctors" in New York by New York magazine; one of New York's "Super Doctors" by The New York Times; and a "Top Doctor" in America as well as the New York metropolitan area by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Dr. Sarnoff has also been the recipient of the Humanitarian Award from CancerCare.

Dr. Sarnoff's Experience

See how Dr. Sarnoff's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sarnoff

Dr. Sarnoff accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Sarnoff has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sarnoff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sarnoff to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Sarnoff's Performance
in Port Washington |
I was only in the office once, but I have another appt. in a few weeks. The staff was friendly and I felt very comfortable. Dr. Sarnoff really knows her stuff and I have the utmost confidence in her. My son was also a patient there a few months ago and he had the same nice things to say about the doctor, that's how I became a patient. I would recommend Dr. Sarnoff to other family members and friends. I'm glad her office is so close to home, but I would travel anyway to see her if I had to.
in Huntington |
Dr. Sarnoff has a very busy practice, is incredibly knowledgeable about all things cosmetic and is a skin cancer expert. It is not unusual to wait a bit before seeing any doctor if the doctor is taking their time with their patients. Dr. Sarnoff genuinely cares about her patients and she was able to guide me in the right direction to achieve the result I was looking for without any downtime. I now look rested and revived, just what I needed. I look & feel at least 10 years younger!
in Greenvale, NY |
Dr. Sarnoff is one of a kind -- she has the keenest eye of any doctor I have been to. There was a mark on my arm no one could see, let alone diagnose, and she did. I'm so grateful for her expertise and kindness to me and my family. I primarily see Dr. Sarnoff for medical concerns, but a few times a year I also come in for Botox and filler because she's also an expert at that and it's great to be able to have medical and cosmetic treatments performed in the same place. Thank you!
in New York, NY |
Extremely caring and compassionate to me and my wife. Dr. Sarnoff successfully performed Mohs surgery on me recently. My wife sees her for Botox. Terrific doctor and staff.
in Locust Valley, NY |
The only thing that exceeds Dr. Sarnoff's knowledge and attention of her patient's needs is the wonderful team of staff who stands behind her. It is not easy to find a dermatologist who has such a wide range of services to provide. Cosmetique is a one-stop shop for skin care and beauty needs :) Definitely recommended.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Sarnoff was recommended to me by my doctor for removal of a basal cell. She did a fantastic job, her bedside manner was terrific. I returned to the office a few weeks later to try some Botox and filler, and I was immensely pleased with the result! Her staff was very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend Dr. Sarnoff - thank you!
in Garden City, New York |
I was thoroughly satisfied with Dr. Sarnoff's work. I have been undergoing a procedure that uses a combination of Juviderm and laser therapy to alleviate some facial scarring. Dr. Sarnoff was patient, professional and most importantly her methodology has worked and repaired much of the facial scarring around my temple area. I would recommend her to anyone.
Long Island |
She removed a mole for me and it got infected and left a disgusting scar. I would never go to her again or recommend her to anyone.
in New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr Sarnoff's for 6 years and could not be happier. Not only are the nurses and staff friendly, but they truly care and take the time to get to know you. I have had to get various things removed but you would never know since Dr Sarnoff does such a great job of suturing, leaving the scars barely visible. I would definitely recommend her.
Greenvale, NY |
Second visit to the office for a consultation with nurse practitioner with the same terrible experience- waiting over half hour post ap time Office hours 9-11 am twice a week- clearly not for working people Not friendly Coordinator Linda - who did not even introduced herself Would not come back and would not refer anybody
Brooklyn, NY |
I came here for an acne laser treatment and am very disappointment. After spending almost $3,000.00 there is absolutely no improvement. I feel like I was scammed.
Brooklyn, NY |
Do not go to this doctor! Horrible service and treatment!
in Oyster Bay |
I'VE HAD 2 MOHS SURGERIES WITH DR. SARNOFF - COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THE LEVEL OF CARE I RECEIVED.
in Flushing, NY |
Doctor Sarnoff, Linda & staff are friendly, professional, and knowledgable in their fields of expertise. I have seen Dr. Sarnoff 3X, and was highly satisfied with the services performed. I also enjoyed my time there with them. A++
in Commack, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sarnoff's for almost a year. Most recently she removed a cyst from my scalp. Dr. Sarnoff and her team (Linda and Melissa) made me feel comfortable and confident. They all have a calming demeanor and explain everything prior to starting a procedure including specifics about caring for the area after the procedure. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sarnoff to my family and friends.
in New York, NY |
My experiences with Dr. Sarnoff and her staff has been nothing but excellent. I have had a melanoma and have seen numerous dermotologists in the NYC area. Most rush you in and out and are eager to cut. This office is completely different. From the moment you walk in and meet Andy you feel comfortable. The nurses are kind and warm and Dr. Sarnoff is lovely and will sit and talk to you and explain anything you have concerns about. Given my history I often call at the last minute to have her look
Have you seen Dr. Deborah Sarnoff, MD?
Are you Dr. Sarnoff?

Compare Dr. Sarnoff

Dr. Sarnoff says...

Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Deborah Sarnoff is the Director of Dermatology at COSMETIQUE Dermatology, Laser & Plastic Surgery, LLP, New York (with offices on Park Avenue in Manhattan and on Long Island's Gold Coast), where she specializes in cosmetic dermatology, dermatologic and laser surgery and Mohs micrographic surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. A Clinical Professor of Dermatology at New York University's School of Medicine, Dr. Sarnoff graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Cornell University, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.   She received her medical degree, with distinction, from the George Washington University Medical School, where she was elected to the Medical Honor Society, Alpha Omega Alpha.  She completed her residency in dermatology and fellowship in Mohs surgery from New York University School of Medicine.  She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology and the American Board of Dermatology, as well as a Fellow in the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Physicians.

Dr. Sarnoff is President of The International Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Senior Vice President of The Skin Cancer Foundation, Secretary/Treasurer of The New York State Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, and Co-Editor in Chief of The Journal of Drugs in Dermatology.   She also served on the Inter-specialty Advisory Board of The Aesthetic Surgery Journal for five years.  Dr. Sarnoff frequently lectures at national and international meetings on all aspects of dermatologic surgery, and also serves as a principal investigator for clinical studies that lead to groundbreaking treatments and new technologies in lasers, fillers and neurotoxins. As one of the preeminent cosmetic dermatologic surgeons in the world, Dr. Sarnoff is frequently interviewed by the media.  She has been featured in newspaper articles for The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and numerous magazines, such as Oprah Magazine, Vogue, Glamour, Allure and Cosmopolitan.  Dr. Sarnoff has also demonstrated her cosmetic procedures on a variety of television programs, including The View, The Today Show, Good Morning America, 20/20, Dateline, Nightline, CBS News, NBC News, The Doctors and Dr. Oz, and was named a "life saver" on Extra.

Dr. Sarnoff is the co-author of the best-selling books Beauty and the Beam: Your Complete Guide to Cosmetic Laser Surgery and Instant Beauty: Getting Gorgeous on Your Lunch Break (St. Martin's Press).   She was named one of the "Best Doctors" in New York by New York magazine; one of New York's "Super Doctors" by The New York Times; and a "Top Doctor" in America as well as the New York metropolitan area by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.  Dr. Sarnoff has also been the recipient of the Humanitarian Award from CancerCare.

Dr. Sarnoff's Care Philosophy

Dr. Sarnoff says...

I specialize in cosmetic dermatology (Botox and a wide range of dermal fillers), dermatologic and laser surgery and Mohs micrographic surgery for the treatment of skin cancer -- I have personally treated over 25,000 skin cancers.

Dr. Sarnoff says...

My expertise lies in the areas of cosmetic dermatology (Botox, fillers), laser surgery and Mohs surgery for the treatment of skin cancer.

Dr. Sarnoff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Sarnoff has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sarnoff's Board Certifications

• Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

Nyu

Completed in 1984

Nyu

Completed in 1986

Dr. Sarnoff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sarnoff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology