Dr. Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Dr. Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Deborah Sarnoff, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Greenvale, NY. She is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Read her story

31 Northern Blvd

Greenvale, NY 11548

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Sarnoff

See how frequently Dr. Sarnoff performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Itchy Skin
Warts

Dr. Sarnoff's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sarnoff's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sarnoff "Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Deborah Sarnoff is the Director of Dermatology at COSMETIQUE Dermatology, Laser & Plastic Surgery, LLP, New York (with offices on Park Avenue in Manhattan and on Long Island's Gold Coast), where she specializes in cosmetic dermatology, dermatologic and laser surgery and Mohs micrographic surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. A Clinical Professor of Dermatology at New York University's School of Medicine, Dr. Sarnoff graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Cornell University, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She received her medical degree, with distinction, from the George Washington University Medical School, where she was elected to the Medical Honor Society, Alpha Omega Alpha. She completed her residency in dermatology and fellowship in Mohs surgery from New York University School of Medicine. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology and the American Board of Dermatology, as well as a Fellow in the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Physicians. Dr. Sarnoff is President of The International Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Senior Vice President of The Skin Cancer Foundation, Secretary/Treasurer of The New York State Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, and Co-Editor in Chief of The Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. She also served on the Inter-specialty Advisory Board of The Aesthetic Surgery Journal for five years. Dr. Sarnoff frequently lectures at national and international meetings on all aspects of dermatologic surgery, and also serves as a principal investigator for clinical studies that lead to groundbreaking treatments and new technologies in lasers, fillers and neurotoxins. As one of the preeminent cosmetic dermatologic surgeons in the world, Dr. Sarnoff is frequently interviewed by the media. She has been featured in newspaper articles for The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and numerous magazines, such as Oprah Magazine, Vogue, Glamour, Allure and Cosmopolitan. Dr. Sarnoff has also demonstrated her cosmetic procedures on a variety of television programs, including The View, The Today Show, Good Morning America, 20/20, Dateline, Nightline, CBS News, NBC News, The Doctors and Dr. Oz, and was named a "life saver" on Extra. Dr. Sarnoff is the co-author of the best-selling books Beauty and the Beam: Your Complete Guide to Cosmetic Laser Surgery and Instant Beauty: Getting Gorgeous on Your Lunch Break (St. Martin's Press). She was named one of the "Best Doctors" in New York by New York magazine; one of New York's "Super Doctors" by The New York Times; and a "Top Doctor" in America as well as the New York metropolitan area by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Dr. Sarnoff has also been the recipient of the Humanitarian Award from CancerCare."

This content was provided by Dr. Sarnoff "I care deeply about my patients.  As a woman of "a certain age," I also identify with many of my female patients, and have a deep understanding of the kinds of cosmetic enhancements they are looking for.   They don't want to look "plastic" or "fake," but rather more a better version of themselves.   I'm a firm believer that when you look better, you feel better."

• Dermatology

• Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Cornell University
  • Nyu
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Nyu
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Sarnoff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sarnoff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sarnoff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sarnoff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sarnoff to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Sarnoff's Performance
in New York, NY |
I'm a patient of Dr. Sarnoff's in her Manhattan office. From the moment you walk into the office, you're treated with respect and kindness by the staff, all of whom make you feel at home, offer you a bottled water and keep you informed as to how long the approximate wait time is. Dr. Sarnoff's skill as a dermatologist is amazing -- my doctor out of state recommended that I see her when I move to NY, and I'm truly glad that I listened to his advice - she also takes care of my Botox and filler.
in Greenvale, NY |
Dr. Sarnoff and her staff took the very best care of my father for over 20 years. He had a multitude of skin cancers, and every time he came to the office, he was treated with the utmost dignity and respect, not to mention the immense talent of Dr. Sarnoff in not only finding the skin cancers but treating every one. I will always remember her kindness toward him especially as the aging process got the better of him -- she would always joke with him, make him feel at ease. She's terrific!
in Centerport, NY |
You will have to wait a bit to see Dr. Sarnoff, that's true, but that is because she is much sought after AND WORTH THE WAIT. She is an expert with fillers and if you want the best, it's Dr. Sarnoff. No bruising or redness and she knew exactly what I wanted. My whole family sees Dr. Sarnoff for bi -annual body checks, but she now has a fantastic PA, Tara, who I saw for my most recent body check. She is very thorough and has great hours. Staff is great too! I highly recommend the office.
in Roslyn, NY |
Dr. Sarnoff is an excellent doctor. At 37 I was so embarrassed that I am so afraid of doctors. Dr. Sarnoff was sympathetic and wonderful. Very few doctors have this nice of a bed manner. She was recommended to me by several people and I know why. Highly recommend.
in Greenvale, NY |
I came to see Dr. Sarnoff because another dermatologist had given me filler and it distorted my face. She corrected the problem beautifully and now I see her for Botox and filler. She also takes care of my husband, who is quite fair and prone to developing skin cancers -- Dr. Sarnoff is his Mohs surgeon. She is superlative. Her front desk manager in the NYC office is professional and attentive to those who are waiting to see the doctor. G
in Greenvale, NY |
Dr. Sarnoff found a spot on my back which literally saved my life. I can't tell you how much I appreciate her skill as a doctor and her kindness as a physician not only to me but my family. She is the best skin cancer specialist as far as I am concerned. My wife sees her for Botox and filler, and looks great! Great staff, terrific office, one-of-a-kind doctor.
Long Island |
I was very unhappy with treatments that were expensive and didn't help at all. Don't waste your time or money.
in Valley Stream , NY |
If you are looking for a great Doctor look no further.She is a very experienced doctor.When she works on you,she has such a gentle touch.Her personality toward her patients really is amazing.She also takes time with her patients.So please consider her as you Doctor.
in Huntington |
Dr. Sarnoff has a very busy practice, is incredibly knowledgeable about all things cosmetic and is a skin cancer expert. It is not unusual to wait a bit before seeing any doctor if the doctor is taking their time with their patients. Dr. Sarnoff genuinely cares about her patients and she was able to guide me in the right direction to achieve the result I was looking for without any downtime. I now look rested and revived, just what I needed. I look & feel at least 10 years younger!
in Greenvale, NY |
Dr. Sarnoff is one of a kind -- she has the keenest eye of any doctor I have been to. There was a mark on my arm no one could see, let alone diagnose, and she did. I'm so grateful for her expertise and kindness to me and my family. I primarily see Dr. Sarnoff for medical concerns, but a few times a year I also come in for Botox and filler because she's also an expert at that and it's great to be able to have medical and cosmetic treatments performed in the same place. Thank you!
in Locust Valley, NY |
The only thing that exceeds Dr. Sarnoff's knowledge and attention of her patient's needs is the wonderful team of staff who stands behind her. It is not easy to find a dermatologist who has such a wide range of services to provide. Cosmetique is a one-stop shop for skin care and beauty needs :) Definitely recommended.
in Garden City, New York |
I was thoroughly satisfied with Dr. Sarnoff's work. I have been undergoing a procedure that uses a combination of Juviderm and laser therapy to alleviate some facial scarring. Dr. Sarnoff was patient, professional and most importantly her methodology has worked and repaired much of the facial scarring around my temple area. I would recommend her to anyone.
Long Island |
She removed a mole for me and it got infected and left a disgusting scar. I would never go to her again or recommend her to anyone.
in New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr Sarnoff's for 6 years and could not be happier. Not only are the nurses and staff friendly, but they truly care and take the time to get to know you. I have had to get various things removed but you would never know since Dr Sarnoff does such a great job of suturing, leaving the scars barely visible. I would definitely recommend her.
Greenvale, NY |
Second visit to the office for a consultation with nurse practitioner with the same terrible experience- waiting over half hour post ap time Office hours 9-11 am twice a week- clearly not for working people Not friendly Coordinator Linda - who did not even introduced herself Would not come back and would not refer anybody
Brooklyn, NY |
I came here for an acne laser treatment and am very disappointment. After spending almost $3,000.00 there is absolutely no improvement. I feel like I was scammed.
Brooklyn, NY |
Do not go to this doctor! Horrible service and treatment!
in Oyster Bay |
I'VE HAD 2 MOHS SURGERIES WITH DR. SARNOFF - COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THE LEVEL OF CARE I RECEIVED.
in Flushing, NY |
Doctor Sarnoff, Linda & staff are friendly, professional, and knowledgable in their fields of expertise. I have seen Dr. Sarnoff 3X, and was highly satisfied with the services performed. I also enjoyed my time there with them. A++
in Commack, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sarnoff's for almost a year. Most recently she removed a cyst from my scalp. Dr. Sarnoff and her team (Linda and Melissa) made me feel comfortable and confident. They all have a calming demeanor and explain everything prior to starting a procedure including specifics about caring for the area after the procedure. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sarnoff to my family and friends.
in New York, NY |
My experiences with Dr. Sarnoff and her staff has been nothing but excellent. I have had a melanoma and have seen numerous dermotologists in the NYC area. Most rush you in and out and are eager to cut. This office is completely different. From the moment you walk in and meet Andy you feel comfortable. The nurses are kind and warm and Dr. Sarnoff is lovely and will sit and talk to you and explain anything you have concerns about. Given my history I often call at the last minute to have her look
Have you seen Dr. Deborah Sarnoff, MD?
Are you Dr. Sarnoff?