Dr. Deborah Ekery, MD

Dr. Deborah Ekery, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Deborah Ekery, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. She is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Ekery is affiliated with Seton Northwest Hospital, Seton Medical Center Austin, University Medical Center at Brackenridge, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David's Medical Center.

Austin Heart, PA.

3801 N Lamar Blvd Ste 300

Austin, TX 78756

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Ekery

Video

Dr. Ekery's Experience

Dr. Ekery's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology
  • Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease

This content was provided by Dr. Ekery "Austin Heart ; Mission "To provide exceptional cardiac and vascular care to every patient every day with a spirit of warmth, friendliness and personal pride." Austin Heart ; Values I C A R E...Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence"

• Cardiology

• Cardiopulmonary Conditions
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent

• Massachusetts General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Boston University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

• Diastolic Dysfunction after Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: A Frequent Finding of Clinical Significance not Influenced by Intravenous Calcium,

Dr. Ekery does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ekery and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Heart Hospital of Austin

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Cardiac Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Ekery is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Ekery's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ekery to family and friends
Dr. Ekery's Performance
Hallettsville, TX |
Friendly, personable,
Austin, TX |
She is a very good listener and examined very thoroughly. Bedside manner is excellent. Plan of care was explained very well. The professionalism was impeccable and I am glad to have a caring physician with great compassion and empathy.
in Austin, TX |
This was my first visit to see Dr. Ekery, and I was very impressed with not only her skill and expertise as a physician but also with her genuineness as a person. She is kind, courteous, thorough, and listened intently to and answered fully all of my questions. I am very confident in her abilities as a cardiologist and am grateful to have found her.
in Austin, TX |
First, most doctors I see usually have me waiting in the exam rooms for much longer than in the public waiting rooms, but if Dr. Ekery does it, she is very apologetic. And I have confidence in her staff to get all details out of the way that they can first. Second, she listens very patiently while I stutter around with my questions or my answers to her questions. Third, she will explain - again, patiently - what is going to happen, what she was looking for, and what she found out from tests.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ekery is simply the best. I feel so blessed to have become a patient of hers and of Austin Heart's many years ago. It takes less than a minute to realize Dr. Ekery is incredibly knowledgable and totally at ease and on top of everything to do with possible maladies and potential treatments.. But her calm and professional geniality make for the perfect combination to keep me and my trust level at 100% regardless of the situation. I am lucky almost beyond words to have her in my corner.
in Schulenburg, TX |
Dr Ekery is a very professional, compassionate, thorough, and attentive doctor. She actually listens to your concerns.
in Austin, TX |
Absolutely I would recommend Dr. Ekery. She is very professional, and while I haven't needed emergency care, she's definitely at the right facility.
in Georgetown, TX |
I am always delighted with every visit with Dr. Eckery. She is very thorough in her examination of my condition and exhibits great concern trgarding my health.. If I have any symptoms to report to her, she makes certain to refer me for further tests to find the cause of my symptoms. I could never ask for a better heart doctor, and I appreciare her very much for the care she gives me.
Round Rock, TX |
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ekery is very through and takes her time to go over all relevant information for my situation. She is an excellent listener and this is so important. I feel very comfortable having Dr. Ekery as my cardiologist and recommend her highy.
Austin, TX |
Very caring and attentive. It was my first appointment, and Dr. Ekery took time to get to know me and my medical history.
in Lago Vista, TX |
Dr Ekery has been my cardiologist for the past eight years. I was first impressed and grateful when she detected a small aortic aneurysm even after a number of medical tests and other examiners had failed to do so. She has been following this condition on a semi annual basis ever since with absolutely excellent care and treatment. I am totally confident that I am under the best possible care.
in Round Rock, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Ekery for more than a decade. She understands my family history, reviews various tests and recommends new ones that I might need as a preventative tool. Her Q+A with me good fast beyond the basic "how are you feeling." I have the utmost resurrect for her and her experience!
Austin, TX |
Dr. Ekery has been my cardiologist for many years. She is very thorough, calm, and knowledgeable. I have never felt rushed or brushed aside. I also have never had a problem scheduling an appointment or having my phone calls returned. I would highly recommend Dr. Ekery (and the Heart Hospital) to all.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Ekery is a warm, friendly, smiling, and very capable physician. Her appointments are almost always on time. I think she appreciates patients who arrive ready to ask questions, and who are genuinely trying to help themselves, with her help and advice. She is thorough, thoughtful, and after asking a number of questions of the patient, provides time for the patient to ask other questions of concern. And, I trust her advice and judgment.
in austin TX |
Very good Doc. Trust her opinion and diagnosis. Have recommended her to several folks.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Ekery is always on time. Very understanding doctor. She reviews my file thoroughly and answers all my questions.
in Austin, TX |
she was easy to talk to, and answered my questions. I am very pleased to have her as my general cardiologist.
in Austin, TX |
I tell everyone "If you ever need a great cardiologist, I recommend Dr Ekery". She takes her time, listens carefully and discusses the options in detail. My husband was her patient 1st, so when it came time for an evaluation, I didn't hesitate to become her patient too. Everyone at Austin Heart is an asset. After my husbands stay we can truly say the care & facility is 5 star.
Georgetown, TX |
Dr. Ekery came highly recommended from a top physician in the field who does not practice in Texas. I feel she is very knowledgeable and takes interest in me as a patient and person. I respect her advice and she is helpful answering questions.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Ekery is very competent. She looks at you whole body as a function of your heart. That is, she doesn't have a tunnel vision about her specialty that I have encountered with other specialist. e.g. She identified a kidney issue and personally called my primary care Dr. I can't recommend her highly enough.
in Elgin, TX |
Dr. Ekery is a very knowledgeable person and communicates well.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Ekery is a wonderful & carrying physician. She enjoys helping you, and she listens with Deep respect. I do not think you could go To a more successful doctor.
in Giddings, TX |
She is a take charge type of Doctor, able to make quick decisions based on questioning you and checking on the analysis of tests which have been performed. A good listener and ready to answer you questions. A very nice person that you can feel 100% comfortable with.
in Cedar Creek, TX |
she is the best heart doctor ever, great personality. listens, listens .listens, then is so helpful with her recommendations . I am so glad she is in my life.
Austin, TX |
Dr Ekery's examination was very thorough; she is not only caring, but intellectually curious. I have confidence in her recommendations.
Have you seen Dr. Deborah Ekery, MD?
Are you Dr. Ekery?

Visit Dr. Ekery

Dr. Ekery accepts 5 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Austin, TX 78701
Seton Northwest Hospital
11113 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78759

More Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Ekery at Austin Heart, PA.

Interventional Cardiology Specialist