Dr. Debdut Biswas, MD

Dr. Debdut Biswas, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 35 years old

11 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Biswas' mission is to provide compassionate, world-class hand and upper extremity care that would be available at any of the nation's leading hand centers.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Biswas' Experience

See how Dr. Biswas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Biswas

Dr. Biswas accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Biswas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Biswas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Biswas to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Biswas
Dr. Biswas' Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (11)
in Shorewood, IL |
I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Biswas and his staff. I always felt very informed and as though I was in good hands. My wrist is back to normal and I'm very satisfied with the outcome!
in Hinsdale |
Dr Biswas is an excellent surgeon. My 14 year old son fractured his wrist requiring surgery. Dr Biswas did a great job explaining the procedure and he took the time to answer his questions and reassure him. He had an excellent outcome and I would highly recommend Dr Biswas.
Hazel Crest, IL |
after unexpected fall and having fracture in my forearm, Dr. Biswas had to operate on me. the fracture was one of the worst but the outcome was excellent, I have progressed fast with therapy as well. I was assigned to him before I get to know him and I am glad that happened. He has good bedside manners and answered my questions very professionally
in Hinsdale, IL |
As a physician who uses his hands to perform procedures, I am extremely grateful to Dr. Biswas and his staff for their care after I sustained a hand injury. His expertise allowed me to recover with full range of motion and without limitation.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Biswas was very patient from beginning to end and explained every procedure thoroughly. I was able to get an appointment the same day I called and scheduled surgery right away. Although I was very afraid of getting surgery, he was able to ease the nerves. I noticed his calmness and intellect made me feel more confident in him, so in return I he had my entire trust. I'd recommend him highly to anyone who breaks a hand, arm, finger, etc... He is great!!!
Darien, IL |
Exceptional Care with a wonderful outcome!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Biswas is a very upstanding surgeon, who thoroughly discusses all of your treatment options with you. His staff is great and responds in a timely manner.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
I was involved in a high speed MVA and had a very severely injured wrist. I cannot begin to explain how lucky I felt that I had Dr. Biswas as my surgeon. He was unbelievably empathetic and responsive. I had an office visit a couple days after a complicated surgery and he accompanied me to the occupational therapy department at Hinsdale Orthopedic to get me seen for a post surgical splint. I have since referred him to a friend's mother who has had surgery and been overwhelmingly happy.
in Hinsdale, IL |
We visited HInsdale Orthopaedics for a hand and wrist consultation. Dr. Biswas was not the intended physician, but we saw him. He suggested an MRI, which we scheduled. In the 3 weeks subsequent to that exam, Dr. Biswas has not advised us of the results. We canceled 2 meetings due to health issues, hoping Dr. Biswas would call. 3 times his assistant promised he would call us, he never did. We followed up-nothing. His lack of empathy for a seriously ill, stressed out patient is astounding.
Have you seen Dr. Debdut Biswas, MD?
Are you Dr. Biswas?

Dr. Biswas says...

A native of Northeast Ohio, Dr. Biswas earned his medical degree and a master of health science at Yale University School of Medicine in Connecticut. Under the direction of internationally recognized experts in musculoskeletal surgery, he completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. He pursued further subspecialty fellowship training in hand and microvascular surgery at University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington, one of the most highly regarded centers for hand disorders and upper extremity trauma.

Dr. Biswas' Care Philosophy

Dr. Biswas says...

Dr. Biswas' practice is focused on treatment of disorders and injuries affecting the hand, wrist and elbow. He is interested in the management of complex distal radius fractures and post-traumatic elbow stiffness. He is extensively trained in the latest techniques of wrist arthroscopy and microvascular surgery, including peripheral nerve reconstruction and microsurgical replantation for hand and digit amputations.

Dr. Biswas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Arthritis of the Wrist
  • Hand Pain
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Wrist
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

Graduated in 2004

• Other Education
    Yale University

Completed in 2008

Dr. Biswas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Biswas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery