Dr. Dean Trigg, MD

Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) •  Male • Age 49

Dr. Trigg

Kids ENT of Indiana

11590 N Meridian St Carmel, IN 46032

Dr. Dean Trigg, MD is a Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Carmel, IN and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Trigg has more experience with Sleep-disordered Breathing than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago medical school in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities Ascension St. Vincent Hospital - Indianapolis and Indiana University Health North Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Trigg to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

See similar Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in Carmel

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Trigg accepts

Dr. Trigg accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-IN PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep-disordered Breathing specialists.

Typically treats 87% more than similar doctors

• Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure

Dr. Trigg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Trigg

3.1

Dr. Trigg?
My son saw Dr Trigg on 04/23/20. We were in and out of his office within 15 mins as he deemed my son needed surgery. I did not feel his quick look in my sons ear was sufficient and got a second opinion at Riley where my sons foreign object was removed within a 30 minute visit and did not have to use any form of sedation. Fast forward to July when I receive a bill for an incorrect CPT being billed as a new patient for Dr Trigg, I called on the 9th and asked this be corrected to insurance which was not done as today I receive a text from his “biller” who threatens me with collections. 1st I never authorized any text. 2nd I kindly asked a corrected claim be sent as this is negligence on the billers part as I am a certified medical coder and know what CPT should be billed as I was at the appointment with me child. 3rd DO NOT go to this office if you just want to throw your money away and be treated by rude people.
Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
Doctor is fine. Staff were terrible. Price is ridiculous. And we are literally threatened that if we don't pay they'll refuse to see my child again.
Jim – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
Took my son to him for ear tubes. He explained everything in detail, answered all my questions. We got an appt very quickly and also the surgery date very quickly. Others at his office are also very nice and helpful.
Fatma – Jun 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
Dr Trigg has taken care of our child since birth. Our child was a micro-preemie. He had a trach and more recently a broken nose. Dr. Trigg does an excellent job. We wouldn't take our son, now 10 years old, to anyone else.
Lane – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
I took my (at the time) 5 year old to see Dr. Trigg because of his large tonsils. His snoring was getting worse and he would stop breathing on and off throughout the night. Dr. Trigg was highly recommended by my son's pediatrician, and I was informed upfront that Dr. Trigg was highly skilled, very informative - just without all the fluff. I want someone who's good at their craft, I don't need someone to entertain me at their office, so that was fine with me. What I found was everyone at Dr. Trigg's office was very friendly, including Dr. Trigg himself. He heard my concerns, decided the best first step would be to make sure allergies weren't playing a part in the issue, and reevaluate in two months. He was reevaluated today, and scheduled for surgery in a couple of months. I'm happy with the care we've received so far and wouldn't change a thing.
Stephanie – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
Horrible. I left feeling that he didn't believe what I was saying and that I was overreacting as a mother. My child was having very bad sleep apnea, and I would have to remove his pillow and turn him on his side. He was even urinating in his sleep. Our 2nd opinion took his tonsils out and we haven't had a problem since. I WOULD NEVER recommend Dr. Trigg to any other mother.
Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
Excellent care! Took time to listen, was great with my son, and wonderful results!! Recommend highly!
Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
We went to Dr. Trigg for evaluation of my daughters tongue tie. He spent little time actually assessing her mouth than giving us a spiel about overdiagnosis of ties. He was arrogant. In my gut I knew not to trust him. He spent a good 5 minutes telling us formula is fine to give babies (I know this! And didn’t come to an ENT to hear it in my early struggles with breastfeeding I took it as a tip from a doctor that it’s ok to give up on breastfeeding!) in the end got my daughters tongue evaluated by the right people—glad he didn’t cut it in the end because I’m sure he lacked the experience anyways.
Jul 11, 2019
Apologize that your experience didn't meet your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
My experience was great and I absolutely recommend. Wasn’t wasn’t sure what to expect-looked like people either loved or hated him. As soon as Dr. Trigg walked in it was straight to business- no fluff, but at the end of the apt he was being very relatable and friendly. I love how he spoke/treated my son. He listened/addressed all of my concerns, he was intelligent, thorough, direct/clear, and reassuring. I left the office, with no other questions, 100% informed, and very happy with my sons care.
Katie – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
My son has seen Dr. Trigg for two years. We tried everything that he told us to for over a year. We were told that he would do surgery at the next appointment if things hadn't changed. Things didn't change, but Trigg acted like I was lying about my sons condition because a TWO year old wouldn't sleep during a sleep study because of all the wires so they couldn't get a good study. We switched providers and are now getting my son the care he needs. He also never acknowledged my child, the PT.
May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
We switched to Dr. Trigg after having a poor experience with another ENT. We could not be any happier with our choice. Dr. Trigg is extremely trustworthy, he will tell you what you need to hear, not always what you want to hear. He's a doctor that take control with confidence, yet makes you feel like you are part of the process.
Angie B in McCordsville – Jun 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
I wouldn't give him one star if that was an option. Both my husband and I have taken our son on separate follow up appointments and I would agree 100% and more with all of the poor reviews! He is arrogant, rude, irritated by questions, condescending with his responses and curt. I've had to call him on the after hours care line and I felt like I was bothering him and like he was put out by my call. We WILL NEVER RECOMMEND him & my son will go Elsewhere! No bedside manners, he doesn't CARE!
Deana in Gosport, IN – Sep 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
My daughter was referred to Dr. Trigg's office because of recurring tonsil infections. I was so pleased with the front office staff and even made a comment to my husband about how friendly and helpful everyone seemed to be. However, our visit quickly turned sour when she was seen by Dr. Trigg. He was very dismissive of my concerns and seemed annoyed when I asked questions. I left the office with absolutely no answers. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Trigg to anyone.
MKMM in Terre Haute, IN – Sep 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
He was great, I left there trusting him, which is (in my opinion) the most important thing. Past reviews I read made me a little worried about his bedside manner, but he was absolutely fabulous with my 4 year old. She's not comfortable with everyone, but he was so nice and age appropriate with her (let her see how his equipment worked, asked her little questions about herself etc). He spoke very direct and to the point with me as well. Most definitely recommend him.
Freimanis in Indianapolis, IN – Aug 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
We went to see if my daughter needed tubes. His exam of her was very quick, lasting only a couple minutes. I asked about anesthesia risk and explained that during my C-section, I had a reaction that paralyzed my lungs and she and I both stopped breathing, so I have a HUGE fear of anesthesia. Even talking about it made me tear up a bit. He rolled his eyes at me and was very curt and dismissive with his response. No way is he touching my child.
DeAnna P. in Indianapolis, IN – Jun 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
My son was 2months old when we went to see doctor Trigg. His nap study showed a sever upper airway obstruction and we were immediately sent to Dr. Trigg with an urgent referral. Once we got back into the exam room Dr. Trigg immediately blew me and all of my concerns off! Dr.Trigg seemed very uninterested and bored. His exam was less then 5mins long he actually rolled his eyes at me during our visit! My son was hospitalized less then 2weeks later after this visit!! Id never recommend this doctor.
Rachel in Kokomo, IN – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?
I have not experienced Dr. Trigg in person, as my children see Dr. Haymaker, but I did experience him over the phone when he was on-call. He was not at all nice. His tone was more rude than anything. When I did not understand what he was saying, he got curt and frustrated with his answers. He was not sympathetic, and, instead of answering my questions and making me feel better about my child's situation, he made me get upset, cry, and feel much worse. I would NOT recommend him.
Apr 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Trigg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Trigg?

• Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat