Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD

Adult Psychiatry •  Male • Age 49

Dr. Priest Jr

Present Day Health, P.A., Lowell, AR

213 W Monroe Ave Ste K Lowell, AR 72745

Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD is an adult psychiatry specialist in Lowell, AR and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences in 1998 and specializes in adult psychiatry and child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Priest Jr accepts

Dr. Priest Jr accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Qualchoice
Qualchoice PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arkansas

Check Dr. Priest Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Priest Jr's Top Procedures and Conditions

ADHD and-or ADD

Dr. Priest Jr treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 53% of his peers

Dr. Priest Jr treats this condition more than 53% of his peers

Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence

Dr. Priest Jr treats Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence more than 50% of his peers

Dr. Priest Jr treats this condition more than 50% of his peers

Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Priest Jr treats Major Depressive Disorder more than 49% of his peers

Dr. Priest Jr treats this condition more than 49% of his peers

Dr. Priest Jr's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

2.6

Dr. Priest Jr?
Dr. Priest Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD
I don't know why there are bad reviews on here but, Dr Priest is the sweetest man. He really listens and is very direct in his feedback and communication. He's great at answering questions and being nonjudgemental. He's the first psychiatrist I've trusted and really enjoyed in 10 years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
I have utilized different forms of therapy over 20 year and I have to say my visit was a positive one. I’m unclear as to why there are so many negative reviews. I feel as though he is a clear and direct communicator which in my opinion is very valuable in psychiatry. ESPECIALLY with adults. I felt nothing but respect and understanding coming from his side of the room. It’s possible that if you’re a drug seeker he may see through your attempts but as far as quality treatment this seems to be the place to be. I feel that if you come with a genuine want to improve your mental health he is an asset in your favor. Very knowledgeable and evaluated my situation from multiple angles. Absolutely would recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
At first he was ok. But as time went on, I noticed he was very arrogant and moody. He asked me how things were going and why I felt depressed. I shared. He spoke to me so rudely, he made me, an adult woman, cry. He blamed me for my “depression.” Claimed it was all my fault and then said I wasn’t depressed and told me he would see me next time. There won’t be a next time. He was also arrogantly rude to my husband at one appointment that my husband was able to make it to. He needs mood stabilizers
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
trust me. Just read all the other one star reviews. I agree with all of them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
I have found Dr. Priest a very competent and professional individual. His assistance in treating my depression and other psychiatric issues has been extremely helpful. I highly recommend him to those individuals who can be assisted by medications for accurate dignosis and treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
Very poor practioner! My husband saw him and he actually said “ADD is good for some jobs.” Seriously? We wanted his opinion on ADD and meds and the long term effects. He refused to answer. And asked me (his wife) to leave the room. My husbands asked for me to stay and he said no. He said she can come back at the end, then he ended the session without my input which my husband wanted him to have. What an uncaring MD. Also seemed very uncomfortable with a solid strong married couple.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
I think Dr. Priest has good knowledge about psychiatry, but he has little knowledge of people that experience chronic, debilitating pain. He cannot differentiate between the two. I have chronic back pain and depression, mostly because of the way my back and nerve pain makes me feel and because I am very limited in what I can do. Dr. Priest made me cry when I saw him because he made me feel terrible because I did not want to be put on Seroquel because I knew my depression was from pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
I just returned from an appointment with Dr. Priest, he made me cry because he accused me of lying to him because I'm wanting to start TMS therapy with another doctor. He made me feel like a child that was lying to an adult rather than a patient with real suicidal thoughts and plans. I explained to him why I was seeking the TMS treatments because the medication isn't preventing my suicidal thoughts and I didn't think that seeing another doctor for therapy was a problem. He's very uncaring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
Another horrible person in the world. I have chronic anxiety and depression, and went to a psychiatrist for the last time after this nut case, who prescribed someone with anxiety abilify and it gave me more anxiety along with irregular heart beating panic attacks in my dreams etc. Then, without even seeing me he tried to put me on yet another anti deprsant. He went crazy on the phone when I called him by his first name, yelled at me saying that I am not a professional and I said yeah I know...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?
Pleasant experience. Took the time to listen and understand my worries and needs as well as giving me a diagnosis that he explained in a way I could easily understand. He went over various medications and treatment options i could do and even gave me his email to follow up with him whenever. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Priest Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Priest Jr?

• Adult Psychiatry