Dr. Dean Pahr, DO

Dr. Dean Pahr, DO

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Dean Pahr, DO is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Mentor, OH. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

9485 Mentor Ave Ste 200

Mentor, OH 44060

Learn about Dr. Pahr

See how frequently Dr. Pahr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fibromyalgia
Chronic Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Pahr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Des Moines Univ Coll Of Osteo Med & Surg
    Medical School | Graduated 1990

Dr. Pahr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pahr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pahr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pahr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pahr to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Pahr's Performance
in Cleveland, OH |
In the current environment with respect to pain management, Dr. Pahr has a very difficult job to do. Somehow he manages to do so with care, fairness and integrity. He is consistent and does follow guidelines with everyone, which is refreshing. I am pleased to see that everyone has to go through scrutiny before being trusted with very strong medicine. Thank you Dr. Pahr. Not because you've given me an over abundance of medicine, but you've helped life, for me, to be more functional.
Willoughby, OH |
Doctor and staff lack compassion. Ignorant regarding my illness. Not interested in getting to know the patient to educate himself as to what exactly is going on. His treatment plans seem to be random and what works best for him. Am not sure what is motivating this person to practice medicine.
Philadelphia, PA |
Always treats me with respect and I truly believe that he cares about all clients.. great doctor!
in Rockcreek |
Awful. I do not recommend him. He's not interested in helping your pain. He's interested in having as many patients as possible. So he will cut your script down even when you say your in pain. He wrote a script saying 1 every 12 hours but the script was only for 30. Previous to that I was on 3 a day. It seems as though he is incapable of doing math.
in Mentor, OH |
Dr.Pahr is the best pain management doctor! He really listens and seems to genuinely care, he is strict but I think that is a really good thing and I wish his staff was 1/5 as decent. Most (not all) of them are rude, they cut you off and don't listen. I'm sad to be leaving him because he really is a great doctor but after 4+years of being given a hard time by his staff I have had enough, I don't have insurance and therefore am self-pay, I spend way too much money to be treated awful by them.
in Mentor, OH |
I went to Dr. Pahr because two people I knew said he was good (they were both women). I was already on Norco and other things when he accepted me as a patient. I had to get my script every 15 days rather than getting scripts for 3 months at a time. Every time I went in I told him the 10 mg 3 times a day was not enough. When I told him I was drinking to help with the pain, he cut me back to only 2 a day! I also had to get refills every 10 days! When pot showed up in my screen, he dropped me ! SOB
in Mentor, OH |
Ive been seeing Dr, Pahr for about 6yrs now, Hes understanding, caring, and yes he does take the time to listen and ,answer your questions.He is fabulous in my book, theres no better doctor out there.
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr Pahr does care about patients pain. He limits medications to see more patients and just does not care if you are experiencing pain where suicide is in your thoughts because the pain is so great. If you are in great pain do not see him!!!!!!!
mentor, ohio |
my pain management doctor stopped taking my insurance so I made appointment with Dr Pahr. My previous doctor faxed my infor to him. Dr. Pahr would not even see me. stated that I was on too high of pain medicine. Told Pahr that he could decrease it as he was the doctor however he refused to see me even though I was there for an appointment.
painesville ohio |
I am a long term patient of Dr Phar he is an excellent doctor in his staff are awesome as well they answer any questions you have they help you they talk to you and he's just an awesome Dr he cares about your concerns your questions and with the whole pain management he really helps I couldn't see myself going anywhere else
New York, NY |
Dr. Pahr is an excellent caring physician who was recommended by my family doctor. After becoming a patient of Dr Pahr's, I have found significant pain relief for multiple issues. I wish his office staff would/could live up to his standard. I would definitely recommend Dr. Pahr to friends and family. I would, however, warn them that his office staff is NOT as caring or committed to patient comfort as this doctor.
in mentor |
He's cares ...He honestly lets you talk and than comforts you as well..No matter what questions or concerns you have ...hes there. with quality work and excellent doctor form he has it than some..Best doctor ever !!!!***
Have you seen Dr. Dean Pahr, DO?
Are you Dr. Pahr?