Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD

Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD

Orthopedic Hip Surgery  |
Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD is an orthopedic hip surgery doctor who practices in Marina Del Rey, CA. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

13160 Mindanao Way Ste 325

Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Learn about Dr. Matsuda

See how frequently Dr. Matsuda performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Arthroscopy

Dr. Matsuda's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hip Surgery

• Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Hip Arthroscopy
  • Hip Surgery
  • Osteotomy
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, Irvine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Harbor UCLA Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Harbor UCLA Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Matsuda has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Matsuda does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Matsuda and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Matsuda's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Matsuda to family and friends
Dr. Matsuda's Performance
in Chico, CA |
I cannot say enough about how happy I am about my experience with Dr. Dean Matsuda. I'm now 3 months out from a double hip arthroscopy, and I rode my horse for the first time with absolutely NO pain. This is life changing, as I had severe pain before. Not only that, the care and time that Dr. Matsuda takes to explain the surgery and procedures to you are invaluable. Dr. Matsuda spotted a large cyst in my right hip, and was also able to remove the cyst and do a bone graft. EXCELLENT!!!!!
in Mammoth Lakes, CA |
I am 14 years old and after a year of hip pain, Dr. Matsuda repaired my labrum and removed my impingements. The whole team at DISC was amazing. Not only is Dr. Matsuda a skilled surgeon, but he is also very caring and nice. It is now 11 weeks post-op, I am feeling better than I have in a year. Instead of my hip progressively worsening, I am getting better and stronger each day. I am so happy that I got the surgery, and I am thankful to have had this surgery with Dr. Matsuda.
in Santa Monica, CA |
I had right hip surgery in Sept of 2016 with Dr. Dean Matsuda for Labral repair and femoroplasty form a 6 year old football injury. 4 months later, I feel great. I am back to work as a Firefighter with no restrictions. Everyone at DISC, the surgery center, and Dr. Matsuda helped me feel at ease during the entire process. He was readily available if I had any questions or concerns pre and post surgery. He genuinely cares and takes immense pride in his work. I highly recommend him.
in La Canada, CA |
My daughter (14 years old) had hip arthroscopy by Dr. Matsuda 6 weeks ago. He diagnosed her with CAM impingement and some Pincer impingement. She had damages to her joint cartilage and labrum. Dr. Matsuda fixed her problems. She is recovering well, can walk short distance without crutches now. Before she could not even walk without pain. Dr. Matsuda was very friendly and patient, took time to answer all our questions, has great bedside manners. Dr. Matsuda is a great and skillful doctor!
in Torrance, CA |
I am so lucky to have found Dr. Matsuda. He is an EXCELLENT surgeon first and foremost but he also has superb bedside manner. So far everything has gone smoothly for me and I highly recommend him to anyone seeking hip arthroscopy.
Have you seen Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?
Are you Dr. Matsuda?