Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD

Hip & Knee OrthopedicsMaleAge 62

Dr. Matsuda

DISC Sports & Spine Center., Marina del Rey, CA

13160 Mindanao Way Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD is a Orthopedic Hip & Knee Surgery Specialist in Marina Del Rey, CA and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine medical school in 1984. He is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Matsuda to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Hip & Knee Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Matsuda with our nearby Orthopedic Hip & Knee Surgery Specialists at UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center.

Dr. Matsuda's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Matsuda

Dr. Matsuda

Dean gave me my life back. I have a rare bone deformity in both hips which tore both hip cartilage and caused impingements; Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI). I am grateful beyond words to have been referred to Dr. Dean Matsuda; one of three docs in the country to fix my cartilage and shave the bones down arthroscopically. Dean patented the machine that shaves the bone down and he travels the world teaching his gifted skill. My right hip has a cadaver that was graphed into the torn cartilage. I couldn't sit more than 10 minutes with bone rubbing on bone. Both hip surgeries went exceptionally well because of Dean knowledge & exceptional expertise. Dean gives old fashioned caring service. Appointments with Dean are mind blowing they are so through. Deans bedside manner are gentle and true caring. You can email him day or night and he will answer. No question is too much or silly. Dean also calls the day of surgery himself to follow up. Dr Matsuda is the best physician & surgeon
Celia Margison – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?
I had simultaneous bilateral hip arthroscopy with Dr. Matsuda about 8 months ago. I am happy to report I have never felt better! Dr. Matsuda and his staff are truly amazing. Dr. Matsuda sat with me and answered all of my extensive questions had about the surgery. If you have a torn labrum(s) Dr. Matsuda is who you must see. There are surgeons out there who can treat your issue but you must go to a doctor who is an expert in this field. The pain in my right hip began about 10 years ago. It progre
Cristina Wheeler in Nashville, TN – Sep 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?
I cannot say enough about how happy I am about my experience with Dr. Dean Matsuda. I'm now 3 months out from a double hip arthroscopy, and I rode my horse for the first time with absolutely NO pain. This is life changing, as I had severe pain before. Not only that, the care and time that Dr. Matsuda takes to explain the surgery and procedures to you are invaluable. Dr. Matsuda spotted a large cyst in my right hip, and was also able to remove the cyst and do a bone graft. EXCELLENT!!!!!
Dina Zaphiris in Chico, CA – Sep 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?
I am 14 years old and after a year of hip pain, Dr. Matsuda repaired my labrum and removed my impingements. The whole team at DISC was amazing. Not only is Dr. Matsuda a skilled surgeon, but he is also very caring and nice. It is now 11 weeks post-op, I am feeling better than I have in a year. Instead of my hip progressively worsening, I am getting better and stronger each day. I am so happy that I got the surgery, and I am thankful to have had this surgery with Dr. Matsuda.
Sophia in Mammoth Lakes, CA – Jul 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?
I had right hip surgery in Sept of 2016 with Dr. Dean Matsuda for Labral repair and femoroplasty form a 6 year old football injury. 4 months later, I feel great. I am back to work as a Firefighter with no restrictions. Everyone at DISC, the surgery center, and Dr. Matsuda helped me feel at ease during the entire process. He was readily available if I had any questions or concerns pre and post surgery. He genuinely cares and takes immense pride in his work. I highly recommend him.
Jason in Santa Monica, CA – Jan 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?
My daughter (14 years old) had hip arthroscopy by Dr. Matsuda 6 weeks ago. He diagnosed her with CAM impingement and some Pincer impingement. She had damages to her joint cartilage and labrum. Dr. Matsuda fixed her problems. She is recovering well, can walk short distance without crutches now. Before she could not even walk without pain. Dr. Matsuda was very friendly and patient, took time to answer all our questions, has great bedside manners. Dr. Matsuda is a great and skillful doctor!
Xia in La Canada, CA – Jan 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?
I am so lucky to have found Dr. Matsuda. He is an EXCELLENT surgeon first and foremost but he also has superb bedside manner. So far everything has gone smoothly for me and I highly recommend him to anyone seeking hip arthroscopy.
  • Long wait times
Natalie in Torrance, CA – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Matsuda, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Matsuda?
Provider explaining information to patient