Dr. Dean Lin, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Lin

Dr. Dean Lin, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Fort Myers, FL and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Lin accepts

Dr. Lin accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
BlueDental Choice

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Lin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Lin performs Herniated Disc Surgery more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Lin performs this procedure more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion
Spondylosis

Dr. Lin treats Spondylosis more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Lin treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Lin performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Lin performs this procedure more than 93% of his peers

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

4.4

Dr. Lin?
Dr. Lin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dean Lin, MD
After years of chronic sciatic pain and ultimately unable to walk, I was referred by my Pain Mgt doctor to Dr Dean Lin. Dr Lin performed a fusion on my L5. My recovery was amazing and I can now, walk, golf, dance and ride my bike again. Dr Lin gave me my life back. His staff is very professional and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I had developed severe stenosis and a "slipped disc" in my back making it very difficult to walk. Dr. Lin reviewed my case and said he could help me with surgery. It went very well and I feel better now than I have for years and can now walk with no pain. Dr. Lin is a skilled caring surgeon who I would recommend with no hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I was diagnosed with a spinal vertebrae displacement that created a severe stenosis of the spinal cord and nerves. I couldn’t walk more than 30 feet without resting; the pain was unbearable even in bed. I can’t thank Dr. Lin enough for what the outstanding care he gave me and for his very friendly attitude every time we met. He gave me my life back after 8 months of pain and suffering, I’ll be very grateful to him for ever. A special thank to his assistant Mr. Wong San and to everyone at the o
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
My experience with Dean Lin, MD PHD @ Lee Neurosurgery was AMAZING! The staff was professional, Knowledgable and patient. They answered all my questions, sincerely. They were available on my chart. And answered my questions and request , before the time allotment. Also, excellent , caring bedside manor . He gets you on your feet again !!! Thank you Candice Fogle
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I was having very bad hip pain and my MRI showed stenosis of the L4-L5 nerve. Dr Lin had looked at my MRI and when he came in he asked me where my pain was. I showed him where my hip was hurting. He asked if I had pain down my legs. I said no and he said I can't help you and walked out. I went to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and the performed the surgery which freed up the nerve and alleviated the hip pain. I agree with the other review that Dr Lin was uncaring and rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I went to see Dr Lin two different occasions. The second time I came back he asked me why I was there. I have spinal stenosis and bulging and herniated discs also. He told me if I was not there for my sciatic nerve surgery he could not help me. He is uncaring and rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I went to Dr. Lin after years of back pain. My life had become severely impacted and I was very discouraged. He was able to identify the source of the problem and explain clearly why my pain had gotten so much worse. He did a spinal fusion with the assistance of a wonderful vascular surgeon, Dr. Moss, and I have been pleased with the whole experience. I am currently in recovery and already feeling much, much better. Dr. Lin has given me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I went to Dr Lin after visiting another physician whom was not able to diagnose my condition accurately. Dr Lin made an accurate diagnosis immediately and eventually surgery to fuse C1 and c2 was the only treatment to get me out of pain. Dr Lin performed the surgery and it was a complete success. After 1 year and 3 months I am able to lead a normal life now with no pain. I’m forever indebted to Dr Lin. I feel he saved my life. I would. Recommend Dr. Lin and his staff to anyone who needs i
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I was always afraid to have back surgery until it became apparent that I had no other choice. Dr Lin performed back surgery on me 4 1/2 yrs ago. Once I healed, I felt like a new person. It was the first time in over 30 Yrs that I was free of back,pain. He is a. very caring and excellent surgeon. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I waited most of day to speak to some one about an appointment. After speaking with the new patient line (at 4 PM) they transferred me to the office and guess what? the office staff left for the day. Does any body work longer then 4:00 o'clock in Florida anymore? I am in great pain and really wanted to make an appointment with the Doctor. I don't think that is going to happen. Where do I go from here? I haven't met the doctor and I already have a bad feeling about all this.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I suffered with sciatica for 2 years before opting for surgery with Dr Lin. He and his entire staff are professional, caring, and highly skilled. Now, 8 months after Dr Lin performed a L5 S1 fusion, I am pain free and able to live my life to the fullest. Thank you Dr Lin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lin as a doctor. He listened carefully to my concerns and the discomfort I was experiencing with my neck, explained possible options and helped me arrive at a decision which finally brought me relief from the chronic pain. Dr. Lin and his staff were exceptional in getting back to me anytime I had a question while I was recovering after my surgery. Dr. Lin and his staff are not only highly skilled, but they also greet you with a smile and show concern about you .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
Excellent surgeon! He gave me my life back. I had surgery for a herniated disc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I recently had a lateral fusion of L4,L5 performed by Dr. Lin at Gulf Coast to relieve long term severe leg pain and weakness. 7 weeks after surgery, I am totally free of pain and am well on my way to full recovery. I am unable to fully express my appreciation to both Dr. Lin and the hospital staff for the excellent experience I had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I am so pleased and thrilled with Dr. lin and his team that I never imagined I could be feeling this good... after a whole year of misery only because of cowardice… had I but known I would've gone sooner!! I can now walk without a cane walk upright I have absolutely no back pain ... dr. lin has very friendly bedside manner ..listens.. his operation skills are great!! thank you so so much Dr Lin 'you gave me my life back'...thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Lin to anyone in need of neurosurgery. He has a wonderful bedside manner. He listens to your problems and does not rush or have tunnel vision. He has helped me tremendously. If you are in need of Neurosurgery I would suggest you see him before you make any serious decisions. He is # 1 in my book!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Lin with great praise. He answered all my questions pre-op, taking time to make sure I understood everything that was going to happen, to get off my pain pills before surgery so he had something to give me for pain post op, what my spine would go through, what he would be doing, and what to expect when I opened my eyes, including post care for three months after. I had gone in with a pad full of questions and not once did he make me feel like I was taking up his time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
The pain in my back and my right leg was with me for many months. I went chiropractic care, pain management, acupuncture and nothing worked. I was referred to Dr Lin by co-workers. The best thing I did. Dr Lin is a gentleman, takes time to answer questions with answers I could understand. He explained things before, during and after surgery on what to expect. Guess what, I'm now pain free. I have my quality of life back. The tattoo on my back was handled with care during the cut and stitching.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
I met Dr. Lin and staff after issues with my cervical spine. Dr. Lin assisted me in exploring other options other than surgery as I had surgery 11 yrs prior in another state. He is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, kind and not "quick to do surgery". Ultimately I did have to have surgery in July and do not regret it. After months of pain and dimishec tone I was pain free the day after surgery. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Lin to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Lin, MD?
Dr. Lin has given me my life back with a spinal fusion procedure that he explained thoroughly and answered all my questions pertaining to the procedure, recuperative time, and therapy. He is professional, knowledgeable and kind. I have recommended him to some of my friends who had the same or similar issue as I did.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lin?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lin treats patients.

Cape Coral Hospital