Dr. Dean Cestari, MD

Dr. Dean Cestari, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Dean Cestari, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Boston, MA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

243 Charles St

Boston, MA 02114

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Fallon Community Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Cestari

See how frequently Dr. Cestari performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Exotropia
Extraocular Muscle Surgery
Esotropia

Dr. Cestari's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Cestari "Dr. Dean Cestari is a fellowship-trained neuro-ophthalmologist at Mass. Eye and Ear. He treats patients for central nervous system disorders that affect vision."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects

• Extraocular Muscle Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Sackler School Of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Ny Presbyterian Cornell Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • New York Presbyterian/Cornell
  • Ny Presbyterian Cornell Med
  • Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cestari has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cestari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cestari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cestari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cestari to family and friends
Dr. Cestari's Performance
I would highly recommend Dr. Cestari. He is a extremely skilled surgeon. I had surgery for double vision and am so grateful to have single vision again. Dr Cestari is kind, he explains things clearly and answers any questions you may have. He and his staff treat patient's with respect. I have never felt rushed, never felt I did not have their full attention during my appointments, never waited a long amount of time in the waiting room. Dr, Cestari is the best !
in Fall River, MA |
I can’t thank Dr. Cestari enough for correcting my father Luis’ double vision. My father was about to give up hope after being told by four doctors that his double vision could not be corrected. My father left his first appointment with Dr. Cestari being able to see single, with a temporary fix to his glasses, for the first time in almost 2 years. A few months later Dr. Cestari surgically corrected my father’s double vision. We couldn’t be happier with the resuls! Dr. Cestari is amazing!
in Hadley, MA |
Dr. Cestari was wonderful. He answered all of my questions in understandable language. I knew I had the right doctor for my needs after talking with him for 10 minutes. I could go on and on, but I'll just say I was extremely happy with my whole experience.
Anne Hukowicz, thank you so much for your high rating!
in Dover, NH |
For over a year I have had severe double vision from thyroid eye disease, unresponsive to anti-inflammatory drugs. I have been evaluated by Dr. Cestari on 5 occasions--in the Spring for him to suggest the necessary eye muscle surgery, in the Summer for him to assure stability of my condition, in mid-October for him to evaluate me pre-operatively, on October 20 for him to perform day surgery, and on October 24 for him to see me post-operatively.. The surgery has been been completely successful.
Dr. Kraunz - thank you for your kind words and for taking time to share your experience with Dr. Cestari at Mass. Eye and Ear.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Cestari is an amazing doctor. I came to him seeking advice on what I could do about the double vision I was having. I knew that having prism in my glasses was working but I wanted to be able to wear contacts again. The surgery he suggested was perfect for me. He even worked his schedule to fit me in, in time for me to be fully healed and wearing contacts at my wedding! Everything about the way he handled the process leading up to the surgery, the surgery itself, and the appointments after wa
in Foxboro |
I suffered with double vision for years, that is no longer the case thanks to Dr Cestari and his team. I had surgery 12 days ago, and just left my follow up appointment. I found Dr Cestari and his team to be compassionate, caring, and thorough. I would highly recommend Dr Cestari to my family and friends. My experiences have been positive from the start. From Tatiana at the front desk, to the observing students, to the resident Dr's,to Dr. Cestari, I can give to enthusiastic thumbs up!
Chestnut Hill, MA |
Dr. Cestari did an incredible job. I had severe strabismus in my left eye due to a neuro- ophthalmological I had for over 27 years. He corrected my eye muscle to the point where it looks exactly like my other eye. He answered all my questions in the appointments leading up to the surgery and in the follow-up appointments. also has a great bedside manner.
in Warwick, RI |
I have recently had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Dean Cestari at Mass Eye and Ear. I found him to be a gentle communicator, a very passionate physician, a clinician who was willing to take the extra time to teach and guide the patient thru the procedural process, a physician who is accessible to the patient and the family system, and a physician who is so skilled in his area of expertise. During the months prior to and following my surgery Dr. Cestari was patient and kind to me.
Corrine, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Cestari!
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Cestari came highly recommended to me from one of his prior patients. He is passionate about improving his patients' quality of life by fixing their adult strabismus and he is concerned with the welfare of his patients. I am very thankful that he performed my surgery and he and his team were wonderful with handling any and all concerns I had about the procedure. It also helps that he has a wonderful sense of humor.
in Tewksbury, MA |
After 13 Months of suffering with very uncomfortable double vision, Dr Cestari and his staff were able to precicisely diagnose and solve my problem in one visit.
Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Cestari and staff at Massachusetts Eye Ear provided excellent service during pre and post operation, and date of strabismus surgery. Aspects of this service included thorough explanation of each process, attentive staff, all of which built trust, showing a high level of patient care in the overall procedure, helping to understand outcome expectation, treatment and follow up.
Williamstown, MA |
Amazing what he is able to do. Nice manner with patients. I was there for strabismus surgery, and if you are, be prepared that the early visits will be lengthy. The residents, who are very helpful, will take a lot of information and measurements, then he will come in to finalize measurements and decide what the options are. He made the after-surgery adjustment easy. The whole operation is well-run and professional, and everyone is nice.
in Southington, CT |
Dr. Cestari is an excellent Doctor. My daughter has ataxia and with that diagnosis she had double vision. Dr. Cestari was very thorough with both her surgeries. He has an outstanding personality with superlative knowledge in his field. I would highly recommend Dr. Cestari.
in Marshfield, MA |
Dr Cestari was very thorough and informative. My realignment procedure went exceptionally well and I'm very pleased.?
Andover, MA |
It has been a year long journey with double vision that culminated with strabismus surgery on May 26. Throughout this journey Dr Cestari was the thorough professional as many have mentioned plus caring and patient. A month after the surgery, my double vision has gone as the healing process continues, under Dr Cestari's care.
in Spencer, ma |
Thought he was a great surgeon. Went in and out without a problem. Very satisfied with how my eyes came out
in Manchester, NH |
On June 14, 2017 Dr. Cestari preformed surgery on my eyes to correct double vision caused by my graves disease. The surgery was a complete SUCESS, I no longer have to wear prism glasses and I am seeing 20/25.. Dr. Cestari was very professional and explained every detail to me before the surgery. I am so happy to have my eyesight back . I would recommend him to anyone that has double vision he truly is a exceptional and confident Dr.
in Yarmouth, MA |
I had been struggling with double vision for years. Through the years I have seen many specialists to investigate the cause and understand my problem. On my initial visit with Doctor Cestari; he thoroughly listened to my history and examined my eyes. I never felt rushed. After the exam he explained his diagnosis and my treatment options. I had many questions; he respectfully took his time to answer them all. I am relieved and happy with my successful, corrective surgery.
Newton Highlands, MA |
Dr. Cestari is a world class, brilliant surgeon. He can decipher the complex cases and create an approach to your care that few have the skill to deliver. His team and staff are terrific. Yes, you will have to wait for your appointment. Bring a book or a phone charger 'cause the wait is worth ever minute. Dr. Cestari really cares about making your life better.
in Maine |
I've been a patient of Dr. Cestari's for a few years. Although Massachusetts Eye and Ear is many miles from my home, I choose to travel to Boston because I have great confidence in Dr. Cestari. He is highly skilled, knowledgeable, and caring. I feel so fortunate that our local ophthalmologist referred me to Dr. Cestari.
Have you seen Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?

Visit Dr. Cestari