Dr. Dean Cestari, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Cestari

Massachusetts Eye and Ear

243 Charles St Boston, MA 02114

Dr. Dean Cestari, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Sackler School Of Medicine, Tel Aviv University in 1998 and specializes in ophthalmology and neurology.

Dr. Cestari's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cestari

Dr. Cestari?
Dr. Cestari's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dean Cestari, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Cestari performed my strabismus surgery last week I saw him 3 days ago and everything is healing just the way it should . My vision continues to improve. Everyone on the OR staff was courteous, pro-fissionable and focused on me while they were with me. Dr. Cestari ‘s office does have some time management issues that should be addressed. I would certainly recommend him. I did a lot of research and he is the best.
Thank you for your feedback!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr. Cestari was recommended by another neural ophthalmologist as wel as by an optometrist at the VA. From the very first appointment I knew I was in good hands. He and his associates did a very complete workup and from there recommended surgery to alter the negative effects of my double vision. It required two surgeries but my vision is much better.
Thank you for your wonderful feedback!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr Cestari immediately put me at ease regarding my eye issues. After dealing with the disease for over a year he explained the plan and I knew I was in the right place finally! He goes out of his way to explain in laymen’s terms and knows his patients individually. We traveled a long distance for every appointment and he and his staff always accommodated us
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Dean Cestari at Mass Eye & Ear because of his international reputation for being a brilliant eye surgeon with a patient and kind bedside manner. He is everything a doctor should be: a good listener, extremely detailed in his exams and explanations and never in a rush to move on to the next patient. I was diagnosed last year with 4th nerve palsy with no known cause. Suddenly, I could not look at anything more than 5 feet away without double vision. Very, very frustrating. No more skiing or biking. Driving was becoming problematic, even with prism glasses On 5/22/19, Dr. Cestari performed a strabismus/inferior oblique myectomy -- non-suture, one eye only, under general anesthesia. When I woke up in the recovery room I could see with single-vision--the double-vision was gone! No pain, quick surgery and the redness in my eyes is now gone. Two weeks later I am wearing my contact lenses again. I am so grateful for his knowledge and talent!
Your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr Cestari did a wonderful job straightening both of my eyes. Feels wonderful not to patch one eye all the time now. No more double vision. I would highly recommend him.
Thank you for your recommendation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
I’m a 40-year-old who had double vision from lazy eye my entire life. I had my first strabismus surgery in my late teens. That surgery did not completely correct my double vision. Over the last two decades my lazy eye has gotten worse year-over-year. I decided to see Dr Cestari and collect other information. My optometrist and vision therapist warned me that another strabismus surgery would likely not work for me. I decided to go ahead with it and am so very grateful that I did. The surgery went perfectly and my vision coming out of the surgery was amazing. I’ve already had one prior strabismus surgery so knew what to expect for the recovery. What I didn’t expect was my new eyesight. I see single! Now I require zero prism. I see single at all distances. My life has been transformed. Dr Cestari knows this procedure so well. My eyes now line up perfectly. If you are considering Dr Cestari I urge you to do it. Not all strabismus surgeons are equal. Only go with the best—Cestari.
Thank you, the wonderful feedback and rating mean...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr. Cestari was simply amazing. I have struggled with double vision for over 20 years and finally decided to do something about. I was not crazy about having surgery but after visiting with him, he assured me it was the best solution for me as prisms would have been too extensive. I had 2 comprehensive prep visits so I felt as though he was well prepared. There were a couple of surgery options and Dr. Cestari considered thoroughly them and explained them in detail. We went with the least in
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
My mother experienced a stroke in June, 2017. She was experiencing double vision prior to the stroke but the stroke exacerbated her condition. Watching my mother claw her way back to her independent ways was heartbreaking. With lots of hard work from my mom and Dr. Cestari's amazing work, my mother is back to driving and her balance has improved tremendously! Dr. Cestari truly gave my mother her life back and I will be forever grateful to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
It was a year ago that Dr. Cestari performed strabismus surgery on my eyes and I am forever grateful! I was told by other doctors that surgery wouldn't help. Dr Cestari told me otherwise. Before the surgery I was struggling to focus. I would close one eye to read and it was getting difficult to look people in the eye. Now, my eyesight is fine! Dr. Cestari and his team are extremely caring and competent. If you have a similar problem don't hesitate to contact him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Very knowledgeable. Takes his time with you. Answers all questions. A pleasure to deal with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr. Cestari performed strabismus surgery on both eyes on Jan. 2019. Due to Graves Disease my vision was very bad. Dr. Cestari transformed my deformed vision into normal vision, I can look at anybody without tilting my face, my eyes are aligned, I can drive again, read, smile and I am so grateful to Dr. Cestari for giving me back my vision and restore my confidence as well as my independence. What Dr. Cestari did for me was an amazing work of art. He is a Genius, the Best of the Best! Thank yo
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr. Dean Cestari is a miracle worker. After 15 years of struggling with double vision, countless consultations and tests, I was blessed to have found Dr. Cestari. By Dr. Cestari's skilled hands and expertise, I have single vision giving me the absolute best quality of life. Dr. Cestari is a great listener and very accommodating. His caring and kindness shines through in all that he does. He and his team are very thorough, answering many questions in ways I could understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
A stroke exacerbated double vision that I was experiencing after cataract surgery. The double vision was affecting my balance, therefore hindering my overall progress following my stroke. Dr. Cestari performed surgery to correct my double vision and it was a success! Four months following surgery, my vision is normal, my balance has improved and I am back to driving. I can credit Dr. Cestari for giving me my quality of life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
I have had a lifelong condition of strabismus, and became a recent patient of Dr. Cestari . For my entire life, I was told nothing could be done for this condition. After doing research I elected to see Dr. Cestari. His knowledge, professionalism, and caring about his patients put me immediately at ease. The operation took place, and I can honestly say, my life was changed the very next day. I cannot say enough about this good doctor. We need exemplary men like him in the medical field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr. Cestari is amazing. My wife had strabismus as a result of thyroid eye disease. Her eyes were misaligned and she had double vision. Dr Cestari corrected both issues with terrific results. His skill and expertise have given my wife her life back. Words can not express how grateful we are to him and his team. Thank you Dr. Cestari for everything you have done. You are the best! Tim and Sheila Walker
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
Dr. Cestari is amazing, I can't say enough about him. I had had double vision that increased over the course of 5 years. Dr. Cestari operated on me in March of 2017, and he was so precise that I've had no double vision in the time since. He is caring and compassionate, and he outlined very well what to expect, there were no surprises. Presurgery, I had an enormous problem that impacted my life daily, and he fixed it so completely that I mostly forget I ever had the problem. He should be cloned!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
For the past year I’ve had triple vision in the right eye and double vision in the left eye. I’m 4 days post surgery and although there is some blurry in my vision it’s been wonderful just seeing 1 of everything thanks to Dr. Cestari performing strabismus surgery. What he did for me was short of magic. He really knows his stuff I’d recommend him in a heartbeat. He gave me my independence back and the ability to drive again. I’m forever grateful. Thank you is not enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
I had strabismus surgery on both eyes to correct double vision last week. Dr. Cestari and his team were all excellent. During each of the pre-op visits Dr. Cestari precisely measured and documented my deviations and very clearly discussed my options and what he felt would be the best proposed treatment. Dr. Cestari discussed all the risks and benefits of the procedure and what should be expected post-op. My one week follow up was a success. Excellent eye alignment and no double vision!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
I recently had a surgical procedure on both eyes performed by Dr.Cestari. His care and professionalism before, during and after the procedure was exemplary. The surgery was successful and I appreciate that he would not move forward with invasive surgery until he was certain my eyes were stable. I can't say enough about Dr. Cestari and his staff. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dean Cestari, MD?
When I first went to see dr cestari I had double vision from orbital decompression surgery due to thyroid eye disease. I was recommended to dr cestari and glad I was. He got me an urgent appt within days.he explains everything up front i had gone 5 months with double vision and couldn't drive. I was getting very discouraged. There is help for double vision. When I woke up from surgery I could immediately see single vision. I cried happy tears It was very emotional. He gave me a big hug!!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cestari?

Dr. Dean Cestari is a fellowship-trained neuro-ophthalmologist at Mass. Eye and Ear. He treats patients for central nervous system disorders that affect vision.

• Ophthalmology

1998
Sackler School Of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
1998

Dr. Cestari accepts

Dr. Cestari accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Medicaid
MVP Health Care
Network Health

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Cestari's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cestari treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Visual Field Defects

Dr. Cestari treats Visual Field Defects more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Cestari treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Scotoma

• Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Pituitary Gland Cancer
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Retina Diseases
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor