Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD

Emergency Medicine ·  Female · Age 60

Dr. Carroll

Potomac Region Medical Associates

1600 Crystal Square Arc Arlington, VA 22202

Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD is an emergency medicine specialist in Arlington, VA and has been practicing for 32 years. She graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School Of The Medical College Of Hampton Roads in 1985 and specializes in emergency medicine and family medicine.

Dr. Carroll accepts

Dr. Carroll accepts the following insurance:

Select
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Carroll treats your condition or procedure

2.3

Dr. Carroll?
Dr. Carroll's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD
This doctors office is the worse I have seen in 25 years. I have been a patient for over 20+ years and I have never receive such awful service. It is difficult to get anyone to answer the phone and never the less return anyone calls. You can never get your proscription called in to the Pharmency. They do not tear you like patients and they have your health in their best interest your more like “Do you have your copay” to them. Don’t get caught up with there uncaring doctors and staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
I’ve been a patient for a few years and the service level has declined with each appointment. Two doctors have left the practice, one of whom was wonderful. The number of physician assistants is increasing. I want to see a licensed doctor, not an assistant with a prescription pad. It’s become increasingly difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Carroll and the lack of professionalism among the majority of her staff is a problem. It’s definitely time for a change.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
This was my first visit. My annual physical was thorough and I was very pleased with the amount of time Dr. Carroll spent with me. Listening. However, I spent way too much time waiting room. Over an hour. I was pleased that her staff took initiative, approached with an apology for the wait and offered the option to see someone else. I choose to wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
I have been calling the office for 2 weeks to have my antihypertensive refilled. After 1 week I personally went to the office and asked. The receptionist promised to fax the refill Rx the same day. Called my pharmacist 2 days later no medication. My BP was so high the pharmacist gave me 3 pills. The 3 pills are gone I am calling the office no answer. How on earth can a Drs. office be so negligent and careless? I have to head to the urgent care. My BP is so high I think I am going to have a CVA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
Spent a total of THREE hours in the office for a simple appointment. Will look for a new primary physician. My time is important. There is no reason that the scheduling should've gotten that backed up. Totally disappointed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
It's been more than two weeks now since I asked for a simple prescription to be sent to the pharmacy. Nothing narcotic - just a simple anti-inflammatory to deal with arthritis pain. It should have been prescribed for more than 10 days originally, but that's how well they operate in this office, and now I have had to call 4 times, leave two messages, send 2 notes online, and still no prescription. Then when I call to ask again, they don't even apologize. Go somewhere else. Anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
The first time I went in to have my cholesterol tested, they "lost my blood sample and asked me to come for a second visit. When I finally was able to get in for a second trip for the blood sample, I also received an unrelated prescription. After using the online portal, calling three times, having my pharmacist call, they never took care of my prescription. If you're looking for the worst imaginable customer service (read non-existent) then use this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
Wait times are too long, at least 1hour. I had 2 blood tests done that did not have my consent. The worst thing is the lack of communication. Needing a referral both myself and my specialist requested a referral and neither of us got a response after several calls each. Each time I had to leave a message. It has been a month and I still haven' t had a reply.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?
She is honest, she listens and she cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawne Carroll, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carroll?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Carroll treats patients.