Dr. Dawn Schissel, MD

Family Medicine | Female

Jordan Creek Family Medicine Clinic 230 S 68th St Ste 1203 West Des Moines, IA 50266 Get Directions
Dr. Dawn Schissel, MD

Dr. Dawn Schissel, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in West Des Moines, IA. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Schissel is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines.

Dr. Schissel's Experience

See how Dr. Schissel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schissel

Dr. Schissel accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Schissel is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schissel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schissel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schissel to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Schissel's Performance
West Des Moines, IA |
I saw Dr. Schissel wanting a physical and to discuss a recent experience I had in which I believe I may have miscarried. A med student came in first and I told her I need to discuss a possible miscarriage. When Dr. Schissel came in, she instructed her student to perform a pap smear. I've had 2 before; however, this was the most painful. I was clenching my fists in pain, to which she instructed her student to "just shove it in" and I couldn't believe it. She didn't even perform the physical!
West Des Moines, IA |
Love Dr. Schissel how ever went for an appointment to get birth control to stop having periods because mine are awful and extremely painful, her nurse gave me a lecture on how I am to young to decide not to have children (I am 40 just FYI) and in a condisending voice to me she will have Dr . explain periods and why we have them ( I work in the medical field) I know why we have them, she overstepped her bounds and is luck I don't report her
in Des Moines, ia |
Today I stopped having dr Schissel as my PCP after being talked to the way she talked to me today and told she would no longer be my doctor concerning diabetes. When it got to be too much or I was too much of a bother with it she backed out. Refused to write note about missing work but changed meds and insulin and thinks it should be all better in a day. I explained my stress and anxiety and she told me to suck it up and get back to work. Not professional at all! I used to respect her.
Dr Don has always been very helpful and professional.
Have you seen Dr. Dawn Schissel, MD?
Are you Dr. Schissel?

Compare Dr. Schissel

Dr. Schissel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Iowa not available

Dr. Schissel has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schissel's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Schissel does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Schissel and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Minnesota Medical School

Graduated in 1988

Broadlawns Med Center
    University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Schissel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schissel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage