Dr. Dawn Porter, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 54

Dr. Porter
1670 Essex Way Ste A101 O Fallon, IL 62269

Dr. Dawn Porter, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in O Fallon, IL. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Porter accepts

Dr. Porter accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
HAP Insurance
Health Alliance PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Porter's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Porter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Porter

2.3

Dr. Porter?
Dr. Porter's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dawn Porter, MD
Every time my sister and I went in to see her, she was ALWAYS late. Sometimes we’d be sitting in the waiting room for around 20-25 minutes because she got the patient before us late and sometimes she wouldn’t even show up to work on time. She’s made us late to school I don’t know how many times because she didn’t take us in when she was supposed to. We also had to fight with her just to send in prescriptions. The pharmacy would contact her I don’t know how many times before she would even acknowledge we existed. Then when my mom confronted her about everything, Dr. Porter yelled at her and made excuses on why she was late. Overall, bad experience and I don’t recommend seeing her if you don’t want your time wasted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
Dr. Porter was late for almost every appointment and when I confronted her about it she called me and started yelling at me. I would expect a doctor to be more professional. She completely missed one appointment, when I went to her office she wasn’t there and there was another patient there who said they had been waiting for her for over an hour. I contacted her staff but nobody knew where she was. If I am her first patient of the day I always have to wait at least 30 minutes for her to even come in. I will not be returning. Horrible horrible experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
I have never had any issues or concerns with Dr. Porter. My child is completely comfortable talking to her and doesn't mind going to see her at all. Dr. Porter always takes her time at the visits and we never feel rushed. I'm quite surprised at some of the reviews here that I have read becuase they do not sound like Dr. Porter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
Dr. Porter is awesome! She really takes the time to interact with my child. Her diagnosis was accurate. She provides thoughtful suggestions and coping mechanisms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
Always late to appointments. Does not get back to you about your child's medicine. All around bad.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
We have also found that Dr. Porter does run late from just a few minutes and sometimes up to 45 minutes. But, I will say that when we do see her, she really takes the time to assess my son's care. I would rather wait a bit for a doctor who has all of the information than one that pushes clients in and out of the door like cattle and really never get the big picture of what is going on. She also encourages my son to get involved with his own healthcare, like understanding his meds, etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
Completely awful experience. She barely talked during sessions because she was too busy typing on her computer. She was late to several sessions. My son was supposed to be given a prescription, but she never followed through. I left voicemails, texts, and emails over several months and received only 1 call back ever. When I tried returning that call within 5 minutes, it went to voicemail. Huge waste of time and money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
Horrible, horrible, horrible. Would NEVER recommend her to anyone. She was late to every single appointment we had. We would get there and she would be taking a patient in just as our appointment time started (making our wait time about 40 minutes). When we were her first appointment, she wouldn't even be at the office, making us wait in our car until she got there. Absolutely horrible experience overall.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?
I would not use this doctor. My minor daughter visited her and in addition to her meds was prescribed another med to take at school. The school needed a letter from her to give the medications and I called several times to get the letter and in 45 days never got a return call or the letter. Took her to another doctor she has seen before and he said it was not needed. To top it off, the billing was sent through the wrong insurance company.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Porter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Porter?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry