Integrative Oncology  |
Dr. Dawn Lemanne, MD
Dr. Lemanne, a Stanford-trained medical oncologist and recognized authority on integrative oncology, has treated thousands of cancer patients using conventional, functional, and integrative approaches. She enjoys working with patients who insist on the best in both conventional and complementary cancer treatments, and who also desire to use precisely-targeted diet, exercise, supplement, and lifestyle interventions to enhance treatment response and survival. OVERVIEW Dr. Lemanne is a rarity, a conventionally-trained medical oncologist and a renowned authority in integrative and functional oncology. She has completed the University of Arizona's flagship 2-year integrative medicine fellowship. Over the past two decades Dr. Lemanne has practiced in both community and academic settings. She was the first medical oncologist appointed to the integrative medicine faculty at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. MEDICAL EDUCATION Dr. Lemanne decided to become a physician at age seven, following the deaths of several playmates from cancer. Her premedical undergraduate work was in biophysics. She graduated with academic distinction from UC Berkeley, and upon entering UC San Francisco for her medical education, Dr. Lemanne was appointed Regents' Scholar, the highest academic honor in the University of California system. While working toward her MD degree at UCSF, she concurrently earned a masters degree in public health (MPH) from UC Berkeley. The focus of her MPH work was nutritional epidemiology. Following medical school, Dr. Lemanne completed a three-year internal medicine residency at Henry Ford Hospital in inner-city Detroit. The next step in her training was a medical oncology fellowship at the prestigious Stanford University Medical School, completed in 1993. Dr. Lemanne is a 2011 graduate of the University of Arizona's renowned 2-year integrative medicine fellowship. In 2012 Dr. Lemanne earned her fourth degree, a masters in science writing from Johns Hopkins University. She was awarded the "Outstanding Graduate Student" prize by the faculty. AUTHOR AND LECTURER Dr. Lemanne writes works for popular audiences and has published peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and textbook chapters. She continues her association with the University of Arizona, developing curricula in integrative oncology for postgraduate physicians. She has a busy lecture schedule, speaking internationally on integrative oncology. Dr. Lemanne is the founder of Oregon Integrative Oncology in Ashland, Oregon. Her unusual practice attracts proactive patients from around the world.

Dawn Lemanne, MD, MPH

1801 Highway 99 N # 2

Ashland, OR 97520

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Lemanne

The most important decision you'll make about cancer treatment is your choice of physician. In my opinion, the best oncologists are gritty explorers. They use science to go beyond the standard treatment protocols. They've read the research showing that nutrition matters, for example.

What's more, these docs prepare for your appointment. They look at you, not a screen.  They respond to your questions with respect.

My practice is strictly science-based. But science can't answer everything. I encourage my patients to bring in articles or questions about alternative or complementary cancer treatments they're interested in.

I study intensely every day, and have for decades. Even so, if a patient finds new information that sounds promising, I am excited to explore it together.

For me, questions are never an irritation to be rushed through or dismissed as unimportant.  For me, questions are exciting, a chance to find better treatments.

Dr. Lemanne's Experience

Dr. Lemanne's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Integrative Oncology

• Spinal Cord Cancer
  • Spleen Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Thoracic Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thymus Cancer

• Herbal Medicine
  • Mind-Body Focused Therapy
  • Nutrition Support for Cancer Patients
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• University Of California At Berkeley
  • University Of Arizona
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • The Johns Hopkins Univ
    Other Education | Completed 2011

Dr. Lemanne has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lemanne does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lemanne and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lemanne's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lemanne to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Lemanne Says:

We are not for everyone. We are only for the proactive, those who gain comfort from being in control of their cancer care.

You are a proactive cancer patient if:

• You want an oncologist who'll interact with you as an equal, with whom you can discuss relevant articles you've found, or treatment ideas you're interested in.
  • You think oncologists
  • ...
Dr. Lemanne's Performance
Ashland, Or |
I feel fortunate to have met Dr. Lemanne. She expressed interest in and knowledge about my cancer which is quite rare. She reviewed all of my medical records before our first meeting, clarified many of my concerns and advised me about a number of lifestyle changes which I’m looking forward to implementing. One of the things that struck me about her, besides her knowledge of the field is how compassionate, kind and present she is. I recommend her highly.
in Gold Hill, OR |
I couldn't say enough about Dr. Lemanne. She was a breath of fresh air in my otherwise frightening situation. The feeling you get when told you have cancer is very hard to explain and I knew so little about it until I sat with Dr. Lemanne. She was very clear when answering all my questions and then went on to tell me things that helped me to fully understand what was happening to me. She is calming, caring and extremely knowledgeable. Great choice on my part to seek her out.
in Burbank, CA |
Dr. Lemanne is a brilliant physician & a great communicator. I wanted to see an integrative oncologist & she is one of only 6 in the nation. I have a slow growing cancer which is not treated until symptoms become difficult to manage. My conventional doctors are "watching and waiting". Dr. Lemanne shared the EVIDENCE BASED natural cancer treatments available to me. There are natural therapies which have been proven in trials to be effective in fighting cancer. Glad to have her on my team.
in Ashland, OR |
Dr. Lemanne is a very caring and capable doctor. She's very smart, and she stays current on the latest research. She's very pleasant, too. She has the respect of other doctors, and she helped me in ways that other doctors did not. I'm very glad and grateful that she is my oncologist.
in Winnetka, CA |
I'm very grateful to have been referred to Dr. Lemanne by another knowledgeable physician at the time I needed to be guided in the right direction. Thanks to her excellent medical expertise I'm doing well and believe without her caring approach I would have been in a very difficult place in my life.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lemanne is a wonderful doctor. She is extremely intelligent, well informed and never stopped looking for ways to help me. She actively listened to me and treated me as an equal in my search for health. Dr. Lemanne is very inquisitive, diving into research and finding possible paths of treatments when other doctors couldn't be bothered. She truly cares. She is a decent and honest person. Dr. Lemanne is everything that anyone could want in a physician. I highly recommend Dr. Lemanne.
in Ashland, OR |
Can't thank Dr. Lemanne enough for her help. Her advice helped avoid pitfalls and mistakes. She goes above and beyond and has an almost magical power of getting done the impossible where others might give up. She's extremely bright and highly intelligent and has a wonderful team as well.
in Medford, OR |
Dr. Lemanne has played an invaluable role in my healing. She has offered key and crucial insights at critical junctures, has illuminated areas of confusion, and has wisely and thoroughly guided me on my journey healing from breast cancer.
in Mount Shasta, CA |
I highly recommend Dr. Lemanne. She evaluates, listens, explains reasons for any tests she orders, answers any and all questions without being hurried. Dr. Lemanne bases her practice on science and is excellent in how she explains science related to My case, with as much information as I need. The other MDs on my team comment how helpful her reports are for them and how easy it is to reach her and coordinate my care with her. I trust her and am blessed that she is my medical oncologist!
Have you seen Dr. Dawn Lemanne, MD?
Are you Dr. Lemanne?