Allergy & Asthma  |
Dr. Dawn de Neef, MD
Dr. Dawn de Neef is a member of the medical staff at Frye Regional Medical Center, Catawba Valley Medical Center, and Viewmont Surgery Center. She is Board Certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons A native of Houston, Texas, she graduated from Rice University with a degree in Biochemistry and received her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine. Her surgical internship was completed at Mount Carmel Health System, and her residency was completed at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Dr. Griesen is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Griesen serves as the Medical Director for Imaging Services at Carolina Ear, Nose & Throat Head and Neck Surgery Center and is actively pursuing her fellowship in Otolaryngic Allergy. Awards, Honors & Recognition CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 CertificationAllscripts Professional EHR, Allscripts, 2013 Fellow (FAAO-HNS)American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Fellow (FACS)American College of Surgeons

Hickory Office

304 10th Ave NE

Hickory, NC 28601

• Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
  • Guardian
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. de Neef

Offering the best office staff and setting to provide the best Ear, Nose and Throat and Allergy care

Dr. de Neef's Experience

Dr. de Neef's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Allergy & Asthma
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology

• Allergy & Asthma
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

• Otolaryngology

• Asthma
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Broken Nose
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cholesteatoma
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eye Infections
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hives
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Itchy Skin
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Skin Infections
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

• Laryngoscopy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Rice University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Baylor University
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Mount Carmel Health
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Ohio State University Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

• CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification. Allscripts Professional EHR, Allscripts, 2013

Dr. de Neef has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow
  • American College of Surgeons, Fellow

Dr. de Neef's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. de Neef to family and friends
Dr. de Neef's Performance
in Hickory, NC |
Dr. de Neef is a wonderful and caring doctor. My son who is 7 and is on the ASD spectrum always has a hard time with doctor's and allowing them to do and exam. Dr de Neef talked with my son and got down on his level and engaged in what he was doing when she came in and talked with him about some of his favorite things.. She explained everything she was doing in detail to him and made him feel at ease.Thank you Dr. de Neef for being one in a million who "gets" ASD and all its quirks.
Manchester, TN |
Dr. de Neef has the best bedside manner and explains things thoroughly and at a level for anyone to understand! She adds such a nice, personal touch to visits and is very down-to-earth. I'm so glad she is my daughter's doctor!
Morganton, NC |
My experience with Dr. de Neef was exceptionally positive. I can honestly say that she is THE BEST doctor I've seen in a long, long time. In my judgement she is genuinely dedicated to her profession with expertise and experience in her specialty. Her caring, concern and respect for me as her patient impressed me. I most certainly appreciated the fact that she listened to me patiently while I offered my input concerning my health issue. I highly recommend Dr. de Neef.
Hickory NC |
Dr. de Neef is a great doctor. She was very patient with our son before, during, and after surgery. She explained everything to us and told us what to expect. She is a very personable doctor. She is the same today as she was 10 years ago when she did my stepdaughter's and husband's surgeries. Would definitely choose her again in the future and will recommend her to others.
in Morganton, NC |
While my wait time was longer that I had expected, it was more than worth it. Dr. Dawn de Neef, who asked me to call her Dawn, was so cordial and relaxed in her manner, I did not realize that she was the ENT specialist until near to end of the exam. I was pleased in two ways. First, she did not go for broke, recommending the most dramatic, intrusive and expensive course of care immediately. Second, her recommended treatment was a topical antibiotic, Mupirocin, which has worked: Symptom free!
Morganton, NC |
Dr. Dawn E. de Neef has treated me for more than 10 years and provided excellent care.
in Spartanburg, SC |
I had to look out of state to find a good ENT. I found Dr. de Neef in Hickory and made an appointment in November. She is outstanding! She is extremely well educated, and the best thing about her is that she LISTENS to what you say. I did have to wait a while for her to get to me, but that is because she takes whatever time is necessary to hear what you have to say and to make sure that you have gotten your questions answered. I don't mind waiting for someone who does that.
in Taylorsville NC |
My visit with Dr. de Neef was wonderful
in Taylorsville, NC |
Very pleased. She always makes you feel comfortable, welcomed, and the patient has her undivided attention. She answers your questions without you feeling "rushed."
in Hickory, NC |
Every time I have see no era she is very professional, with a huge touch of personal attention. She always takes her time and explains things throughly.
in Hickory NC |
Caring and considerate with a great bedside manner, I would not hesitate to refer people to her. She is knowledgeable and explains everything in terms everyone can understand.
in Granite Falls, NC |
The first time I saw Dr de Neef, my ears were swollen and oozing fluid inside and out. I had seen another ear doctor for a year with no relief. She had my ears back to normal in 2 days. She is amazing and has a sweet personality. I always give her a hug. Love her !!!
in Clayton, NC |
NO one likes to go to the doctor, but if the total experience is as painless as possible, it's doable . Dr. de Neef and her staff make it so. Fantastic bedside manner and a truly caring physician. Thank You! PETE SOBOTKIN
in Vale, NC |
I trust Dr. de Neef and her staff more than I have any office when it has come to my health needs. I have be coming to the Hickory office for over 4 years and has long as Dr. De Neef is there you have a patient for life. Thank you, Dr de Neef every time I am in your office you make me feel like I am your only patient and you do not stop until the root of my health issue is fixed. I appreciate that so much!
Morganton, NC |
My son is autistic and she is awesome with him and very understanding. They always make sure we have an appointment that is workable for his needs as well.
in Morganton, NC |
Very personable. She takes her time with you, answers all your questions, gives you makes sure you understand what she is telling you about your physical issue, and never rushes through the examination. She is genuinely interested in you as a person and remembers you and what you talked about from one visit to the next. I can't imagine ever going to anyone else for my ENT problems.
in Valdese, NC |
She is not only brilliant, a fantastic surgeon, she CARES about you totally as a patient. You never need to worry about 10 minutes of your time, she will spend as much as you need to talk. Unheard of nowadays. She is just an incredible surgeon, who knew exactly what procedure I needed to get relief after 12 years of living in NC, she is an exceptionally kind, wonderful human being. Kudos to Dr. Dawn DeNeef. 10 Stars.
in Newton, NC |
I had found myself perplexed by an array of symptoms that were causing me great frustration. By the process of elimination, a highly respected oral surgeon referred me to Dr. de Neef. Eureka ! Not only had I found a fine professional to ease and correctly diagnosis my condition, but an individual who sincerely cares about her patients. Dr. de Neef is professional and highly knowledgeable; additionally, her bright , positive demeanor is a refreshing attribute . My treatment by Dr. d.N. : A+
Have you seen Dr. Dawn de Neef, MD?
Are you Dr. de Neef?

Visit Dr. de Neef

Saturday
Dr. de Neef accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
    Coventry Health Care of the Carolinas, Inc. HMO
  • Guardian
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost