Dr. Dawn Duss, MD

Pediatric Ophthalmology | Female

Pediatric Eye Consultants of North Florida 240 Ponte Vedra Park Dr # 202 Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082 Get Directions
Dr. Dawn Duss, MD
As the oldest girl in a family of 10 kids, I have always been comfortable with children. Caring for them comes naturally for me, and I am not easily overwhelmed by crying, shyness, developmental delay or inattention during an appointment. My clinic strives to be a place in which children feel safe and at ease. Our office features child friendly video games, movies and even audio books for the visually impaired. We have a quiet area set aside for the immuno-compromised, newborns and nursing mothers for privacy. My father once told me, "find something you love to learn about". I have been fortunate to enter a field that constantly astounds and amazes me. I am fearlessly passionate about pediatric Ophthalmology. I love what I do and take pride in providing exceptional eye care for the children of Northeast Florida.

Dr. Duss' Care Philosophy

Every minute of every day, the patient comes first. I strive to be available at all times and care for your child as my own.

Dr. Duss' Experience

See how Dr. Duss' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Duss

Dr. Duss accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Duss is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Duss has admitting privileges.

Dr. Duss' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duss to family and friends
Dr. Duss' Performance
in Rincon, GA 31326 |
I have been under the care of Dr. Duss for the better part of three years now and I must say I have never been more impressed with a doctor or the person behind the white coat. Dr. Duss has a special gift for helping patients with anxiety as well as in the operating theatre. She is truly a special person and I could not have been more satisfied with the level of care both prior to and subsequent to my surgery.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Outstanding! She is a ball of dynamite - she is animated, upbeat and is great at explaining everything. She called me herself the afternoon after the surgery and since it was a weekend gave me a direct line to her in case I had any concerns.
Have you seen Dr. Dawn Duss, MD?
Are you Dr. Duss?

Compare Dr. Duss

Dr. Duss says...

As the oldest girl in a family of 10 kids, I have always been comfortable with children.   Caring for them comes naturally for me, and I am not easily overwhelmed by crying, shyness, developmental delay or inattention during an appointment. My clinic strives to be a place in which children feel safe and at ease. Our office features child friendly video games, movies and even audio books for the visually impaired. We have a quiet area set aside for the immuno-compromised, newborns and nursing mothers for privacy.

Dr. Duss' Care Philosophy

Every minute of every day, the patient comes first.

I strive to be available at all times and care for your child as my own.

Dr. Duss says...

I strive to provide exceptional care.  Having been fellowship trained in Pediatric Ophthalmology at Emory University, I have specific experience with pediatric cataracts and am one of only a few pediatric ophthalmologists within 100 miles that perform this surgery.  I am also skilled in evaluation and treatment of strabismus, amblyopia, retinopathy of prematurity and many other eye diseases of childhood.  I am the only pediatric ophthalmologist in this area that will offer endoscopic excision of dermoids, allowing for "scar free" facial structures in children.

I am an editor on the board of the Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus and have served on the Wolfson Childrens Hospital Board.  I am the current Medical Adviser for Vision Is Priceless, a local non profit organization that provides screening and care for Jacksonville's residents with eye care needs.

Dr. Duss says...

Pediatric eye surgery requires exceptional attention to detail and unique surgical skills.  As a fellow at Emory University, I had the opportunity to participate in the IATS study, a project that investigated outcomes in pediatric cataract surgery.  I worked with one of the premier pediatric cataract surgeons in the country and learned a great deal.  I bring meticulous surgical skills and an appetite for researching what is the best and most advanced technique in a planned surgery.

Dr. Duss' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Ophthalmology
      •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Duss has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Duss' Board Certifications

• Contusion of the Eyeball
      • Cranial Nerve Palsy
      • Diabetic Retinopathy
      • Diplopia
      • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
      • Duane Retraction Syndrome
      • Paralytic Strabismus
      • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
      • Retina Diseases
      • Retinoblastoma
      • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
      • Strabismus

Medical College Of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 2001

Penn Presbyterian Medical Center

Completed in 2002

New Jersey Medical School (UMDNJ)

Completed in 2005

Emory University Hospital

Completed in 2006

University Of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Duss does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duss and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Ophthalmology