Dr. Dawn Brown, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 44

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Dawn Brown, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Saint Louis University / School of Medicine medical school in 2006. She is affiliated with St. Luke's Health - The Woodlands Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Dawn Brown, MD

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Brown's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Brown's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Brown performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of her peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Brown performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent

Dr. Brown performs Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Brown's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Hyperactive Impulsive Type
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavior Therapy
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Counseling Services
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Residual ADHD
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders

Dr. Brown accepts

Dr. Brown accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brown

2.8

Dr. Brown

Scheduled appointment and she messaged me asking to Change date, suggesting time and date and I did. Our appointment was today And she canceled our appointment 15 min after it was supposed to start. So unprofessional. I won’t recommend this person for anything.
M.B – Jan 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
I made a Teladoc appointment with Dr. Brown. I originally chose a Wednesday afternoon, but I got a text shortly after from the doctor requesting I change the appointment to earlier on a Monday at 4pm. I accepted the appointment and paid $190 upfront for my appointment. Monday comes and I log in at 3:50 as instructed by Teladoc. The doctor does not show by 4:30, so I call the helpline and request to cancel. At that time they tell me that the doctor had the session locked meaning that she was in the session; however, she was not. 5 minutes after they cancel, I receive a request from the doctor to change the appointment to 6pm. No thanks. Her practice is one huge red flag. I wish I had believed the reviews before wasting my time.
Color Me Disappointed – Oct 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
First time patient of Dr Brown. I am happy and feel cared for. She advocated for my health from mental down to primary and OBGYN. I look forward to continuing treatment.
D. M. P. – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Dr. Brown cancelled on me literally 3 minutes AFTER she was supposed to be there for my telehealth appointment. If I'm to be charged for not showing up to an appointment, why can't she?
Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Unprofessional is accurate. My $350 fee for the first appointment was happily accepted on the same day I filled out all of the forms, & then three days later, everything went downhill from there. The office employee left me voicemail on my cell phone for someone else. I returned the call 30 minutes later and had to spell my last name multiple times during the phone conversation including having to explain multiple times that I sent the forms to the email address that was provided in the instructions on the ADHD Wellness website. She acted like she had no clue what the instructions on the website were. The she told me that she would have to get the forms from the doctor because the email address in the instructions belonged to the doctor. On top of that, she kept misspelling my last name even though I correctly spelled my own name on all of the forms, which resulted in her adding incorrect information to the patient portal & sending an email to the wrong person. I didn’t know any
Sep 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
I was looking for a mature doctor who could understand exactly what I was going through. I found this in Dr. Dawn Brown. She does run her business tight and doesn’t give a lot of time for too deep introspection of issues, but that’s what a therapist would do, not a psychiatrist. Once you get on board with her program, it is very easy and helpful. I love the virtual appointments because it so easy and convenient. Dr Brown isn’t for everyone, especially if you don’t have ADHD and have other issues that need further detailed discussions; but for the treatment and management of adult ADHD, I found her to be a real God-Send. The time I spend talking to her in my appointments is always helpful. She’s focused on me, what I am saying and always gives good reassurance and positive affirmations that I am on the right track. I am happy I found Dr. Brown to help me manage my life with ADHD!!
Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
"Being a patient of Dr. Dawn Brown has significantly improved my life. After spending the first half of my life living with ADHD and not knowing it I felt that I was just not capable of being responsible enough to assume a serious or important role in anything. I never felt capable of achieving goals that could highly benefit my life. Dr. Brown was able to effectively evaluate my situation and has been able to offer me sufficient solutions. I'm finally feeling like I'm moving."
May 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Horrible!!!!! She made it abundately clear she was not interested in the patients and only interested in harrassing the staff and the patient's guardian and an adult patient about a piece of paper. She was rude and unprofessional.
Asta Curtis in Cleveland – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Dr. Dawn is upbeat, and helps immensely.
Ronald in Houston, TX – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Dr. Brown has provided nothing less than excellent, competent, and compassionate care since I began seeing her in 2015. Someone complained they were told there wasn’t enough time for their appt but I’m sure they didn’t mention they were late for the appt. Those complaining about paying $150.00 to change medicine but only took the meds two days knew before hand the cost of the office visit and it takes up to two weeks to see the affects of most adhd Medicines anyways. Good work Dr. Brown.
Skye P. in Houston, TX – Feb 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
It's disheartening to reflect on the maltreatment we have rec'vd from Dr Brown, concerning our 6-yr old son. Indeed, the wait was lengthy, an hour from where we live, the office smelled like cigarettes, the fees significant, but committed to Dr Brown b/c of her claims being ADHD patient herself, which I thought would prompt her empathy, compassion, and sense of urgency. We were wrong. For 2 months, she has failed to provide us the paperwork we need for school, and won't return our calls/emails.
The Woodlands – Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
I became a patient of Dr. Brown’s in the fall. I found her caring, compassionate; kind and accessible. Everything about my experience has been exceptional.
Feb 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Very unprofessional office management. And when I complained I was told to find another doctor, as if I’m the problem. She cancels appointments, isn’t available to reschedule for weeks and then imposes a missed appointment fee when you cancel due to an emergency. Staff is incompetent. Twice I’ve tried to get my records tranferred with no success. Her office is a mess.
Waxhaw, NC – Dec 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
My teen aged granddaughter started with Dr Brown started out very well. Very disappointed we were just getting to a good place with the Dr.... unfortunately because of an insensitive office manager and charging fees for missed appointment that WAS not missed. Actually was told when I arrived there NOT enough time !!!! What healthcare professional does that? Then was told by the incredibly office person... that we should consider finding a new Doctor!!!! We are DONE!!!
Adams Theresa in Humble, TX – Nov 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Beware! Horrible office practices. Her assistant, Paula, is completely incompetent and responds to emails like a robot. Just copies and pastes policy rules when you have a question. The only time you can even speak with Dr. Brown is if you allow them to charge your credit card. I was really hopeful she would be able to help my daughter, but when we started trying different medications, she wanted to charge is 150.00 every change even if we knew after two days a medication would not work.
Spring, TX – Apr 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Brown for about 2 years now and could not be happier. I have never experienced her showing up late to appointments, rushing me, or blind siding me with additional fees. Dr. Brown is always kind, heartfelt, and very knowledgeable about ADHD. She is always up to date on the newest research, medications, and non-pharmaceutical treatments as well (Thanks for your diligence!). My favorite qualities of Dr. Brown is she always has a positive attitude and a smile on her face.
John in Spring, TX – Oct 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
Dr. Brown exceeded all of my expectations. She was very friendly and quickly put me at ease . I strongly recommend her . She listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. I walked out of her office so thankful that great doctors like her exist .
Karen in La Porte , Texas – Sep 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
A little about me, lam 39 years old and I work in a plant in Houston.I couldn't go out to dinner because I was obsessed with rearranging the table OCD. I suffered with my problems. I was always afraid to speak up. I finally decided to seek help for myself and my family. Dr Brown listened, counseled and helped me. She has made such an impact in my life since I started my treatment I've excelled at work got a promotion to operator/supervisor and the wife is happy! Thank you so much Dr Brown....
Thankfull in Pasadena, TX – Jul 24, 2016
Jessica Thomas in the Woodlands, TX – Jun 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?
I saw Dr. Brown for a year. During that time, I had several concerns. She was late to appointments, made me feel rushed during others and often didn?t seem to be paying attention. She recommended an expensive and barely peer-reviewed genetic test. She once confused me for another patient and called in the wrong prescription. Recently she left town with no notification and no plan to maintain her patient?s care, leaving me w/o meds for two+ weeks. Then she got mad at me for being mad about it.
Brett in Conroe, TX – Apr 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dawn Brown, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brown?