Dr. David S. Williams, MD

• CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

I think one thing that sets our practice apart and all of our providers feel this is important, is that we try to give appropriate attention and time to each patient who comes here. Numerous patients have remarked over the years that they feel they are not only listened to but also responded to in a way that helps them to understand their eye care issues, recommendations that we are making for management, and what impact these issues may have on their long term eye health and vision.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Williams' Experience

See how Dr. Williams' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Williams

Dr. Williams accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Williams has admitting privileges.

Dr. Williams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Williams to family and friends
based on 198 total surveys
Dr. Williams' Performance
Have you seen Dr. David S. Williams, MD?

Compare Dr. Williams

More Ophthalmology Specialists at Campus Eye Center

Dr. Williams says...

I think its important for everyone who comes to Campus Eye to know that we are a comprehensive ophthalmology practice with an emphasis on general ophthalmology care and cataract management.  That's my area of particular interest and we benefit from being in a community where additional subspecialists are available so when appropriate we are able to refer to those practices in order to provide the best care to our patients.

I chose to become a doctor a bit later in life than some.  I had initially worked in other areas of not for profit setting but decided to pursue medicine because of the scientific perspective and also the fact that I would be working with patients and trying to help them to solve problems that impacted their daily life.

Outside of work my strongest emphasis first and foremost is being with my family.  I have two daughters and my wife and I really put strong emphasis on time together away from our busy work time and so that is a number one priority.  We enjoy traveling, being outside, hiking, running, playing soccer and just being active.

Dr. Williams' Care Philosophy

Dr. Williams says...

My clinical background reflects what I had mentioned earlier  in terms of the emphasis of the practice I feel my clinical training is grounded in comprehensive ophthalmology with an understanding of broad diagnostic capabilities but also an understanding of my limitations so that when I feel a problem is beyond my expertise I do not hesitate to refer a patient to someone with greater area of expertise in that topic.  And to reiterate my particular interest and training had been focused on cataract surgery and management of both routine and more challenging cataract cases and I continue to pursue that on a day to day basis and is one area of interest and emphasis.

Dr. Williams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Williams has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Williams' Board Certifications

University of Florida

Completed in 2009

Haverford College

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Williams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Williams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology