Psychiatry  |
Dr. David Wexler, MD
Dr. David Wexler, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

David Brian Wexler, MD

10850 Wilshire Blvd Ste 1260

Los Angeles, CA 90024

Learn about Dr. Wexler

I have practiced medicine for more than 2 decades now. My expertise is in biological psychiatry and psychopharmacology. I am currently integrating functional medicine into my practice philosophy and approach to care.

I have worked as a private practitioner, as staff psychiatrist -- in-patient and out-patient -- in a number of healthcare systems, as Director of Consultation/Liaison Services, as team psychiatrist for an NFL franchise, as physician wellness psychiatrist for a large managed care consortium, and as Director of a university teaching hospital's psychopharmacology clinic. I strive to remain state of the science, having held -- and currently holding -- academic positions at several medical schools, and having served as a web-based psychiatric consultant for primary care physicians and other medical specialists.

I emphasize collaboration with a patient's treatment team. This is paramount to optimizing quality of healthcare and, in turn, to treatment outcome.

Dr. Wexler's Experience

Dr. Wexler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Severe Anxiety
  • Substance Use Disorders

No malpractice history found for California.

• Harvard
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

• Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2009, 2010, 2011, 2009 - 11
  • ***Patients' Choice Awards, 2008 thru 2012, 2008 - 12
  • On-Time Physician Award 2009, 2009

Dr. Wexler has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Wexler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wexler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wexler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wexler to family and friends
Dr. Wexler's Performance
in Menlo Park, CA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Wexler's (a terrific physician) for several years. HIs knowledge of medications and other technologies applicable for mood disorders is elite. He's been the only physician who's balanced my medications enabling me to perform at the top of my game. Additionally Dr. Wexler is knowledgable of new therapies which gives me hope. I like the way he explains how the drugs work within my brain. He's fun to talk with and simply the best. I highly recommend him
Palo Alto, CA |
"Dr. Wexler is smart, concerned, personable, and thought-ful. He isn't afraid to think outside the box, and is concerned about and takes into consideration the whole person, which is just what I needed in a doctor."
San Francisco, CA |
I started seeing Dr. Wexler 8 years ago when he helped me finally figure out the best medication combo for my symptoms. Ever since, he has closely helped me think through side effects, my personal preferences, and my health. He does a ton of continuing research on various medications and the latest studies and backs up his recommendations with data. He's also a friendly and approachable person. Highly recommend.
San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Wexler got me through some very tough times. He's caring, smart, knows the meds backwards and forwards, and is easy to talk with.
in San Jose, CA |
David helped me when other psychiatrists could not. I was in a 2 year depression, and had lost hope. He got me better, and saved my life. David is very knowledgeable, and keeps up to date with the latest research. He never seems to run out of ideas, and is very persistent. Thank you David!
in Napa, CA |
Dr. Wexler is a brilliant psychopharmacologist. 16 years ago, he saved my life. He determined I have a very complicated diagnosis, which is difficult to treat. He has a wide knowledge base using standard treatments combined with cutting edge medical information. Dr. Wexler listens closely to what I say . He has great insight and observation skills. I highly recommend him. He’s an amazing and unique doctor. BTW-I’m doing great!
I came to visit Dr. Wexler after years of partial fixes with antidepressants. I was fed up with an unwillingness of my Health care provider who would do nothing but prescribe different antidepressants. Under Dr. Wexler's care I was treated for bi-polar and anxiety as well as ADD. I was doing so much better! And treatment for ADD brought me to enjoying life for the first time in decades. Dr. Wexler is very comfortable to visit.
in Paris, France |
I personnaly met Mr wexler 3 years ago when I was an expat teacher in shanghai. I was looking for a good psychiatrist at that time as I was experiencing hard times. I had movement disorders and obsessional compulsive behaviour. I had been looking for a good doctor for ages before I found Mr wecler who told me right from the start it would not be easy but could help me. actually he did so much more than " help" . This Man changed my Life, I highly recommend his services. Huge specialist.great man
Delray Beach, FL |
"My father had gotten a staph infection, than got mersa virus as well, from a catheter from having a stent put in. My father became gravely ill with sepsis and went into full cardiac arrest twice. It was safe to say that the meds prescribed were working but there seemed to be something still wrong for my fathers healing. Dr Wexler has spoken to the Nurse Practitioner and mentioned a drug that he thought would work better than the drug prescribed to my father. He told them, that it was not the dr
Menlo Park, CA |
David Wexler changed the life of my Downes Syndrome brother. Dr. Wexler with patience and persistence improved my brother's quality of life. He also improved my life at the same time. Dr. Wexler is a doctor that you can trust.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Wexler has been my treating physician for 14 years since 2002. I was diagnosed with rapid cycling bi-polar disorder in 1997 and had seen several doctors, but was still experiencing mood fluctuations, and had difficulty managing the demands of my career in high technology. Under Dr. Wexler’s care I became stable and have remained so ever since. His approach is inclusive. He explains complex treatments and we make decisions together. He is a truly exceptional psychiatrist!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I was on an anti-depressant for over twenty years that was no longer working. I didn't realize that was the reason for my depression and anxiety. I was recommended to Dr. Wexler and he knew what the problem was immediately. My biggest concern was worrying that I was going to have major mental issues. He weaned me off of the previous medication and started me on the new medication at the same time. I had no bad symptoms and the new medication is right for me!
in Boca Raton |
Dr Wexler is an amazing doctor and very caring and understanding! After years of being undiagnosed he was the only Dr who was able to understand my condition and treat it! He is a great listener and always responds very quickly. I would recommend him highly
in Flint, MI |
An ex-pat from Michigan living in Shanghai, I was so fortunate to have been referred to Dr Wexler to treat my depression.  doctor in Shanghai told me Dr Wexler was the best she’s known either in the US or abroad.  My therapist concurred.  Not sure how he did it, but I am feeling better than I have in decades.  I saw Dr Wexler for 10 months, and he continually stressed that I had to keep working with my therapist, exercise, pay attention to my diet, and get consistent rest.  You’re the best, Dr W
Have you seen Dr. David Wexler, MD?
Are you Dr. Wexler?