Dr. David Weissman, MD

Dr. David Weissman, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. David Weissman, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Southfield, MI and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University of Mi Med Sch in 1997 and specializes in internal medicine.Read his story

16800 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 100

Southfield, MI 48076

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Weissman

Dr. Weissman's Experience

Dr. Weissman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Weissman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Weissman "Dr. David Weissman has practiced medicine in the Detroit area for the past 15 years. He began his education planning a career in engineering. He graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor with a BSE in Aerospace Engineering in 1990. Then, after changing paths to study medicine, he obtained his MS in biomedical engineering in 1996 and his MD in 1997, also both from the prestigious University of Michigan. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Weissman completed his residency in internal medicine at Rush University in Chicago between 1997 and 2000. He then returned to his home in Metro Detroit in August 2000, when he began his private practice in general internal medicine and joined the staff of William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. Since this time, he has taught residents at Beaumont and joined the faculty of Wayne State University School of Medicine as a Clinical Assistant Professor, teaching rotating 3rd and 4th year medical students at his office. He has been Board Certified in Internal Medicine since 2000. Dr. Weissman was born in Detroit and raised in the Detroit suburbs, where he currently lives with his wife and daughter. He has a strong interest in preventive medical care as well as the incorporation of computers and technology in the medical office, particularly with respect to electronic medical records and a paperless office. He is also developing a patient portal and website, so that patients may have online access to their medical records and test results, as well as secured online communication with the doctor and the office staff."

This content was provided by Dr. Weissman "I strongly believe that the doctor-patient relationship is a partnership and a collaboration. I see my role as more of a consultant, rather than the old-fashioned paternalistic physician. I encourage my patients to educate themselves about their medical conditions and treatments and I welcome a healthy discourse to allow us to find the optimal medical management best suited for each individual patient.

Furthermore, I am never upset or angry if a patient chooses alternative treatments or seeks a number of opinions from different specialists. To the contrary, I actually welcome patients who seek different options and I'm always happy to discuss my opinions with other members of the healthcare team."

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Thyroid Screening
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • University of Mi Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Rush University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Rush University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Weissman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weissman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weissman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Weissman's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weissman to family and friends

Dr. Weissman's Performance

Dr. Weissman Says:
"

I truly appreciate all patient feedback about me, my staff, my office or my medical practice in general. This kind of feedback helps me and my staff work to improve the patient experience as much as possible. Additionally, I would ask that anyone who has any complaints or criticisms please call me at my office and speak to me personally.

"

Dr. Weissman is the most compassionate doctor I have ever gone to. When my husband was suffering from Multiple Myloma he was so available , just a text away. The last week was so difficult but Dr. Weissman supervised his care by phone and text. This care and concerned meant my husband could stay in...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr David is one of the best diagnosticians in the area He spends more time with me than any other doctor, plus he is very compassionate I am so sorry he is not in the office anymore.. Apparently he is going back to his concierge practice.. I will miss him greatly!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Overall, Dr. Weissman is excellent! He is very nice and easy to talk to, and he spends a lot of time with me every time I see him. Plus, he has his college degree in aerospace engineering, so he's a doctor and a rocket scientist! He's one of the smartest doctors I've ever met!
Are you Dr. Weissman?