Dr. David E. Weissman, MD

Dr. David E. Weissman, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 49 years old

I strongly believe that the doctor-patient relationship is a partnership and a collaboration. I see my role as more of a consultant, rather than the old-fashioned paternalistic physician. I encourage my patients to educate themselves about their medical conditions and treatments and I welcome a healthy discourse to allow us to find the optimal medical management best suited for each individual patient. Furthermore, I am never upset or angry if a patient chooses alternative treatments or seeks a number of opinions from different specialists. To the contrary, I actually welcome patients who seek different options and I'm always happy to discuss my opinions with other members of the healthcare team.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Weissman's Experience

See how Dr. Weissman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Weissman

Dr. Weissman accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Weissman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Weissman
Dr. Weissman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (14)
Dr. Weissman Says:

I truly appreciate all patient feedback about me, my staff, my office or my medical practice in general. This kind of feedback helps me and my staff work to improve the patient experience as much as possible. Additionally, I would ask that anyone who has any complaints or criticisms please call me at my office and speak to me personally.

in Royal Oak, MI |
Dr David is one of the best diagnosticians in the area He spends more time with me than any other doctor, plus he is very compassionate I am so sorry he is not in the office anymore.. Apparently he is going back to his concierge practice.. I will miss him greatly!!
in Berkley, MI |
Overall, Dr. Weissman is excellent! He is very nice and easy to talk to, and he spends a lot of time with me every time I see him. Plus, he has his college degree in aerospace engineering, so he's a doctor and a rocket scientist! He's one of the smartest doctors I've ever met!
Have you seen Dr. David E. Weissman, MD?
Are you Dr. Weissman?

Compare Dr. Weissman

Dr. Weissman says...

Dr. David Weissman has practiced medicine in the Detroit area for the past 15 years. He began his education planning a career in engineering. He graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor with a BSE in Aerospace Engineering in 1990. Then, after changing paths to study medicine, he obtained his MS in biomedical engineering in 1996 and his MD in 1997, also both from the prestigious University of Michigan.

After graduating from medical school, Dr. Weissman completed his residency in internal medicine at Rush University in Chicago between 1997 and 2000. He then returned to his home in Metro Detroit in August 2000, when he began his private practice in general internal medicine and joined the staff of William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak.

Since this time, he has taught residents at Beaumont and joined the faculty of Wayne State University School of Medicine as a Clinical Assistant Professor, teaching rotating 3rd and 4th year medical students at his office. He has been Board Certified in Internal Medicine since 2000.

Dr. Weissman was born in Detroit and raised in the Detroit suburbs, where he currently lives with his wife and daughter. He has a strong interest in preventive medical care as well as the incorporation of computers and technology in the medical office, particularly with respect to electronic medical records and a paperless office. He is also developing a patient portal and website, so that patients may have online access to their medical records and test results, as well as secured online communication with the doctor and the office staff.

Dr. Weissman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Weissman says...

After 15 years of working in a primary care practice, I have learned that the majority of chronic medical conditions relate directly to lifestyle choices. So, by making alternative choices, we can very effectively reduce or even eliminate a number of medical problems.

I have battled my weight for much of my adult life, so I completely understand the temptations and dangers that go along with unhealthy diet and exercise habits. In 2015, I have begun a serious weight loss effort and have begun exercising more regularly. While I continue to struggle with this, and I believe I will always have to struggle to some extent, I believe this gives me a unique perspective in treating patients. I absolutely do NOT talk down to patients about what they should or shouldn't eat. Rather, I can empathize as well as anyone, since I have a very deep and personal understanding of how difficult it can be. But, I also feel that through cooperation and understanding comes success.

Dr. Weissman says...

Dr. Weissman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Weissman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Weissman's Board Certifications

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

Rush University

Completed in 2000

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Weissman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weissman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy Testing
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Immunization
  • Physical Examination
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.