Dr. David Van Mater, MD

Pediatric Hematology & Oncology | Male

Dr. David Van Mater, MD
Dr. David Van Mater, MD is a pediatric hematology & oncology doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 11 years.

Dr. Van Mater's Care Philosophy

Im a pediatric hematologist and oncologist that treats children with cancer and non-malignant blood problems. Additionally I work in the neurofibromatosis clinic where I collaborate with other outstanding care providers throughout Duke to care for patients with neurofibromatosis and related disorders. I strive to utilize the resources of the Duke system to improve the health of my patients. Working with kids is very inspiring. I love the way that they handle adversity with such courage. Their energy and hope really carries me through the day. When I meet a child and their family for the first time I try to identify the key problems that are affecting their life and preventing them from doing things that are important to them. My goal is to make their life as normal as possible. Outside of work I enjoy coaching youth soccer playing ultimate frisbee and spending time with my wife and our three kids.

Dr. Van Mater's Experience

See how Dr. Van Mater's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Van Mater

Dr. Van Mater accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Van Mater's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Van Mater?

Compare Dr. Van Mater

Dr. Van Mater's Care Philosophy

Dr. Van Mater's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Hematology & Oncology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Acute Myeloid Leukemia

C.S. Mott Children's Hospital

Completed in 2009

Duke University Medical Center

Completed in 2013

Dr. Van Mater does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Van Mater and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Hematology & Oncology

Dr. Van Mater does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Van Mater and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.