Dr. David Terreson, MD

Dr. David Terreson, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |

Dr. David Terreson, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

Cardio Texas, PLLC

1015 E 32nd St Ste 508

Austin, TX 78705

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthSmart
  • PHCS
  • Texas True Choice
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Terreson

Video

See how frequently Dr. Terreson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Hyperlipidemia
Heart Disease

Dr. Terreson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Terreson "Dr. Terreson went to the University of Mississippi for undergraduate training and medical school, where he was Phi Kappa Phi. He then did his internship and residency at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, and his cardiology fellowship at the Texas Heart Institute. At Texas Heart, he was Chief Cardiology Fellow and elected Fellow of the Year. He has practiced general cardiology in Austin since 1996, with an interest in coronary and peripheral intervention."

• Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Angioplasty
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Angiography
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Thoracentesis
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• Baylor University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Tx Heart Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Terreson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Terreson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Terreson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Cardiac Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Terreson is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Terreson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Terreson to family and friends
Dr. Terreson's Performance
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Terreson is the ultimate physician. He understands patients, explains problems very well and takes the time needed to allow you to make decisions with him on your care and treatment. He is great. PS: I'm also a physician..
Austin, TX |
Dr. Terreson is was very informative and caring at my visit. He took out the time to explain my condition and answer and questions I had at my visit. I would recommend Dr. Terreson to my family and friends.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr David Terreson is the most caring Cardiologist I have visited. He is very thorough and leaves no stones on turn. He took the time to explain my health status. He listened and gave me excellent answers. He saved my life 17 years ago and continues to do so up till this day. Dr Terreson and Darby. Two angels
Austin, TX |
He's a great physician with a friendly way of interacting.
in Lockhart |
Dr. Terreson and his staff are exceptional! They took really good care of my mom, worked us in with no problems and were very personable. I would highly recommend Dr. Terreson!
Austin, TX |
I have been with Dr. Terreson for over 15 years. With his superior knowledge and experience he and his staff took care of my heart health. He takes time to listen to patient and provides the best care according to patient's need. I would definitely recommend Dr. Terreson to anyone with heart condition.
Austin, TX |
I had my first new patient visit in 9/2017 with Dr. Terreson who was recommended by a co worker. The entire experience was exceptional. In June while on vacation I was hospitalized with chest pains in another state. I brought 30 pages of hospital records to my appointment. Not only did his staff scan them to my file, but Dr. Terreson read them for my appointment. His medical advice was detailed and specific. I can recommend this doctor and his office without exception.
Elgin, TX |
David has been my doctor for many years , an excellent doctor
in Austin, TX |
His PA, Dorothy Darby is also outstanding! I feel a lot of trust and confidence with this staff, so important with my serious health issues.
in Bastrop, TX |
Dr Terreson is an excellent cardiologist,very calm,very knowledgeable, and who explains things clearly. He is the cardiologist for all of our family.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. David Terreson is great doctor, he knows his stuff. He is also friendly and takes the time to help you understand his diagnosis. Seeing Dr. Terreson has become a family affair. He cared for my mother and then when my son had an infection he treated him and because of the quality care he gave them I chose to also have him as my cardiologist. Also, his staff is great, friendly, helpful and professional.
in Austin, TX |
Very positive experience. Every person I dealt with was both personable and professional. Dr Terreson comes across like an familiar friend and does very well at listening, analyzing test results, and explaining his reasoning for his conclusions and recommendations.
in Austin, TX |
I've had two open heart bypass surgeries in the last 10 years. The first one was a difficult recovery, the last one was smooth sailing. The difference to me is Dr. Terreson. He was the cardiologist for the second round and remains my cardiologist. He and his Nurse Practioner Ms Darby made all the difference.
in Giddings, TX |
Have been a patient about ten years and love the outstanding and professional service I receive. Would not hesitate recommend anyone looking for a cardiologist.
in Austin, TX |
I've always had great care at Cardio Texas. Dr Terreson is an especially knowledgeable and helpful cardiologist. John p Farrell
Austin, TX |
Dr. Terreson has been my cardiac physician over 12 years . His knowledge, ability to stay abreast with current research, communication skills, kindness, and dedication to help individuals have healthier lives is outstanding. As a thoughtful Christian, he listens to patients, asks good questions, and is always kind and caring. I trust his judgment completely. I leave knowing I have received the best advice available. His staff are well informed and helpful. I recommend him without hesitation.
in Texas |
Dr. Terreson and his health care team is a one of a kind practice. From the schedulers to reception staff and all providers, this is a patient friendly environment.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Terreson is always willing to take the time to answer all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a caring doctor.
in Bastrop, TX |
Very approachable and seems concerned about my welfare. He answers my questions and spends time discussing all aspects of my health. One of the few doctors that I really look forward to seeing each visit.
Have you seen Dr. David Terreson, MD?
Are you Dr. Terreson?

Visit Dr. Terreson

Dr. Terreson accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Round Rock, TX 78681
St. David's South Austin Medical Center
901 W Ben White Blvd
Austin, TX 78704

More Interventional Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Terreson at Cardio Texas, PLLC

Interventional Cardiology Specialist