Dr. David Swett Jr, MD

Dr. David Swett Jr, MD

Cardiology  |
Dr. David Swett Jr, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Marble Falls, TX. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Swett Jr is affiliated with St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's South Austin Medical Center, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin, St. David's Medical Center and St. David's Georgetown Hospital.

1800 Mormon Mill Rd Ste B

Marble Falls, TX 78654

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Swett Jr

See how frequently Dr. Swett Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Aortic Valve Disease
Chest Pain
Mitral Valve Disease

Dr. Swett Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Swett Jr "The Mission of Austin Heart is to provide exceptional cardiac and vascular care to every patient every day with a spirit of warmth, friendliness, and personal pride."

• Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Mitral Valve Disease

• Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement

• Post Graduate-Bridgeport Hospital
    Other Education | Completed 1975
  • Post Graduate-Yale University
    Other Education | Completed 1976

• The rationale for dietary management in patients with ischemic heat disease. The Exercising adult., 1987
  • Basic Ventilatory Responses to Different Exercise Modalities. Clinical Sports Medicine., 1984

• Italian

Dr. Swett Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swett Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Swett Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swett Jr to family and friends
Dr. Swett Jr's Performance
in Buchanan Dam, TX |
We have been patient's of Austin Heart - Marble Falls for many years, and have been seeing Dr. Swett for the last two years. As a retired RN that worked in several Cardiac ICU's, I can tell you he is absolutely a great cardiologist! And, the nurses, medical techs and front office personnel are wonderful! If you're looking for a 'heart doc', look no further!
in Cedar Park, TX |
Dr. Swett was very professional but made me feel comfortable and seemed to be sincerely Interested in helping me.. While others take you in, get you cured, get your money and get you out, he made me feel like he really "cared". Doctors like that are rare today.
in Blanco, TX |
Dr. Swett is very professional, thorough, and friendly. I would recommend him to all!
in Marble Falls, TX |
I am 81, retired male with heart problems. Dr. Sweet came highly recommended, I might add. He adjusted my meds and I feel much better. My large family very much appreciates what what he and Austin Heart has done for us. Sincerely, Cecil E Allee
in Cherokee |
Upon experiencing heart issues-I saw a cardiologist through Baylor Scott and White. She was not a positive experience and I continued to have health issues. I requested and received a second opinion to Austin Heart and thankfully was seen by Dr. Swett. He listened attentively and believed me about my symptoms. I am now back on the road to being healthy, thanks to his care. I would recommend Austin Heart and Dr. Swett to anyone seeking cardio care.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Very knowledgeable and is willing to listen about your other health concerns and evaluate your over all health based on that information and make his recommendation accordingly.
in Marble Falls, TX |
First of all he is the youngest 70 y/o I know ! He makes me feel better just being around him .He is a positive, courteous, listening, caring Doc and puts one at ease immediately. I have never felt rushed yet I have never had a long wait. He explains carefully his plan for treatment and medications. He has been my "Cardio" for a long time and I would not be happy with anyone else. I have and always will highly recommend Dr Swett to my friends. I have no family here but would certainly refer them
Humble, TX |
Very personable,on time , and easy to understand.
in kngsland tx |
He knows what he doing
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Swett and his staff were very courteous, very professional, and very informative. I would highly recommend him as he was also highly recommended to me.
in Kingsland, TX |
I have been a patient of Austin Heart for the last 8 years. This was my first appointment with Dr Swett as I have recently moved to the Marble Falls area from Round Rock. To say that I'm very happy with my interaction with him is an understatement. He took a lot of time going through my past medical history, offered detailed medical info/advice, and answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr. Swett is very personable and forthright. He explained that the reason for my referral was for a benign condition and allayed any doubt I had using hi-tech illustrations and verbal explanations.
in Granite Shoals TX |
We are really pleased, grateful, and relieved to have Doctor Swett to see for our Office Visits. Being referred to him was like seeing our Family Doctor we had for close to Forty years in our previous City. Hill Country Medicine is somewhat different than any we had seen before and took a little time to adjust to it. However, with visiting Dr. Swett we felt comfortable, are sure he knows the correct treatment for whatever complaint The Patient has at the time. He is friendly, easy to talk to.
in Horseshoe Bay, TX |
Dr. Has always been professional and treated me with courtesy. He has explained my condition and what I need to do in layman's terms and made sure that I clearly understood. I would recommend he to any friend.
in Burnet, Texas |
Would not trust anyone else with something so important! Trust David and his team completely. Highly recommend for your cardio physician.
in Marble Falls Tx. |
Very knowledgeable, takes time to explain everything and go over medicines that you are taking. Very good Doctor.
in Kingsland, TX |
Dr. Swett was very easy to talk to about my concerns. He took time to listen until I was through, then answered in a way that I could understand. Enjoyable experience for a visit to the doctor.
in Marble Falls, TX |
I been with Dr. almost 20 years and would never change he is well known in Marble Falls and I would recomment him all day long
Sunrise Beach, TX |
I would and have definitely recommend Dr. Swett to all friends as he was to me...He has helped me with heart and other health issues which I appreciate and spends time during office visit to explain all problems that I have encountered and might encounter....He is a great Doctor as well as nurse posting and ordering prescriptions and staff making appointments...Thank you!!
in Bluffton, Texas |
Dr. Swett is one of the most competent, patient and caring physicians I've come across. He listens carefully, responds thoughtfully and clearly, and assures that one understands the situation he is addressing. He makes clear my health problems, treatment options and prognosis. I have a great deal of confidence in his professional ability. He has an excellent "bedside" manner.
in Marble Falls TX. |
My wife was in for a visit that was very pleasant for both of us the whole staff was very friendly, the nurse and Dr. Swett. He was kind and patient with us in answering questions also explaining what was being done in the way of medical treatment along with some helpful suggestions. I recommend his service's to any who need it. Most of all I appreciated his willingness to spend some of his valuable time with us A big thank you to the whole crew
in Marble Falls, TX |
VERY FRIENDLY , ASK HOW YOU FEELING AND OR HAVING ANY PROBLEMS. TELL YOU WHAT , ALL THE NUMBERS MEAN, HE TELL EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO STAY IN GOOD HEALTH. HE A OUTSTANDING DOCTOR, THAT YOUR'E NOT AFRAID TO GO VISIT.
Brady, TX |
Takes his time. Explains things and is very patient.
Marble Falls, TX |
Dr. Swett and his staff are terrific. He listens and explains things so that they are well understood. I have been going to Austin Heart for 11 years and would highly recommend Dr. Swett. His nurse, Tara, is so kind, professional and a pleasure to see. Thank you Dr. Swett, Tara and staff.
in Marble Falls |
Dr Swett is a very personable man. He makes me feel relaxed visiting with him every time. He is Very informative as he passes on the results. Thank You Dr. Swett Gary Alderman
in Sunrise Beach |
I highly recommend Dr Swett to be your cardiologist. He is approachable, he listens to your concerns and questions and has decades of experience. The staff surrounding him are friendly and I had no problem getting an urgent need appointment within 24 hours of my call. When I had questions, his answers were easily understandable.
in Bluffton, TX |
I was first treated at Austin Heart in 2000. Since that time I have received superb care from Dr. Sweat and all Austin Heart doctors and medical staff that have treated me. They are the best.
in Marble Falls, TX |
I have confidence in Dr. Swett.
in Granite Shoals,TX |
My experience. At Dr Swett's office has always been excellent. Staff is friendly,efficient and thorough. Waiting time is minimal.
in Bertram, Texas |
Dr. David Swett is the absolute best cardiologist I have seen since my health problems began 8 years ago! He is an extremely good cardiologist, friendly, has never made a mistake in diagnosing my heart problems, and explains everything he is doing to you, and telling you why he is doing it. He will take all the time you need to explain your illness and what medicine or reason you have to get better. I have trusted him for 8 years, and am so very happy that I found a Great Doctor!
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr. Swett is an excellent doctor and he is willing to spend time with his patients to understand their concerns.
in Marble Falls, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Swett Jr. for almost 10 years now and he has always been friendly, informative, generous with his time, and always professional. I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Thanks Doc
in Spicewood, TX |
From the receptionist?, Doctor to the exit staff I was treated with a high level of medical expertise. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Swett and his staff to my family and friends.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Not only does he know what he is doing, he takes the time to explain. I feel that Dr. Swett is one of the better cardiologist in the hill country of Texas.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Five star MD. Very caring and thoughtful physician. I would highly recommend Dr. Swett to anyone seeking Cardiology care.
in Burnet, Texas |
Dr. Swett and his staff were so Very nice and friendly. It was easy to set up my appointment as well as my future appointment. He listened to me and heard my concerns. He also put me at ease and made me feel fairly certain my heart is ok, but I am still going to take the stress test to be sure. I would definitely recommend him with no hesitation.
Have you seen Dr. David Swett Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Swett Jr?

Visit Dr. Swett Jr

Dr. Swett Jr accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Swett Jr has admitting privileges