Dr. David Stoeckle, MD

Practices General Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 64 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Stoeckle is the type of doctor you see in old movies; kind, knowledgeable and jovial. He takes his time and makes sure you understand every procedure. You can tell he is experienced but he is not cocky. You really couldn't ask for a better doctor.
Author:
I got very lucky, Dr. Stoeckle was on duty at the Emergency Room when I came in, and he performed my surgery. He explained everything and answered all my questions. Being new to the area, I was not familiar with him prior to this experience. When telling the tale of my experience, the most common response I get is that I got at least one of the best and more than likely the best surgeon at the hospital! My experience with him before, during and after the surgery validates those opinions.
Author:
Dr.Stockle is the greatest.He takes time to listen and then recommends what needs to be done.He is my first choice when I need a surgeon.Also his staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
Author:
Everything went smoothly. I wanted someone experienced and finally found him. Being new to area I was relieved to finally do it and find the right doctor.
Author:
My surgery experience with Dr Stoeckle was excellent. I had a deep thigh muscle biopsy done five days ago and the wound is already almost healed. I did not experience any pain during the procedure and have had little pain since. I highly recommend Dr Stoeckle.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Stoeckle since 1991, with that said, I haven't ever had a problem with getting an appointment when needed and he is always very helpful and informative during my visits/exams. He is also an outstanding surgeon from my previous experience. If looking for a gastro surgeon, I would highly recommend Dr. Stoeckle.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Stoeckle since 2004. He is the only Surgeon I trust with any type of surgery, EGD and colonoscopy. He is a very caring and compassionate surgeon. I dread the day he retires.
Author:
Dr. Stoeckle has been my surgeon for over 30 years. When I brought my mother up to Blacksburg from Florida, he became her surgeon. I would recommend Dave Stoeckle to all my family and friends without reservation.
Author:
I am very confident in Dr. Stoeckl's professional services, advice and care.
Author:
He's great! Ice been to three CV other doctors who hurt CV me more than helping me. Not this Doctor, he got me fixed up very quickly and I am grateful.
Life saver for me
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Stoeckle for 18 years. During this time I have received excellent care. His knowledge and expertise cannot be duplicated. I have referred others to him, including my husband, and they have all had similar experiences! It goes without saying, I think he is the best!!!
Author:
There is no greater office that I would refer to my friends and family than Dr. Stoeckle's! The staff are always quick to get you in during an emergency, and are always there to greet you with a smile when you arrive. Dr. Stoeckle takes his time to listen carefully to all of your needs/symptoms, and is very knowledgeable in making recommendations for treatment. The care I have always received there has been outstanding, and I have always been made to feel more like family than a patient.
Author:
I have been his patient since 2009 and have had many procedures and he is the best and stay his patient
Author:
I have had several proceedures and one surgery done by Dr. Stoeckle and have found him to be thorough, positive, and accomplished . i am 72 years old and have retired from nursing and I am very careful in my choices concerning my health. We are lucky to have this surgeon in our area.
Author:
I have had several operations performed by Dr. Stoeckle, all with excellent results. I have enormous confidence in him. He's my go-to-guy! He always takes the time he needs to explain it all to me (and my wife on whom he has also operated)---that's why his waiting room is larger than the neighboring set of offices and nearly always full. I don't mind waiting because he is so good!
Author:
My wife and I travel from Draper to see Dr Stoeckle. He is heads above anyother doctor we've seen for gastric/colonoscopy issues. He always has time to listen to our concerns and is very professional in every area. Not only him, but we've always been treated respectfully by his staff. Wonderful job, Dr Stoekel...and thanks for all you do!
Author:
He is an excellent doctor.
Author:
Great staff compliments Dr Stockle's abilities. A doctor who tells you exactly what needs to be done. Is honest and forthright. Sometimes a Dr has to give you news you hope not to hear. Dr. Stockle does this with compassion and sincerity. I trust him completely and highly recommend him and his great staff.
Author:
Very personable, down to earth, experienced, knowledgeable, and efficient.
Author:
Dr. David Stoeckle, MD is the most caring, knowledgeable, empathetic, with the excellent powers of deductive reasoning of any doctor I've known in my 56 years. He saved my mother's life by persistent intensive investigation where he stayed on his day off in the x-ray lab himself for hours till he found the twist in her lower GI, missed by all the other doctors for the previous excruciatingly painful 48 hours, then immediately on a Friday evening called in his team for emergency surgery.
Author:
Dr David Stoeckle and his staff are an amazing blessed care givers. Dr Stoeckle saved my life in 2014 and again in July of this year. The care and respect I receive as soon as I walk in sometimes takes my breath away. I have told every one of my family members and friends about the care I receive from Dr Stoeckle. It is truly awesome! I am a disabled veteran and my Veterans Hospital where I have been going for almost 30 years has been beyond hurting me.
Author:
I was very happy with my medical care from Dr. Stoeckle and his office staff. My medical issue was explained clearly, and I was given options of what needed to happen. My tests were reviewed with both me and the radiologist at Lewis Gayle to alleviate my fears. I felt that Dr. Stoeckle listened to me and addressed each of my concerns. This was my first visit to Dr. Stoeckle's office. I was very pleased and felt good about having Dr. Stoeckle as my doctor.
Author:
I have found Dr David Stoeckle to be a caring surgeon.Both me and my husband have had Dr. Stoeckle to do surgery. We both feel he is the best.
Author:
Dr. Stoeckle is engaging, caring, competent. I would recommend him to family or friends.
Author:
I had suffered many years from Gerd. I found Dr Stoeckle-from a dear friend who suggested I go see him. I am 72 years old. I feel like a 20 year old person now---thanks to Dr Stoeckle. He is very knowledgeable about stomach issues. He takes time to listen. Don't waste time on medicine that only makes you sicker---from side effects. Thanks You Dr. Stoeckle!!!
Author:
I found Dr. Stoeckle very professional and easy to talk to. He wants to be sure you understand what will be happening during your procedure and puts you at ease.
Author:
i was a first time surgery patient, so at 72 yrs old, i was pretty "needy" when it came to dealing with a hernia operation. Dr. Stoeckle was recommended by my primary care folks and he and his team did not disappoint. First and foremost, his competence as a surgeon is impressive, but also his willingness to deal with me and especially his team's willingness to answer "nickle/dime" questions from this new-to-surgery patient.
Author:
Pre-registration and lab work scheduled quickly.
Author:
I would like to say that I feel very good in going to Dr. Stoeckle! He always makes me feel at ease and I know he is very interested in my well being and he always takes time to listen! When I was in the hospital he was in to see me every day to make sure I was OK. He even came in when he was on vacation I felt very good knowing that a new Dr. was not looking in on me. He is truly a Dedicated Professional and if I ever need another surgery or have to spend time in a hospital I want Dr. Stoeckle
Author:
He cares, he never gives up, he is always in control and he is there for you his patient 150%. He is a GREAT DOCTOR, TEACHER, AND HUMAN BEING OF HIGH COMPASSION!
Author:
Dr. Stoeckle did a great job with my surgery. He made it easy to do what I needed to in order to heal. I wouldn't take anyone else! He doesn't have the easiest bedside manner, but if you want an excellent surgeon and don't care about a little bit of gruff, then Dr. Stoeckle is the guy for you!
Author:
He's a great doctor after seeing 2 other doctors that did not know....I went to him he knew the problem right away & he explains your medical problem so you can understand what's going on.
Author:
I would not consider any other doctor but Dr. Stoeckle. He takes the time to explain any questions you may have. I have had him as my doctor for 11 years! He is a very caring doctor! I trust what he says and he has done a wonderful job treating my medical conditions.
Author:
He took care of me after I had emergency room visits and was wonderful. Made me feel confident that he could fix things. Wonderful bedside manner. I would recommend him to ANYONE.
Author:
Dr. Steockle is a world-class surgeon who operated on many of our family members over the years. We are so lucky to have someone of his skill, dedication, and compassion in the region! I know of many people whose lives he saved. He personally has removed skin lesions from me, and he and his staff were always super professional, competent and effective in removing the growths. His skill and expertise are in extremely high demand, so sometimes you have to wait for him but it is ALWAYS worth it!