Ophthalmology  |
Dr. David Steinberg, MD
Dr. David Steinberg, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Fishkill, NY. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

Precision Eye and Laser

1401 Route 52 Ste 200

Fishkill, NY 12524

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Steinberg

Dr. Steinberg's goal is providing the highest quality of eye care with advanced technology and a personal touch.

Dr. Steinberg's Experience

Dr. Steinberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Stony Brook Univ Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Danbury Hospital

Dr. Steinberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Steinberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Steinberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Steinberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Steinberg to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Steinberg's Performance
    GOOD
I would not recommend Dr. Steinberg to anyone, there is nothing worse when a Dr. will not listen when you know your own child and are just trying to advocate for them. He became quite defensive when I didn't agree and questioned my parenting skills. I am a school nurse and will not be referring our students to this office. However, the office staff was courteous and wait time was fair.
He is knowledgable and offered a comprehensive exam each of the few times I went to him. My issue is his “front end” staff. They are rude and uncooperative-- esp. as it regards sending insurance information. When my insurance co. claimed to have not received info. and I called to request having it re-sent again, they wouldn’t let me convey my point--kept talking over me-- and hung up. Staff in my new eye ctr. have heard similar stories... They also make transferring records near impossible!
hatboro, pa |
He's terrible. I called the emergency line. He told me it wasn't an emergeny and I was interfering with his home life. I'm having trouble seeing and I needed possible additional meds He was rude and unprofessional. Never in my 61 years ever experienced this type of no caring - animal like behavior from any doctor His office is run like a merry go round It's all about the money He's arrogant , cold - A use car sakes mean would have more manners. Do not use this doctor under any condition.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
I had two eye surgeries done by Dr Steinberg. The office team, the surgical team and Dr Steinberg were all excellent. They are all very professional and caring.
in Poughquag NY |
I went for my evaluation with Dr Steinberg and I was told I was a good candidate for a multi focal lens (which I paid over $2000 for because the insurance didn't cover it) but he told me I wouldn't need glasses or contacts after surgery so I was excited about that. Unfortunately his measurements were wrong and he over corrected me. I no longer see well near or far in that eye. I had one issue after the other then he suggested he do an enhancement to correct my vision. I never went back!!
Hyde Park, NY |
I found Dr. Steinberg and his Staff very efficient and professional. I had Cataract Surgery done on both of my eyes Dec-Jan. 2017 and it's the 3rd Day after the 2nd Eye Surgery, and I am very satisfied and very happy so far. I didn't really do my research, BUT I Prayed, and asked a lot of questions, which were answered honestly, because of my Post-Op. Healing experience. I started seeing the same day. The 2nd Day, I was Amazed!!! It appears I never seen this well all my life. Thank You All!!!
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
I am a concerned friend of a patient. I find him to be cold and clinical and he doesn't explain things in a way that a lay person would understand. He is a one provider practice, but morning or afternoon his waiting room is packed. I have seen his office staff basically refuse to let patients see him unless they make payment. His office staff is trained to hound patients to schedule surgery. Yet, he is always tan from being on vacation.
in Fishkill, NY |
Dr. Is fast and spend very little time with patients. Feels like conveyorbelt medicine. X
Poughkeepsie, NY |
Promised something during the appointment, however once it came down to actually doing it, approached his staff and reminded for several days until I physically came in and they said it couldn't be done. Disappointing and wasting people's time.
in Dutchess County, NY |
I have to say that some of staff members are extremely nice, but the billing representative really needs to work on her people skills. No disrespect, but I find her somewhat unprofessional.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
My father was a patient of Dr. Steinberg. Dr. Steinberg had absolutely no bedside manner and his office staff is rude. After the visit, my father sought a second opinion and asked to have his medical records sent to the new provider. All of the necessary HIPPA forms were completed for the disclosure of the records. A number of phone calls were made to the office, a letter was written requesting the disclosure and a personal visit to the office was made. All efforts have been fruitless.
in Hopewell Junction, New York |
He is awesome!.. I am ecstatic with my 2 eye cataract surgery results. KUDOS to, him!
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Very efficient, he was courteous top me and explained everything somewhat clearly.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Steinberg is one you trust with your most precious organ Eyes. He listens to you uninterrupted. He spends time with you and answers all your questions. .
Have you seen Dr. David Steinberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Steinberg?

Visit Dr. Steinberg

Dr. Steinberg accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO