Dr. David Spivey, MD

Pain MedicineMaleAge 69

Dr. Spivey

Preferred Pain Management

1511 Westover Ter Ste 107 Greensboro, NC 27408

Dr. David Spivey, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Greensboro, NC. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital and Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Spivey to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

• Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Phantom Limb Pain
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Spivey accepts

Dr. Spivey accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Spivey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Spivey

2.3

31.372549019607842%

Dr. Spivey
I can only assume since my previous comments have not been printed that the truth about this physician supposedly competent medical doctor can't be told or printed. I truly do not think that the above physician should be allowed to handle anything sharp. DR D. Spivey is uncaring and to put it bluntly inherently dangerous to anyone around him if he has anything that can pierce skin. I gave this physician a ( 1 ) out of a possible( 1-10 ) for one reason and one reason only is that you don't offer negative numbers and that is the only way I can see to speak the truth. If I am being to blunt I am sorry you try him out so you can be in agony for the forceable future or possibly the rest of your life.
S. Moore – Dec 04, 2020
I saw Dr Spivey for pain management. He after a x-ray recommended a kyphoplasty. Dr Spivey stated that this procedure was completely painless and that the day after the procedure I would most likely forget the procedure all together. he also made a handshake promise that as soon as my insurance paid off he would forgive all charges that were my 20% which would have been $ 1,300.00 As soon as I got home I was in agony. I tried to get ahold of Dr Spivey for some assistance with pain. I received no assistance at all except a answering machine which was the nurses hot line and no call back. In my opinion he just doesn't follow the hipocratic oath (to do no harm) He is just interested in lining his own pockets with insurance money. My insurance company paid him $17,000.00 for 35 minutes of his time. I recommendation is that if you are in need please find anyone else.
  • Long wait times
Dec 02, 2020
I got injections in my back and had a lot of relief. He is a very caring doctor.
Oct 18, 2020
Everyone is very concerned about my health and safety. They lessen my pain in a safe manner.
Steven Taylor – Oct 18, 2020
Staff was not friendly or approachable. Day of appointment I was not told Dr. Spivey would not be in advanced, so going in was just a waste. In so much pain, no one could write a prescription. Called a week before about this pain. Had to wait a week and yet he was not there on the day scheduled. Will not ever go back. Finding another pain doctor!
Leon Guy – Aug 26, 2020
I have been a patient of Dr Spivey for SEVERAL years and have nothing but high marks for him. He has always been friendly and ready to spend the necessary time with you and answer any questions you may have . In fact , everyone, Michael his P.A., the receptionists, the nurses -- I could not ask for anyone to be anymore accommodating. I would highly recommend anyone with pain issues to consider Preferred Pain Management for assistance. V Prim Aug 5, 2020
Aug 06, 2020
Dr. David Spivey and all staff are knowlwdgeable and warm. Before I saw DR. Spivey I was @ a 7 or 8 on the 10 point pain scale. Once I started treament with Him, I am now down to an average of 2 or 3 on the same pain scale. I have had several procedures , most recent I received a neurostimulator implant, this has worked like a miracle on my neck and back pain. I take very little medication compared to what I one time was taking, I am so Grateful to Dr. Spivey and His wonderful staff!
becky sullivan – Dec 11, 2019
Dr. Spivey has always been very professional and does a great job of explaining my treatments and getting me in and out promptly. Also the staff is so friendly and extremely competent.
Oct 25, 2019
Excellent medical care..!!!
Oct 24, 2019
Great service. All the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Oct 21, 2019
I have read some of the reviews for Dr. Spivey and his staff on this site and almost had to wonder if they were about the wrong doctor. I don't know if the majority of the reviews were about the Highpoint office or if the reviews were from people that were just seeking pain meds and pissed off they didn't get them or they had to take a urine test to do so. I have been taking my mother to Dr. Spivey's Greensboro office for over two years. They have treated my mother for back, hip and knee pain as well as degenerative arthritis. During that time I have accompanied my mother into the patient rooms as well as the treatment rooms (every time!). I have never found the staff, receptionists and Dr.Spivey to be anything other than friendly and caring professionals. The facilities have always been clean and well maintained. I love and care for my mother with all my heart and being. I would never take her to a physician's office as described in the other reviews on this site.
Rusty J./Joan H. in Liberty – Oct 19, 2019
Rudest, mean tempered group of people I’ve ever experienced. Not a smile from receptionist,nurse, PA or doctor. They all look miserable, and make you feel the same. Stay away. They treat you like you less than.......plus there was always pee everywhere in the bathroom.....worst experience ever anywhere
Dec 30, 2018
not a compassinate doctor at all. does not want to hear what you have to say. I always felt like he didn't beleive that I was actually in pain.
  • Long wait times
Nov 02, 2018
I would NOT recommend anyone to Dr. Spivey. They don't want to have anything to do with you if you have Aetna Medicare and have a disability. They would not schedule a follow-up visit to answer any of my questions from EMG/Nerve Conduction Velocity study. They will not allow family members into examining room so there is no witness to how he talks to his patients. I was sure hoping this place would be able to help me cause I am suffering. Shame on this place. Wish I had a Positive experience!
Ray – Jul 16, 2018
I would leave a 0 rating, if possible. Dr. Spivey is an admitted drug addict that lost his CA medical license and operates under a restricted NC license. He is subject to random drug testing himself. He treats his patients terribly and will not allow family members into examining room so there is no witness to how he talks to his patience. It's a shame the rest of his staff are great. But this Dr. should not be allowed to practice anywhere.
Jul 04, 2018
I would NOT recommend anyone to this office. I have an issue with pain in my tailbone. Dr. Spivey saw me for a consult, he suspected it was the ligaments in that area and wanted to do an injection. He ordered an MRI to rule anything else out. The MRI actually showed a hyperintense lesion (cyst) in the bone. Instead of speaking with me directly he had his nurse or assistant Donna contact me to just schedule the injection. He would not schedule a follow up visit to answer any of my questions.
Apr 18, 2018
Dr. Spivey and his office could not have been more helpful. He was able to help diagnose my problem and get me on my way to recovery.
Patrick Sizemore in Clemmons NC – Mar 25, 2018
I have FMS, degenerative disc disease, bilateral carpal tunnel, central sensitization & facet joint arthropathy. Dr. Spivey & the PPM team successfully diagnosed the last four of these. His treatment (radio frequency ablation) has enabled me to walk without canes again! I have gone from being 100% disabled by constant pain to working full time. The difference that's made in quality and joy of life is priceless. I unreservedly recommend Dr. Spivey & Preferred Pain Management.
Cecil M in Wilkesboro, NC – Dec 11, 2017
I had degenerative discs in my neck, and physical therapy wasn’t working anymore. My neurosurgeon wanted to fuse my discs, but I said no. After doing months of research on Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Dr. Spivey is the only doctor I found that does PRP injections. He did PRP injections in my neck, and knowing it would take time before I notice a difference, after four weeks I had my life back. No more pain in my neck or shooting pain in my shoulder and arm. I am pain free. Thank you Dr. Spivey,
Chris Elias in Winston Salem, NC – Nov 21, 2017
If u want a Dr that looks at the computer screen the whole time and only ask questions from there. Or who doesn't care about past treatments u have had this is th Dr for u
Lexington nc – Aug 15, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Spivey?

At Preferred Pain Management & Spine Care, PA, we feel each individual is the best judge of his or her own pain. Our medical staff takes a multidisciplinary...Read more

• Pain Medicine