Dr. David Sonego, MD

Dr. David Sonego, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. David Sonego, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Mishawaka, IN. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

230 E Day Rd Ste 160

Mishawaka, IN 46545

• Guardian
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Sonego

See how frequently Dr. Sonego performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Anxiety
Phobia
high

Dr. Sonego's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anorexia
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Sonego has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sonego does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sonego and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sonego's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sonego to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Sonego's Performance
    GOOD
South Bend, IN |
Arrogant. More concerned with being right than being helpful. His closed mind has kept him from learning. Psychiatrists like him are dangerous. He abandons people who trust him. Once he decides on your diagnosis, you get meds and one of his psychologists to do the work...who are even more ignorant. If you can find a dr. who will do your meds AND talk to you (good luck these days), give them a shot. Psychiatry used to be a noble profession. Not anymore.
in Mishawaka, IN |
I had seen doctor Sonego for 12 yrs. I had to stop seeing him because my insurance changed and they don't accept anthem. After 5 yrs of searching for a psych even close to comparison to Dr. Sonego I am seriously thinking about paying the money without insurance to see him. He is thorough, caring, and knows his stuff.
Granger, IN |
In our first appointment I told him of my diagnosis and medications. We then spoke for an hour about my health, mood, past experiences and treatments, symptoms.... everything you could think of. He told me he believed I had been misdiagnosed and after speaking with him and my counselor we worked together to get me off the medications I'd been taking for 10 years, and on to the appropriate treatment plan. I haven't felt this well and functional in years and I have Dr. Sonego to thank for that.
South Bend, IN |
Dr. Sonego is terrible. He would keep me waiting for 45 minutes. He never spent more than 20 minutes with me. I have generalized anxiety disorder and he prescribed me meds for a misdiagnoses, by a psychotherapist in his office who is beyond terrible, of ADHD which caused me to have massive panic attacks. Do not waste your time and money with this bozo. He doesn't care about the well being of his patients. He cares about the money and that is all. Everything about this practice disgusts me.
Dr Sonego is amazing. I was nervous and scared going into my first appointment, but within minutes I was at ease. He told me what was going on. He prescribed a medication and told me all of the good and bad things about it. And after that he monitored me and changed the dosage until I felt like me again. I would recommend him to anyone!
Have you seen Dr. David Sonego, MD?
Are you Dr. Sonego?