Dr. David Snook, MD

Dr. David Snook, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. David Snook, MD is a dermatologist in Leominster, MA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine in 1984 and specializes in dermatology.Read his story

165 Mill St

Leominster, MA 01453

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Snook

See how frequently Dr. Snook performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dry Skin
Dermatitis
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. Snook's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Snook's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Snook "As a dermatologist at Reliant Medical Group, Dr. David Snook enjoys helping people get over their skin problems. His warm personality and friendly manner help put his patients at ease. "Treating people the way I would want to be treated is definitely the way I approach things. I try to treat my patients as if they were a member of my own family." Dr. Snook believes in making his patients a key part of the treatment process. "Oftentimes, we have more than one treatment option and then we discuss them in detail and the patient helps determine which direction we should go in. Ultimately, the patient needs to be confident in the treatment plan – that's very important for success." Dr. Snook is excited about the new innovations that have transformed dermatology therapy. "There's been a lot of progress. For example, we have a large number of new treatments for psoriasis that we couldn't even imagine ten years ago. Research has shown that psoriasis is really a disease of the immune and inflammatory system. It is believed that it is caused by an overactivity of T-cell lymphocytes, a specific white blood cell in the skin. The new bio-engineered treatments we use for psoriasis do a great job of keeping it under control, which has made a big difference for a lot of people." Dr. Snook truly enjoys practicing dermatology each day. "It is really a fun specialty, I really enjoy treating people of all ages. We do everything from prescribe creams in dermatology to practicing surgery, so the variety of the practice is very interesting. Most importantly, I can really improve the quality of life with most of my patients and that's very satisfying." Dr. Snook has a special interest in skin cancer and performs all different kinds of skin cancer removals. "When dealing with skin cancer we pick the way of removal that is most appropriate for the type of cancer, the cancer location, and the patient's preference. We have different methods and they all have their place. In addition, we take into consideration the aesthetics of the surgery for the patient, and try to minimize any scarring." Like other dermatologists, Dr. Snook has seen a lot more cases of melanoma in recent years. "The statistics for melanoma (a potentially deadly type of skin cancer) suggest that almost 1 in 90 people at some point in their life will be diagnosed with it. The good news is that we are seeing people in the early stage of the disease where the cure rate is very high. That's why it's always a good idea to have a yearly skin cancer screening if you've had a lot of sun exposure during your life." Dr. Snook finds great satisfaction in helping his patients. "As a dermatologist, you really get to see the results of your work. I have treated people with horrible rashes and been able to help them tremendously. I have also diagnosed and removed skin cancers that have helped save people's lives. So, it's really a very rewarding profession to work in." Dr. Snook also enjoys being a part of the Division of Dermatology at Reliant Medical Group. "At Reliant Medical Group, we have seamless interaction with other Reliant Medical Group physicians, and that makes it very easy to practice here. I have easy access to tests on my computer and can pick up the phone at any time to talk to another doctor. It's a very efficient environment to work in and allows me to offer really great care to my patients.""

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • New England Deaconess Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Brown University Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Snook has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Snook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Snook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Snook's Reviews