Dr. David Smith, MD

Practices Neurology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 72 reviews.
Author:
I saw Dr. Smith for a few years for headaches and post concussive symptoms. He was the first doctor to listen compassionately to my symptoms and take the time to put the pieces together. He does not just look for band-aid fixes. Yes, you will wait for a long time but to me, the wait was always worth it. I would rather wait and get the quality care than pay a ton for a 15 min appointment at a typical Dr office only to have more pain meds prescribed. Doctor of honor who stands for what he believes
Author:
I saw Dr. Smith for several years and he helped me more than any doctor I had at the time. He took the time to listen to what I said and was genuinely concerned about my health problems. He found illnesses, through blood work, that no other doctor could find and treated them in order to help me feel better so that I could function better. He is a superb doctor with an encyclopedic mind and I'm sorry he's not practicing in Rochester any longer.
Author:
I saw Dr. Smith for several years and endured waits in the waiting room for 2 hours or more. He insisted he could cure my migraines. Instead I am addicted to Lyrica. I was dependent on Stadol, but got off that. In the end , my migraines were no better. In fact, I was worse. Migraines are not curable, but can be controlled.
Author:
Run to a different doctor!
Author:
I cannot say enough about this doctor. He truly cares about his patients and you are not just another patient walking though the door. I have never met a doctor like him nor do I think I will ever. He goes above and beyond to get a diagnosis and treatment.
Author:
Always took the time to listen to me and address my concerns and questions. Sorry to see him moving out of state because he was the best Neurologist in town. I know I will not find another great doctor to take over my medical treatment.
Author:
Proceed with caution. There is a reason he no longer takes health insurance. I hope this comment protects someone.
Author:
Dr. Smith is one of the few doctors left that are in practice for the right reasons. He generally cares for his patients. He takes the time to listen. He will not just throw a diagnosis out at you in order to bill an insurance company. In fact, a diagnosis is not something he takes lightly. He will rule out one thing at a time. Each person is like an intricate puzzle that he takes pride in being able to solve. I would highly recommend Dr. Smith, especially if you are looking for answers.
Author:
Very pleasant man, and he listened to me without any time constraint. I am on my road to recovery and can not imagine having doing so well with out his help and guidance. He was able to pin point the source of my multiple issues quickly and get me the help I needed for treatment.
Author:
Total waste of my time and money. I was in search of a new PCP because mine retired. I called the office and was told he could provide this service. When I went for my initial appointment, I was told I needed to take a 10 day trial of Ambien and that if I wasn't willing to do this that I couldn't come back. This cost me $500.00 which wasn't covered by my insurance. He said he felt really bad having to charge me but still did it anyway.
Author:
A problem of long standing was resolved relatively simply.