Dr. David Simpson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 55

Dr. Simpson

The Center for Bone and Joint Surgery of Palm Beaches

440 N State Road 7 Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411

Dr. David Simpson, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Royal Palm Beach, FL and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Simpson has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm, Elbow, and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Maryland School Of Medicine medical school in 1991. He is affiliated with Bethesda Hospital East. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Simpson to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Simpson with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at JFK Medical Center North Campus.

Make an appointment at JFK Medical Center North Campus today at (561) 408-4952.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of JFK Medical Center North Campus.

Dr. Simpson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Simpson

3.2

49.20634920634921%
6.349206349206349%

Dr. Simpson?
He is great the front office staff is surly and rude
May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Great doctor. Great doctor's assistant. SURLY and RUDE front office staff. They act like they are doing you a favor by talking to you. Too bad because Dr. Simpson is a wonderful and caring doctor.
May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Dr Simpson saw my 75 year old husband who is in great shape except for a painful shoulder. The Doc was a bit abrupt, but made it clear that the xrays and MRI disclosed a VERY large rotator cuff tear that could be fixed successfully with state of the art methods. It would be a painful recovery and require a sling for 6 weeks. The 1st 2 weeks were very painful, but after 6 weeks the shoulder is almost healed and he needed a few Tylenols during rehab.. We found Dr Simpson to be a HIGHLY SKILLED SURGEON with lots of experience and the staff is competent. We would have given 5 stars, but yes, his bedside manner could use improvement. I highly recommend him for shoulder problems. He won't operate if he can't achieve good results for his patients. My husband said he wanted a shoulder fix, not marriage.
Amy W – Mar 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
This is about his front office staff. My mother needs to determine whether cancer has spread to her bones & he sent her to get an MRI. Her insurance company requested the records from his office & we followed the paper trail to his office which has the record. A week after the request was made, we went to his office after at least 2 attempts to call Dr. Simpson's office to get the medical record sent. The first woman we met was wearing headphones & gave the expression that I was bothering her. The next woman I dealt with similarly lacked empathy. She told us she had never received the request for the notes & was giving us the physical record to take to DCA. I pointed out to her that my mother was wearing a heart monitor, was at risk of a stroke, & that we went to get it done but were turned away once because the medical notes were not received, & asked if she would fax. She continued to lack empathy. Her first response should have been to fax to DCA Empathy in medicine is required.
Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Anyone leaving a positive review of this Doctor, in my opinion is a fake review! Doctor Simpson had no interest or concern for the pain I was in even though I had an MRI which revealed 2 tears in the shoulder. He would not even look me in the eye and just proclaimed I should not be in that much pain from these tears as they are relatively small. He further stated there was nothing he can do, and I should just go get a second opinion. I had a second and a third opinion and both of them diagnosed me as needing surgery as well as having "frozen shoulder" which compounded the need for surgery. Both of the other Doctors proclaimed there is no reason for me to have to live in pain and both had a level of sympathy, empathy and concern that Dr. Simpson simply does not have.
In Pain – Dec 08, 2019
Horrible office!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
FL – Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
I brought my mother to this doctors office and it was a disaster. We left 4messages on Friday another 2on Monday finally saw him and he told my mother she needs shoulder surgery but she would not make it off the table this is what you tell a patient that just survived breast cancer terrible person no bedside manner won’t be back
HORRIBLE PERSON! – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson is the best! He explained everything that would happen from the time I arrived at the surgical center, until the time I arrived back home. I was quite nervous going in, but after he explained everything, I trusted him 100%. He was always very nice, but most important, he is a very talented surgeon. I had my rotor cuff surgery 12/27/18, and finished with therapy at the beginning of March 2019. I feel great!! Thank you Dr. Simpson!
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
His main concern is about getting paid and not patient care. He's not very nice to his staff which tells alot about someone.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Saw Dr. David Simpson for a consult regarding ACL surgery. He was very thorough and attentive. He was extremely nice and professional. Answered all of my questions/concerns; he went over several medical records without hesitation and spent enough time with me. I would recommend Dr. Simpson.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson performed surgery on my knee to repair a torn meniscus. He and his team did an excellent job with the surgery and the post-op follow-up. I have no reservations in recommending him and can attest to his professionalism, dedication, and courtesy.
  • Long wait times
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Terrible doctor. I dislocated my shoulder twice. This second time he said that the emergency room doctor and the radiologist are morons and can’t do there job. He didn’t even look at X-ray from hospital. Has a bad temper when you question his diagnosis. Never a wait to see him, I always wondered why there was only one other person in waiting room every time I went. His ego is more important. Do yourself a favor go somewhere else.
Dislocated shoulder – Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
I want to thank Doctor D Simpson for his excellent job for his time and for his help. I was worried about going to see the Doctor, but ones I was there I was at ease his staff Rachel and everyone else was very keeping informed and proving awesome care to me. I thank Y’all for everything... MAgosto
M Agosto in Boynton Beach – Feb 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
My father had a surgery on 12/1/17 by Dr. Simpson at Bethesda Hospital. I could have not ask for a better surgeon for my father. he really did a good job and also a very caring doctor. If I would ever have to have a surgery I would choose to have it done by Dr. Simpson.
Dell Jordan in Lake Worth, FL – Dec 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
I broke my hip. I went to Bethesda East ER and was assigned to Dr. Simpson. Dr. Simpson took time to explain where the fracture was, and what options were available. Decided that a replacement 'neck and ball' was the best option for me. Dr. Simpson's staff in the OR was phenomenal as was the surgery. I was walking in less than 12 hours. Dr. Simpson had daily positive follow ups. The office staff was truly caring. I would 110% recommend Dr. Simpson and his staff to anyone needing Orthopedic care.
Mary Hubbell in Boynton Beach, FL – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
I just saw Dr Simpson this week. I found the office staff, his assistant and the doctor to be cordial and informative. The doctor told me what he found in my x-rays and exam and what were the best options. He described what he was doing before he did it. I don't understand the negative reviews. My experience was extremely positive.
Jerry Lieberman in boynton beach, fl – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson did a shoulder replacement 2/4/17. He could not have been more caring. He answered any questions my family and I had. I would highly recommend him.
Carole albert in Boynton Beach, FL – Feb 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson did my arthroscopic hip surgery to repair my torn labrum. I am a young professional athlete with a high impact on my hips so it was imperative for me that this surgery was performed well. Today, I am 9 months post op and at this point my hip is perfect! He may not have the best bed side manner, but that isn't important to me. What is important are his skills and experience as a surgeon and they are spectacular. I recommend Dr. Simpson to all of my sports colleagues, he's that good.
Nicole in Boca Raton, FL – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Dr.Simpson & his staff were so friendly the 1st visit BUT on 2nd visit he was not only mean to me when he walked in & said "Why are you here? I told you I would never operate on your metal prong that broke off a piton anchor ."My initial surgery was 6 years prior with Pedro Piza who I didn't want to go back to & didn't sue.While waiting to pay my copay he started yelling at 2 different girls in front of me.The metal prong that broke off had nothing to do with what Piza did to me.I was crushed !!
Tina H. in Boynton Beach, FL – Nov 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?
Met Dr Simpson for the first time last week and liked him immediately. Went back today for my pre-op appt and liked him even more. He answered every question I had. Spent a lot of time with me and did not make me feel rushed at all. He put my mind at ease and I have so much confidence in him. His staff is great. They are all friendly and smile, which is a plus. I highly recommend him!!!
Marilyn S in West Palm Beach, FL – Sep 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Simpson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Simpson?

David Simpson, MD is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who was fellowship trained in sports medicine. Dr. Simpson has advanced training in arthroscopic...Read more

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine