Dr. David R. Silvers, MD

Dr. David R. Silvers, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Metairie Gastroenterology 4228 Houma Blvd Ste 120, Metairie, LA 70006 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Silvers' Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Silvers' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Silvers

Dr. Silvers accepts 26 insurance carriers

26 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Silvers has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Silvers

Dr. Silvers' Review Details
4.5 based on 35 responses
Experience with Dr. Silvers
Dr. Silvers' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (30)
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Silvers is very thorough and they share all the information you need so that you can understand your health issues. He is terrific and I appreciate the feedback that he provides that most doctors don't.
in Kenner, LA |
Dr. Silvers is the consumate physical in that he conveys his sincere interest in your health and well being, is willing to take all the time necessary to explain his medical procedures and treatments, and his smile is constant and sense of humor ever present and very much appreciated. He is everything a doctor should be and much more. And his staff is very upbeat, friendly, engaging, polite, helpful, and extremely efficient. I couldn't hope for a more positive setting for health care.
in Rantoul, IL |
Where do I start ? when I first met. I was in the lowest part of my life was newrced small daughter I had a lot of stomach trouble he was there for me and found the problem, and treated me he even remove my gallbladder. he would come see me in the hospital and encourage me to be the best I could be I am now a published author and have lost a hundred thirty pounds he is the best and kindest Fashion World I now live in Illinois no longer Metairie I hope to see him again someday to say thanks+
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Silvers is the BEST doctor in town. He always takes time to listen to patients, and always gives the best care. I would never trust anyone else with my health.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Silvers has been the doctor we all go to. He is magnificent. He cares, he shows it and he is very thorough.
in Destrehan, LA |
Dr. Silvers makes you feel like you are is only patient. He always takes his time to answer your questions and concerns. His staff is very friendly and prompt in returning your calls. As far as I am concerned their is no other Dr I would trust with my health or my families.
in Slidell, LA |
I have seen many Dr's for my stomach issues until i found Dr Slivers now I am a patient for life. He makes sure that I understand everything and all of my questions are answered before I leave his office. And the office staff is wonderful, very friendly.
Have you seen Dr. David R. Silvers, MD?
Are you Dr. David R. Silvers, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Gastroenterology
  • Hepatology

Why It Matters: Dr. Silvers' Board Certifications

• Gastroenterology

Dr. Silvers says..

I have been treating patients with inflammatory bowel disease, namely Crohn's disease and Ulcerative colitis for over 30 years. I continue to do research in this area and serve as a principle investigator on several clinical trials to help develop newer and better treatments for these conditions. My goal is to treat the entire patient and not just the disease state on in a personal and compassionate manner.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Silvers says..

I started performing endoscopy and colonoscopy in the early days of optical examinations where the doctor looked into the scope and had a birds eye view of the area being examined. Over the years, technology has progressed so that we are now able to view the gastrointestinal tract using enhanced electronics and high definition monitoring  to provide an incredibly higher quality and more optimal examination. Having performed over 50,000 endoscopic and colonoscopic examinations and removed thousands of polyps, I have developed superior techniques and skill in the field of gastroenterology.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Manometry
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Weight Loss Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Tulane University School Of Medicine

Tulane University Of Louisiana

Graduated in 1972

University Of New Orleans Masters In Science

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Silvers has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Silvers does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Silvers and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Silvers' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Silvers

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Silvers' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Silvers

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Silvers' Care Philosophy

I and my staff strive to provide caring, professional and personal service to all patients. I welcome family conferences and provide the support that they need. My years of extensive clinical research and practice have made me an expert in the field of gastroenterology and my goal is to provide the most up to date care in a friendly and compassionate manner. My philosophy is to treat each patient the same way that I would want to be treated.

Dr. Silvers says...