Dr. David Silver, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Northwest Primary Care 6327 SE Milwaukie Ave Portland, OR 97202 Get Directions
Dr. David Silver, MD

I've always wanted to make a difference. A career in medicine requires a commitment I have never taken lightly. My practice has underscored this. I am guided by the challenge to stay current and to provide the optimal quality of care. I see patients from birth to advanced age with the entire variety of medical issues that come with being human. I view my patients as individuals who live in a community. Sometimes the local community (or family) is integral to the care of the patient. Our staff helps to connect individuals with community resources when appropriate. When specialty care is necessary, I refer to physicians I know and trust and I remain involved in coordinating care so that I can maintain my role with the patient as a trusted partner. I firmly believe that our practice at Northwest Primary Care promotes and suppports high quality, convenient and patient-oriented medical care. I am proud to have spent my career with this group and to be a member of this team.

...See Less

Dr. Silver's Care Philosophy

In addition to following the latest practice guidelines, I stress to my patients the factors that only THEY can impact, whether it is tobacco, diet, alcohol, recreational drug use or lifestyle choices--exercise, sleep, relationships, stress. Few people recognize how much influence their choices have on their health. I try to bring in experts who can help to improve the quality of my patients' lives all the while being mindful of the cost and sustainable nature of care. The ability to develop a trusting relationship with patients of all ages is my goal and remains the foundation for a successful partnership. Despite the pressure of the consumer driven approach to medical care, I believe that the continuity of a relationship between physician and patient leads to the best and most satisfying outcomes.

Dr. Silver's Experience

See how Dr. Silver's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Silver

Dr. Silver accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Silver is now accepting new patients
Sellwood Clinic6327 SE Milwaukie Ave
Portland, OR 97202
(503) 659-4988Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Silver has admitting privileges.

Dr. Silver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Silver to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Silver Says:

Thank you for taking the time to answer the patient satisfaction survey.  Your responses help me to be a better partner in your healthcare.

Thank you!

David Silver MD

Dr. Silver's Performance
in Portland, OR |
Been meaning to write this review for a while. About 3.5 years ago, went in to NWPC clinic and saw Dr. Silver for first time regarding some intestinal issues I'd been having but hadn't gotten any answers for. Within 5 minutes of meeting me, he was trying to prescribe me anti-depressants, rather forcefully, despite me insisting I felt fine mentally. For me, Dr. Silver represents everything wrong with modern doctors. I would not go back to that clinic.
in Milwaukie, OR |
Dr Silver is the best! My parents have gone to him for years and we have always found him to be patient, understanding and practical in his approach to medicine. Couldn't ask for better!
Portland, OR |
Curt terse and condescending The elitest hat trick
Have you seen Dr. David Silver, MD?
Are you Dr. Silver?

Compare Dr. Silver

Dr. Silver says...

I've always wanted to make a difference.  A career in medicine requires a commitment I have never taken lightly.  My practice has underscored this.  I am guided by the challenge to stay current and to provide the optimal quality of care.

I see patients from birth to advanced age with the entire variety of medical issues that come with being human.   I view my patients as individuals who live in a community.  Sometimes  the local community (or family) is integral to the care of the patient.  Our staff helps to connect individuals with community resources when appropriate.  When specialty care is necessary, I refer to physicians I know and trust and I remain involved in coordinating care so that I can maintain my role with the patient as a trusted partner.

I firmly believe that our practice at Northwest Primary Care promotes and suppports high quality, convenient and patient-oriented medical care.  I am proud to have spent my career with this group and to be a member of this team.

Dr. Silver's Care Philosophy

In addition to following the latest practice guidelines, I stress to my patients the factors that only THEY can impact, whether it is tobacco, diet, alcohol, recreational drug use or lifestyle choices--exercise, sleep, relationships, stress.  Few people recognize how much influence their choices have on their health.  I try to bring in experts who can help to improve the quality of my patients' lives all the while being mindful of the cost and sustainable nature of care.

The ability to develop a trusting relationship with patients of all ages is my goal and remains the foundation for a successful partnership.  Despite the pressure of the consumer driven approach to medical care, I believe that the continuity of a relationship between physician and patient leads to the best and most satisfying outcomes.

Dr. Silver says...

Thank you!

David Silver MD

Dr. Silver's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Silver has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Silver's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

University of Virginia

Graduated in 1983

University of Wisconsin / Madison

Completed in 1986

University of Virginia

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Silver does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Silver and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Biopsy