Dr. David Shoemaker, MD

Dr. David Shoemaker, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

I consider it an honor to be entrusted with your care. At Center For Sight, your interests will be placed above all else -- always; we will strive continuously to serve your needs and deliver an unsurpassed quality of care.

Dr. David Shoemaker, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Shoemaker is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Shoemaker's Experience

See how Dr. Shoemaker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shoemaker

Dr. Shoemaker accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shoemaker has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shoemaker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shoemaker to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Shoemaker's Performance
in Sarasota, FL |
My experiences with Dr. Shoemaker and the Center for Sight staff were quite positive. Everyone treated me professionally and friendly, addressing all my questions and concerns. I was well prepared with both printed and oral information and carefully checked and debriefed following the surgeries. For these reasons, I highly recommend Dr. Shoemaker and his competent staff for Cataract surgery.
Venice, FL |
Excellent service. We are blessed to have such a skilled Surgeon in the area.Center for sight has an excellent staff.I am very pleased with the results of my surgery.
in Venice FL |
I selected a simple near lens implant to avoid complications. Ha, I have terrible edge effects. I see a black arc over a third of my peripheral vision during the day. I was told this was the incision. It has not gone away. I have nauseous flickering of light during the day. At night as I pass by light I see a ring around the entire lens. The post op doctor told me this was impossible and maybe it was a floater. What a joke. We were herded like cattle through the cataract surgery.
The black arc described in this review is known as negative dysphotopsia. It usually disappears within six months. The additional symptoms described will also resolve over time. As the practice Founder, I am acutely aware of the importance of our patients' time and experience. We do treat a high volume of patients and I feel strongly about the value of an efficient surgical team who collectively strive to treat each and every patient with unsurpassed competence, dignity and respect.
in Venice, FL |
I had my cataracts removed. Since I am legally bind in one eye, it had to be done correctly, and it was. Thanks for the skill you showed.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
Cataract Surgery; Doctor Shoemaker left a small patch of tissue that acted like looking through cellophane. Also had a blind spot in corner of eye. Dr. tried several things but never resolved the problem. Then he charged me money for trying to correct his problem. Went to another eye doctor and he had to blast with a laser to get rid cellophane type tissue. Additional cost, Doctor. Shoemaker then turned me over to a collection agency because he never took responsibility for his error.
New York, NY |
I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Dr. Shoemaker came highly recommended and I was not disappointed. I was fully informed concerning my options, each step in the procedures, the recovery process and followups required. I did not spend much time with Dr. Shoemaker, but his staff is well-trained, supportive and very informative.
in Sarasota, FL |
I believe I did not get the correct treatment for my problems after he did my cataract surgery, I was also led to believe but I would be getting laser cataract surgery when in fact you never planned on using a laser for my surgery.I do not feel like my lens was positioned correctly because I can see the edge of my lens about one third into my field of vision. After nine months he said he could reposition the lens but it would be very risky, I decided it was not worth the risk.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Shoemaker and staff made me feel very comfortable. I felt like they were very concerned about me.
Have you seen Dr. David Shoemaker, MD?

Compare Dr. Shoemaker

Dr. Shoemaker's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shoemaker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology

Graduated in 1977

• Other Education
    Swiss Institute Of Medical Research, Davos, Switzerland-Research

Completed in 1976

Dr. Shoemaker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shoemaker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology