Dr. David Shaye, MD

Facial Plastic Surgery | Male

Dr. David Shaye, MD
Dr. David Shaye, MD is a facial plastic surgery doctor who practices in Boston, MA. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Shaye is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital.

Dr. Shaye's Care Philosophy

Dr. David Shaye is a fellowship-trained facial plastic & reconstructive surgeon at Mass. Eye and Ear. He offers aesthetic & reconstructive surgery for patients.

Dr. Shaye's Experience

See how Dr. Shaye's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shaye

Dr. Shaye accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Shaye is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shaye has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shaye's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaye to family and friends
Dr. Shaye's Performance
in Central Massachusetts |
Sending my teenage daughter with a very deviated septum into surgery two weeks ago was extremely scary. She had been begging for the surgery to fix her septum and straighten her nose, but all I could think about was the worst case scenario of what could go wrong. Let me tell you that the entire process couldn't have gone any better and more importantly, my daughter couldn't be happier with her nose! Dr. Shaye is the most amazing, caring and skilled nose surgeon. Very highly recommend him!
Julie, thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Shaye!
in Tewksbury, MA |
Dr. Shaye is simply amazing! I would highly recommend him to anyone thinking about getting a cosmetic rhinoplasty done. Not only did he address my aesthetic concerns but he made sure to address improving any areas of my nose that could improve my quality of breathing. I didn't even know I had a collapsed valve until he took a look at my nose. That is what sets him apart from seeking out a private cosmetic surgeon. He has great bedside manner and was very pleasant to work with. Love my new nose!
I highly recommend Dr. Shaye. He answered all my questions thoroughly without condescension. He was thorough, thoughtful, kind and giving. I am beyond pleased with the results. This is a doctor who cares and loves his work!
in North Reading |
I had a rhinoplasty done recently by Dr. Shaye, I was extremely pleased with the results. Before the surgery my nose had a large bump on it and the tip was protruding downward, which made it look unnatural. Dr. Shaye did an incredible job making it look perfect for my face and very natural looking on me. He is an excellent doctor, & I would highly recommend him if you are considering any kind of facial plastic surgery. I am truly amazed at how great my nose looks now. I am so happy with it!
in Amesbury, MA |
I saw Dr. Shaye about correcting my deviated septum. Dr. Shaye is very professional and exhibited an excellent bedside manner throughout my initial consultation, pre-op, surgery, and post-op visits. He was always patient in listening to my concerns and answering all my questions. He was also very effective in communicating the details of my surgery at the appropriate level of detail. I highly recommend him.
in Boston, MA |
Dr Shaye is extremely knowledgeable and competent. He is also easy to talk with and addressed all my concerns fully. He has a great "bedside manner" . i had surgery in the morning and that afternoon after my discharge Dr Shaye called my home to check on my progress. He left his personal cell number and urged me to call if I had any concerns. His Secretary Kayla was most helpful with scheduling and my FMLA paperwork. Wait times in office were short. Would definitely recommend Dr Shaye.
in Nahant, MA |
Dr. Shaye was recommended from another great doctor at MEEI, Dr. Grey. Dr. Shaye's staff from the appointments, to the operating room and followup have been exceptional. Dr. Shaye called me the day after surgery to check on me, gave me his cell phone and made me promise to call him if anything happened. I did send a photo since the swelling was starting to happening, he made me feel better since it was very normal. Way above and beyond any doctor experience I have had in the past. Happy Nose
in Boston, MA |
I had a severely deviated septum that needed fixing in conjunction with sinus surgery. Dr. Shaye did a terrific job explaining the surgery and recovery, as well as answering my questions. The results of the surgery were life-changing: my nose looks exactly the same and functions better than ever! I can breathe the best I ever could. Mass Eye & Ear is one of the best hospitals in the world, and Dr. Shaye is one of the best doctors there!
in Brookline, Ma |
Three weeks ago, Dr. Shaye performed the repair of a Mohs surgery to remove a basal cell carcinoma located between the bridge of my nose and the corner of my eye. This was my fifth facial bcc of which I have always used a facial plastic due to their location. I left his office with ten stiches and a bandage. Just three short weeks later, there is no visisble scar. I am in disbelief. Dr. Shaye is not only brilliant surgeon but is a wonderful humanitarian (please read his bio).
in Warwick, RI |
I was in a car accident and had multiple fractures of the neck, jaw, cheek, orbital socket, as well as a laceration of my face that severed nerves, the muscle, and salivary gland. Dr. Shaye, within days had begun to correct the issues. My surgeries were successful, his bedside manner was professional, yet friendly and down to earth, as are all of his staff. His follow up is consistent, personal, informative. I would highly recommend him as he is incredibly talented at what he has done for me.
Dr. Shaye was incredible throughout the whole process from start to finish, a true professional in every sense of the word. The first doc unsuccessfully performed surgery to reconstruct the fracture. I then scheduled an appointment with Dr Shaye to fix the fracture. On our first meeting Dr Shaye explained the options that were available, explained every detail on each option and gave honest genuine answers. Dr Shaye did an AMAZING job! I could not be more happy with the result!!
Have you seen Dr. David Shaye, MD?

Compare Dr. Shaye

Dr. Shaye's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shaye says...

Dr. David Shaye specializes in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, head, and neck. This includes aesthetic procedures such as facelift, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, or browlift, reconstructing all parts of the face from skin cancer (Mohs) surgery to congenital deformities, as well as injuries after car accidents and other trauma.

Dr. Shaye is an instructor at Harvard Medical School and a U.S. Department of State Fulbright Scholar, dual board-certified in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and head and neck surgery.

Dr. Shaye has performed volunteer work in Nepal, Bhutan, Malawi, Philippines, Zimbabwe, Guatemala, and Ecuador, has worked with Doctors Without Borders, and participates in a teaching partnership with the Ministry of Health in Rwanda.

Dr. Shaye says...

Dr. Shaye performs cosmetic and reconstructive facial procedures, including rhinoplasty, facelift, upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty, and browlift.  Reconstructive procedures include repair of facial fractures, scar treatment, and addressing congenital anomalies such as cleft lip and palate.

Dr. Shaye's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery
      •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Aging Face
      • Facial Fracture
      • Facial Trauma

Albany Med Coll

Graduated in 2007

Dr. Shaye does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaye and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Facial Plastic Surgery
      • Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Blepharoplasty
      • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
      • ENT Surgery
      • Facelift
      • Facial Reconstruction
      • Head and Neck Surgery
      • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
      • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)