Dr. David Scott, MD

Dr. David Scott, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |

Dr. Scott completed his orthopaedic residency in New York City at the Hospital for Joint Diseases. He received fellowship training in adult reconstruction at the University of Utah, where he was an adjunct assistant professor at the School of Medicine for over 5 years. He is currently a clinical instructor at the UW School of Medicine and specializes in arthritis surgery with an emphasis on joint replacement. Dr. Scott is an active member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Scott frequently speaks locally, nationally, and internationally about the latest trends and techniques in the field. He maintains an active presence in clinical research and has been published in numerous orthopaedic journals and texts. As the first surgeon to use advanced bearings in hip replacement in Spokane, as well as hip resurfacing and computer assisted surgery, his pioneering expertise continues to bring to Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic of Spokane the latest in medical advances in orthopaedic medicine. He also places a strong emphasis on biologic reconstruction alternatives to joint replacement such as cartilage and meniscus replacement. He is also a leading regional pioneer in outpatient total joint surgery. Dr. David Scott is also very active in the field of orthopaedic surgery and joint replacement research. He believes that research is critical to the advancement of medicine and necessary for improving the care and solutions we offer our patients. Dr. Scott is a leader in the research field and is one of the most active physicians in joint replacement research in the region. He initiates many of his own studies, which is unique among his peers. He recognizes that physician-driven research is critical for finding new and better ways to serve patients. Dr. Scott has a strong team supporting this important research. The full team at OSC maintains certifications with The National Institute of Health and The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative. In addition, Dr. Scott has been a leader in technology design and continues to help design some of the tools that are shaping orthopaedics today. Some of his work has included development of a state-of-the-art knee replacement system. His commitment to research expands into the academic world and helps shape the future of the profession. He is on the academic staff at both the University of Utah and the University of Washington.

Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic of Spokane

• First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Scott

OSC Premier Bone and Joint Surgeons of Spokane is a doctor-owned clinic specializing in every area of orthopaedics, including: joint reconstruction and replacement, physical therapy, occupational therapy and sports medicine.

OSC is short for Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic. And when we say specialty, that's exactly what we mean. Each of our doctors limits their practice to specific joints and conditions giving them each an unparalleled depth of experience in their field. For our patients, this means the best and most effective care you can trust and shorter recovery times.

Our Mission: Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic of Spokane aims to provide the highest-quality specialty orthopaedic care to the Inland Northwest. We strive to be the premier, most progressive orthopaedic group within the region; our doctors all have the highest level of fellowship training and credentials within each of our subspecialties.

What we offer:   We are passionate about helping our patients get back to an active lifestyle through effective orthopaedics. Fellowship training in each of our specialty areas means the highest-quality care for each of our patients. We treat orthopaedic issues from beginning to end. Whether you need physical therapy for a nagging shoulder injury or a complete joint replacement, we're ready to help you get back to doing what you love.   We also offers specialized hip and knee orthopaedics along with research studies helping to further the field. Read more here.

Here are some of the features that make our clinic unique:

• We're the only orthopaedic clinic in the area that requires every doctor to be fellowship trained.
  • We're the only orthopaedic clinic to offer physical therapy and post-op care on-site.

Dr. Scott's Experience

Dr. Scott's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Cornell University
  • Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University Utah
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Scott has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scott's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scott to family and friends
Dr. Scott's Performance
in Spokane, WA |
I recently had a total knee replacement with Dr. David Scott doing the surgery. He is not only the nicest person you would ever want to meet, he is an amazingly skilled surgeon. He not only replaced the knee joint, he straightened my tibia that was at an angle from the loss of cartilage from arthritis. I now have a perfectly straight leg. Dr. Scott is the only surgeon in the Spokane area who can do a full knee replacement as an outpatient procedure. Walking out and going home was wonderful
in Oroville, WA |
I am 4 weeks Post Op and the quality of my life has improved 1000% His skill saved more than my leg. He and his staff did a very good job, A well oiled machine. Thank you. Confident, Competent and Thoughtful.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Scott and staff were very thorough in explaining what to expect both during and post surgery. The overall operation and care provided by H.F. Hospital staff complimented Dr. Scott's surgical skill.
Spokane, WA |
Did an excellent job replacing wife's right knee.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Scott & his staff at Orthopedic Specialty Clinic have been so helpful both before and after my knee surgery that I have nothing but praise for the entire team.
in Spokane, WA |
After having a complete right knee replacement, in early May 2017, following up with physical therapy, and already getting back to work by mid June, I would highly recommend Dr. David Scott to anyone experiencing knee problems. I have used the offices of OSC since my original injury way back in 2003, and have always been completely satisfied with their service, professionalism, and treatment recommendations.
in Ritzville, WA |
For the last 15 years, Dr. David Scott has been my orthopedic doctor and I depend on him completely. My knee replacement and the subsequent after-care have been handled with cordial professionalism and caring thoroughness. The staff at Othopedic Specialty are the best -- helpful, informative, and they go above and beyond to make the patients feel comfortable and valued. I will never see any other doctor for my orthopedic needs because I already have the best!
in Spokane, WA |
It is truly refreshing to find a provider that is so caring towards his patients. Dr. David Scott performed my knee replacement (4/17). He is a friendly, personable doctor that listens well, which put me at ease from the onset. I felt comfortable asking questions and he took the time to thoroughly answer each one. My surgery and recovery went just as he indicated. His staff consists of a team of friendly healthcare professionials that are readily available to help with each patient visit.
Spokane, WA |
I had both hips replaced by Dr. Scott, 3 years apart from each other. I was very impressed by Dr. Scott’s manner, his amazing surgical ideals, and his skill evidenced by my own recovery and success. I have tremendous respect for this surgeon.
in Newport, WA |
I had been suffering from pain in my knee for years. I had cortisone shot and gel shots to help with the pain, but didn't help. I even had Physical Therapy on it, with no help. I finally was told of Dr. Scott from a neighbor. I made an appointment for consultation on a Monday and 2 weeks later, I had surgery. I didn't want to prolong it any longer. The care I received was great ! I was up walking, with help, two hours after I woke from surgery. The only pain I had was from the incision.
Spokane, WA |
I just had another joint replaced by Dr Scott with excellent results!
in Newport, WA |
I could not be more satisfied with the excellent professional treatment and results I got with my total knee replacement in Jan. 2017. Six weeks later I am released both by the Dr. and the physical therapist Rob Rice , also at OSC. By following their treatment, exercises etc. I fully expect to return to golf this spring.
Seattle, WA |
Dr Scott is simply the best joint replacement surgeon in the Northwest.
in Spokane, WA |
For them to use a place like Paradise Valley for surgery is a brilliant move. That place is incredible. Dr David Scott is a great and professional surgeon and doctor. This office has taken care of my mom, Vera Brown and myself and we shall continue using their office as needed.
in Newport, WA |
He made me very comfortable about the surgery, explaining it in detail. In the hospital I was kept very comfortable during my stay, just enough medication to limit the pain but able to be up and around.
in Spokane, WA |
I have had one knee replacement and going in for the second soon. I have had great results and it was a complicated one. Dr. Scott is a wonderful doctor.
in Walla Walla, Wa. |
This clinic understood my knee issues. They were both kind and professional. Answered all my questions and concerns. Dr. uses Holy Family Provident Hospital. They also were very patient oriented to my needs and requirements. Very positive experience for me. Coming from out-of-town, they were considerate of my travel needs and the making of appointments. If one has to have knee replacement, I would highly recommend this clinic and Dr.
in Post Falls, ID |
I've had three tears in my knee, all fixed by Dr. Scott. He is an amazing Doctor as well as a great guy. Easy to get an appointment and always there for you when you need him. His staff is excellent. Highly recommended to friends. Beside manor is pretty great too. His surgical staff has the utmost respect for him. Speaks volumes.
Spokane, WA |
Because of my personal experience with Dr. Scott, , if you are considering a hip replacement, I strongly suggest a second opinion with a HIP surgeon who, specifically specializes, in complete hip replacements.
in Nine Mile Falls, WA |
Great experience with Dr Scott and his entire staff. He was extremely attentive and concerned with my past knee problems and mapped out a detailed plan of action. I am impressed and will recommend him to anyone.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Scott replaced my right hip two years ago. All aspects of my care were excellent. The sometimes lengthy waits are because time needed for each patient is taken. At no time did I feel pushed to cut my visit short; I was always treated as if my concerns were important and my questions were always answered thoroughly. I'm going back to Dr. Scott to have my left hip replaced in a few weeks.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Scott listened to me and we discussed treatment options in detail. I ended up with a left total knee replacement and then three years later, a right total knee. Both operations went well and my recovery has exceeded expectations. I could not be happier with the outcome and Dr. Scott has been great to work with throughout the process.
in Pullman, WA |
I received excellent care from Dr. David Scott and his team and highly recommend him as a knee replacement surgeon. My new knee is 7 weeks old and I have already started to hit golf balls. He and his staff are aware that I live out of town and group appointments to minimize my travel. I have never felt rushed and all my questions were answered. Results were thoroughly examined, not given a cursory glance. Printed materials are very professional looking, not difficult to decipher Xerox copies.
in Seattle, WA |
Dr. Scott performed a total hip replacement for me in 2003 using a ceramic hip prosthesis. I have had absolutely no problems for 13 years now. I'm seeing him for another hip replacement on the other side today. I have no worries about Dr. Scott’s abilities, as I have already had a hip replacement by him 13 years ago with no problems whatsoever. He did great work for me and that side is pain free!
in Spokane, WA |
Dr David Scott has been my clinician for 19 years, he is a highly skilled joint replacement surgeon and very personable.
in Spokane, WA |
I have just had my fifth major joint replacement, the first done by Dr. Scott. A family member had been a nurse in Providence Sacred Heart’s orthopedic operating room for 25 years, and knew the best surgeons in Spokane, so I had always had all-star care with her connections, with excellent outcomes, and Dr. Scott’s name kept coming up wherever I turned (even though he does most of his work at Holy Family). I can see why! Three weeks post total hip replacement, I am walking normally, no cane, dri
in Spokane, WA |
I highly recommend Dr Scott for anyone needing a knee replacement. I am 90 years old and feeling great after my surgery in just a few weeks.
in spokane, wa |
He is the best joint surgeon in the region, I am so happy with my knee replacements!
in Colbert, Wa |
Great personality. Told me exactly what to expect.
in Spokane, WA |
My husband just had a hip replaced by Dr. Scott at Holy Family Hospital. From beginning to end, it was a very successful experience. We highly recommend Dr. Scott
in Spokane, WA |
I had surgery with Dr. Scott three times. The first was for a torn meniscus and the repair made my knee pain free for many years. Ultimately, my knees became very knock-kneed and hurt. He recommended knee replacement and strongly advised against doing both knees at the same time. Ultimately, I had them done about a year apart by choice. The miracle is that I now have two straight, pain free legs and am about to start dancing again--I am in my 70's. Besides being a brilliant surgeon, Dr. Scott is
in spokane |
l have been with this doctor for a couple of years. I have nothing but excellent care with Dr David and his wife Amarilla Scott. Dr David did my total knee replacement with his wife doing my scope. the care and professionalism that both put in and the detail and accuracy of their work was remarkable. when I went to rehab all the pt people kept telling me how great his work was with all the swelling to a min as well as no complications. my first replacement was six weeks ago. my next is dec13
in Spokane, WA |
I obtained excellent results from both my Hip replacement and my total knee replacement.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Scott performed a partial knee replacement on my right knee two years ago. Since that time, I have complete mobility and have been pain free. Would strongly recommend him.
in Spokane, WA |
This is an outstanding physician in so many ways. Dr. D. Scott has an exceptional manner, spending plenty of time and answering fully even the "stupid" questions. He is friendly, funny and compassionate, showing a high level of care about his patients' well-being. And as a surgeon, I cannot provide enough superlatives. He replaced my right hip, and the procedure and follow-up care and recovery have all gone far better than even hoped. I have a very clean scar on my hip that will subtly remind me
in Spokane, WA |
My arthritic knees were knock kneed and I knew knee replacement would not be routine. I needed the best surgeon I could find and after much research I chose Dr. Scott. I was very very happy. He was very experienced in knee replacement and even though my surgery was more complicated it went without a hitch and my recovery was normal and uncomplicated. Friends and others I talked to experienced complications and longer recovery times, and their surgeries were routine. I highly recommend Dr. Scott!
in Chattaroy, WA |
I've had both hips replaced in the last 9 months by Dr. Scott. His staff did a wonderful job with my care and questions both before and after my surgeries. Both surgeries went very well and I was very pleasantly surprised at the minimal amount of pain immediately following the surgery and during the recovery period. All the hip pain I had prior to the surgeries is gone and I feel great now. I would highly recommend Dr. Scott to anyone that needs hip replacement Surgery. Thank you Dr. Scott!
in Spokane, WA |
My knee replacement went so smoothly that I wish I hadn't waited so long. Before surgery, I was given handouts that answered all my questions and helped me knowledgeably go into surgery. Dr. Scott is a confident professional who I would recommend without pause. The staff in the office is friendly and responsive. In-house PT was effective and provided home exercises that were easy follow. I had a great experience. I am pain free and have improved mobility.
in chewelah,wash |
Dr.Scott has been my doctor for 19 years, in that time he has replaced both my right and left hip and also my right and left knee. I have had complete success with all my replacements. I would highly recommend him, a very skilled surgeon. He also has a wonderful staff.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Scott is a great I would recommend him to any one
in Post Falls, ID |
Very caring and professional. Went the extra mile, and treated like my family. Excellent training and judgement. Top notch.
in Coeur d'Alene, ID |
After total hip replacement, I can say he is truly professional and a caring person. I am looking to him being my surgeon for knee replacements. He is fantastic, and gets the best surgical results anywhere.
in Spokane, WA |
I am very grateful for his astute, caring and professional guidance, through unknown double hip replacements procedures. He restored full mobility to someone who could barely walk. Thank you!
in Kitchener, ON |
Dr. Scott replaced both knees at the same time, and he and his great staff were terrific. I was on a tight competitive tennis schedule, and they were all accommodating. The surgery went well, and rehab was well ahead of schedule. The whole experience was absolutely first-rate!
in Sandpoint, ID |
This was my second knee replacement. The first one was in 2012 with a different surgeon. In every way imaginable Dr. Scott, his staff, his bedside manner etc. are amazing. He's also humble which is refreshing. If you visit his site, you will see his resume, papers he's written and so on. Wish he had done both my knees. Much lower level of pain, 6 weeks of pain management, Surgery March 8 2016 - posting this October 8 2016 and my knee is fantastic. I can actually jog!
in Spokane, WA |
My experience with Dr Scott was outstanding. His staff is so caring and personal. It felt like family. I know Dr Scott has extra training in joint replacement, so it's comforting to have him as my doctor.
in Colton, WA |
I chose Dr. Scott to resurface both of my hips. I am now pain free and have had nothing but a great experience with my new hips. Dr. Scott has always been professional, caring, and friendly during followup appointments. I definitely recommend him (and his office) for anyone needing orthopaedic care.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Scott replaced both of my knees. His office was available, everything was clearly explained, and his aftercare instructions and requirements gave me wonderful results. I am more active than I have been for years. I walk, bike, swim and go about my daily life without the pain I suffered before this surgery. I even started doing yoga! I highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. David Scott, MD?
Are you Dr. Scott?

• Group Health Cooperative
    Coop Core
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
  • Kaiser Permanente

Spokane, WA 99208
Providence Mount Carmel Hospital
982 E Columbia Ave
Colville, WA 99114

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Scott at Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic of Spokane

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist