Dr. David Schopick, MD

Dr. David Schopick, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male | 61 years old

39 reviews| Leave a review

Dr. Schopick specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and practices in Portsmouth, NH. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Schopick? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Schopick's Experience

See how Dr. Schopick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schopick

Dr. Schopick accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schopick has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Schopick
Dr. Schopick's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
Rochester, NH |
Unlike other reviewers, I actually really liked working with him and only left because my insurance changed. There were some issues with him tracking financing and occasionally getting confused on my copay, but it's a very small self-run office and if he wants to get paid, he needs to be diligent. You have to understand that. I understand other reviewers saying that he seems pompous but I found him quite fun and funny, and sometimes sarcastic (not about anything serious) and I loved it.
in Rochester, NH |
Spoke with Dr. Schopick a few months back, was told that he was not sure he could take on the "complexity" of my 11 year old daughter (with ODD/ADHD/[possible]Bipolar) case". Because of this response, we choose not to pursue him further. Unfortunately, we were forced to call him back when we started realizing that we could not get psychiatric care for a child here in NH (just moved here from NC). His receptionist informed us that their records show us as having missed an appointment! What? When?
in New Hampshire |
I saw him for 14 years. He was good at pushing medications but was more concerned about financial payment. I had insurance and never once missed a check. In fact he owed my family money for overcharging which they received. He however did not help me, was more concerned in just appearing to be helpful. However, be hopeful there are psychiatrists out there who do help and have saved lifes, never give up, best thing you can do is find a doctor who listens and cares!!
in Somersworth, NH |
Dr. Schopick intimated me every time I walked into his office. When I told him about an issue I was having with my current meds he added yet another medication. When I finally sought help with another provider I was asked why he give me a third med instead of increasing the dosage - I replied I don't know, he was my doctor, what choice did I have but to trust him? He is patronizing & pompous & not compassionate at all! (as another feedback review said) I would not recommend Dr.Schopick.
Peabody, MA |
Dr Schopick doesn't seem to care about what is BEST for his patient. He makes an initial assessment of a person and takes NOTHING else into account (this was over the course of a year of treatment). Seeing his pt 1x a month, and not even bothering to communicate with other providers that had input in care. He is pompous and patronizing. I have been seeking alternate providers and can't wait until he is no longer a part of treatment!
Portsmouth, NH |
He was the single most disrespectful provider that I have even been to see. He lacked in professionalism and compassion.
Have you seen Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Are you Dr. Schopick?

Compare Dr. Schopick

Dr. Schopick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in New Hampshire not available

Dr. Schopick has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schopick's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Schopick does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Schopick and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1983

University Of Chicago Medical Center

Completed in 1984

Hosptial Univeristy Health Center Pitssburgh

Completed in 1987

Western Psyc Institute University Pittsbu

Completed in 1988

Dr. Schopick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schopick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Schopick does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Schopick and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

Filter Your Results