Dr. David Schopick, MD

Dr. Schopick
Telehealth services available

David J Schopick MD

118 Maplewood Ave Portsmouth, NH 03801

Dr. David Schopick, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Portsmouth, NH and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Connecticut School Medicine medical school in 1983. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schopick to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

• Chemical Addiction
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug Treatment
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Panic Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Schopick accepts

Dr. Schopick accepts the following insurance:

Access Blue New England Network-NH

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schopick

3.1

2.197802197802198%

Dr. Schopick?
  • Office environment (54)
  • Wait times (51)
  • Appointment scheduling (47)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (28)
  • Office environment (25)
  • Long wait times (10)
He listens to me. If I am unsure about any medication, he is willing to help find the best combination and most cost effective.
Heather – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I've been to many therapists and doctors over the course of my life and I've never been treated the way Dr. Schopick treated me. Another reviewer said he is an arrogant person who delights in putting others down about their flaws. Sounds like a disgruntled patient, right? It's true. This guy is awful. He's a terrible professional and probably a pretty terrible person. Stay away!
Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
We have been seeing Dr. Schopick for 6 years now. After having a negative experience with the local mental health center, we decided to find a private practice psychiatrist who would work with our son’s complex needs. Dr. Schopick is a trusted member of our son’s treatment team. He uses years of experience, to make experience-based and research based decisions. He does come across as no-nonsense. If you are expecting the more coddling approach of a therapist, then get a therapist. Dr. Schopick attempts to tease out the necessary facts needed to determine if a course of treatment is working, or needs to be adjusted. My son is a complex case and it has required very close monitoring at times, trying different meds, different doses and different combinations, to find stability. At times we needed to see the doc weekly (when less stable), but now we see him every 3 months. He always warns of potential side effects and screens for them. As long as he is in practice, he will be our doctor.
N Brisson – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
A terribly arrogant person who finds pleasure in hurting people who look to him for help.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Mary – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Schopick, who (regrettably) has had to employ some heightened level of patience with me as I'm a poor rule follower. Ultimately, I followed his medical advise and have been compliant with my medical regimen and as a result, I've experienced real progress with respect to my depression and anxiety. I truly value Dr. Schopick's experience as well as his sense of humor, which always helps to elevate my mood. Finally, I appreciate the many recommendations Dr. Schopick has made to me in terms of books, lectures, etc. I should pursue on my own. I feel that Dr. Schopick truly cares about my well-being (he encourages me to call him at any time if there's a crisis), but I also benefit from (and need) a bit of tough love (if you will) to take my recovery more seriously. I highly recommend Dr. Schopick for his experience, compassion, personal attention and sense of humor. Thank you Dr. Schopick for helping me when nobody else would!
Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
After 20 years of prescribed opoid pain relievers for back pain, I was looking to end my use but had trouble trying alone due to the withdrawal sypmtoms. Working together with Dr. Shopick, we were able to come up with a plan to help me stop my use while minimizing the impacts of post withdrawal symptoms and rebound pain. I am pleased to report that I have been free of opiods for 7 months and I am doing great! It feels so good to be back in control. I recommend Dr. Shopick highly!
RM in Portsmouth, NH – May 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Very good experience with Dr. Schopick. I felt comfortable talking about uncomfortable things, because it is clear he takes everything as fact and does not judge. He is very professional and cares about your well-being. Would highly recommend.
May 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
The 1st visit was what I expected. He asked a number of questions to learn about my symptoms and then prescribed medication. He was critical of my weight, despite that I am in the healthy range for my BMI. The 2nd visit I had to wait until 10:30, though my appt. was at 10. I had to wait for him to see a patient that got there after me. The appt. was ONLY 7 minutes long and he spent the WHOLE time fixated on my hairstyle and suggesting I change it. No medical help, just criticizing my appearance
Feb 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Schopick for almost 4 years now and can't recommend him enough. During that time he has worked diligently with me to greatly improve my overall quality of life and mental health. He always thoroughly explains any course of treatment and goes far out of his way to learn how it affects me in all facets of life. Dr. Schopick is the first doctor I've seen that I feel wants my input and genuinely wants to find the best treatment plan for me not just the easiest..
Jeff C in Rye – Dec 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Our son was suffering from severe anxiety and Dr. Schopick listened to him, and us, and helped us find a solution that greatly improved his quality of life.....he is doing so much better in school, social situations, and making decisions. Dr. Schopick monitors our sons' medication closely and makes adjustments when needed. He asks questions AND listens, and he also suggests non-medicine suggestions. We are very happy with Dr. Schopick's work with our son.
TML in Haverhill, MA – Nov 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Dr. Schopick was effective in treating my depression. I believe he took an interest in me as an individual and treated me with respect. He listened and gave me non prescription avenues as well as medication. I met with him and after one year ended treatment. It has been 3 months and I am doing well.
Rich F in York, ME – Nov 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I first was referred to Dr Schopick after a hospitalization for depression, anxiety, and PTSD. He was very welcoming and I instantly felt comfortable having him managing my psychological problems. After the first session he was able to come up with a treatment plan to manage crisis at hand and then was able to work on a long term treatment plan which I am now a year into with continued improvement in my symptoms. I plan to continue using him on my continued path to recovery and management.
Milton, NH – Nov 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Dr. Schopick has been treating my moderate anxiety and mild depression for 8 years. He has an endless knowledge and yet, presents himself quite humbled. He has a certain charisma and is proud of his Eastern European heritage. I felt very comfortable in his presence and soaked up his candid recommendations. Never lose sight of some good advice, follow close instructions and before you know it the "dark clouds" vanish! I feel so blessed belonging to his busy Practice in Portsmouth NH Antje N.H.
Antje C. Dollen in Somersworth NH 03878 – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Dr Schopick has worked with our son to make a huge difference in his all of our lives.
Barrington, NH – Oct 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
My daughter has been seeing Dr Schopick for many years now she has come along way in this time, she suffers from OCD, ADHD, Anxiety and depression he has always made her feel comfortable and I would recommend his office to anyone who was suffering from the same diseases.
Milton NH – Sep 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Doctor Schopick is a very caring man. I have been with him for around ten years now and he has helped me so much. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for his help. He treats me for multiple different mental health issues and does a fantastic job at it. I couldn't have picked a better psychiatrist to treat me. I have one hundred percent trust and confidence in this man and thank him for all that he's done for me. Plus he has a cute cat! He is funny and compassionate as well. I can't thank
S. – Aug 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Extremely professional and consistent. I always feel like my thoughts and concerns are listened to and made a priority. I highly recommend.
Newmarket, NH – Aug 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Schopick for about two years now. I can honestly say, that although it was a tough road for me in the early going (continued bad decisions/judgment) - that now I am really beginning to feel well again, and can clearly see the benefits of his treatment plan(s). Dr. Schopick is very attentive to my challenges; has a very caring nature; and has a good sense of humor to boot! I am very happy with the care and treatment I have received, and would highly recommend him.
Steve in Portsmouth, NH – Aug 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Schopick for nearly 5 years and would recommend him unconditionally.
Hampton, NH – Aug 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I have always been very cynical about psychiatrists. I have had terrible anxiety / depression for most of my life and have not had good experiences with doctors in the past. Not until about a year ago after meeting and being treated by Dr. Schopick has my outlook changed. He has dramatically changed my life. He is patient and listens. He is also very kind and can be funny. He has a way of keeping you at ease and making you feel positive about what is to come. I love his cat Ziggy too!
Kim K in Newton, NH – Aug 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schopick?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry