Dr. David Schopick, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Schopick

David J Schopick MD

118 Maplewood Ave Portsmouth, NH 03801

Dr. David Schopick, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Portsmouth, NH and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Schopick accepts

Dr. Schopick accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

4.49438202247191%

Dr. Schopick?
Dr. Schopick's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Schopick, MD
We have been seeing Dr. Schopick for 6 years now. After having a negative experience with the local mental health center, we decided to find a private practice psychiatrist who would work with our son’s complex needs. Dr. Schopick is a trusted member of our son’s treatment team. He uses years of experience, to make experience-based and research based decisions. He does come across as no-nonsense. If you are expecting the more coddling approach of a therapist, then get a therapist. Dr. Schopick attempts to tease out the necessary facts needed to determine if a course of treatment is working, or needs to be adjusted. My son is a complex case and it has required very close monitoring at times, trying different meds, different doses and different combinations, to find stability. At times we needed to see the doc weekly (when less stable), but now we see him every 3 months. He always warns of potential side effects and screens for them. As long as he is in practice, he will be our doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
A terribly arrogant person who finds pleasure in hurting people who look to him for help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Schopick, who (regrettably) has had to employ some heightened level of patience with me as I'm a poor rule follower. Ultimately, I followed his medical advise and have been compliant with my medical regimen and as a result, I've experienced real progress with respect to my depression and anxiety. I truly value Dr. Schopick's experience as well as his sense of humor, which always helps to elevate my mood. Finally, I appreciate the many recommendations Dr. Schopick has made to me in terms of books, lectures, etc. I should pursue on my own. I feel that Dr. Schopick truly cares about my well-being (he encourages me to call him at any time if there's a crisis), but I also benefit from (and need) a bit of tough love (if you will) to take my recovery more seriously. I highly recommend Dr. Schopick for his experience, compassion, personal attention and sense of humor. Thank you Dr. Schopick for helping me when nobody else would!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
After 20 years of prescribed opoid pain relievers for back pain, I was looking to end my use but had trouble trying alone due to the withdrawal sypmtoms. Working together with Dr. Shopick, we were able to come up with a plan to help me stop my use while minimizing the impacts of post withdrawal symptoms and rebound pain. I am pleased to report that I have been free of opiods for 7 months and I am doing great! It feels so good to be back in control. I recommend Dr. Shopick highly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Very good experience with Dr. Schopick. I felt comfortable talking about uncomfortable things, because it is clear he takes everything as fact and does not judge. He is very professional and cares about your well-being. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
The 1st visit was what I expected. He asked a number of questions to learn about my symptoms and then prescribed medication. He was critical of my weight, despite that I am in the healthy range for my BMI. The 2nd visit I had to wait until 10:30, though my appt. was at 10. I had to wait for him to see a patient that got there after me. The appt. was ONLY 7 minutes long and he spent the WHOLE time fixated on my hairstyle and suggesting I change it. No medical help, just criticizing my appearance
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Schopick for almost 4 years now and can't recommend him enough. During that time he has worked diligently with me to greatly improve my overall quality of life and mental health. He always thoroughly explains any course of treatment and goes far out of his way to learn how it affects me in all facets of life. Dr. Schopick is the first doctor I've seen that I feel wants my input and genuinely wants to find the best treatment plan for me not just the easiest..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Our son was suffering from severe anxiety and Dr. Schopick listened to him, and us, and helped us find a solution that greatly improved his quality of life.....he is doing so much better in school, social situations, and making decisions. Dr. Schopick monitors our sons' medication closely and makes adjustments when needed. He asks questions AND listens, and he also suggests non-medicine suggestions. We are very happy with Dr. Schopick's work with our son.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
Dr. Schopick was effective in treating my depression. I believe he took an interest in me as an individual and treated me with respect. He listened and gave me non prescription avenues as well as medication. I met with him and after one year ended treatment. It has been 3 months and I am doing well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?
I first was referred to Dr Schopick after a hospitalization for depression, anxiety, and PTSD. He was very welcoming and I instantly felt comfortable having him managing my psychological problems. After the first session he was able to come up with a treatment plan to manage crisis at hand and then was able to work on a long term treatment plan which I am now a year into with continued improvement in my symptoms. I plan to continue using him on my continued path to recovery and management.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Schopick, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schopick?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry