Dr. David Schlessinger, MD

Dr. David Schlessinger, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. David Schlessinger, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Woodbury, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

75 Froehlich Farm Blvd

Woodbury, NY 11797

• AvMed
  • Connecticare
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Schlessinger

See how frequently Dr. Schlessinger performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eyelid Spasm
Eyelid Surgery
Diplopia

Dr. Schlessinger's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schlessinger "David A. Schlessinger, M.D. is Board Certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Schlessinger is uniquely qualified to treat the delicate skin of the eyelid and face. With over a dozen years of experience in cosmetic eyelid surgery, Dr. Schlessinger has thousands of satisfied patients. When it comes to your eyelids Dr. Schlessinger is the physician choice. Dr. Schlessinger prides himself on the personalized attention he gives to each and every patient."

• Ophthalmology

• Chalazion
  • Chronic Dacryoadenitis
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes
  • Glaucoma
  • Heterophoria
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Keratitis
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Neurological Diseases

• Sculptra™ Injection
  • Skin Grafts
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Franklin and Marshall College
  • Interfaith Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University Of Minnesota
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Schlessinger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schlessinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schlessinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schlessinger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schlessinger to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Schlessinger's Performance
The Doctor and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Lots of experience and great work happens here.
in Westbury, NY |
My wife had a great visit. Very impressed with all staff members. Doctor answered all questions and performed necessary tests. Left office feeling better than we arrived
in Hewlett, NY |
Dr. Schlessinger and his staff are truly wonderful! Dr. Schlessinger takes his time to and always answers all of your questions. His staff is very pleasant.
New York, NY |
The best doctor I have ever been to. Smart and caring and professional.
Brooklyn, NY |
Great experience. Everyone was professional. Diagnosed and treated my problem expertly and in a warm and friendly manner.
in Plainview, NY |
Miracle Hands and Skill - Dr Schlessinger reconstructioned my eye after removal of cancer. You wouldn't believe there was a hole on my face where there isn't one now. Dr. S. THANK YOU.
in Farmingdale, NY |
I had upper eyelid blepharoplasty in March 2017. I received exemplary care and concern before and after surgery.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Schlessinger is the best! Very caring and attentive
in Great Neck, NY |
I had blepharoplasty on upper and lower lids less than two weeks ago. I can't say enough about the care I have received by Dr. Schlesinger and his entire staff. Every person in this office has accommodated me in every way possible. I respect Dr. Schlessinger's attention to detail. He eased my concerns regarding swelling post surgery and I'm beginning to see great results!
I went to Dr Schlessinger to have a Mohs surgery procedure on my forehead completed. The dermatologist told me he only needed to do one cut and I should only have a barely visible line after Dr Schlessinger completes the procedure. I now have a quarter sized dent and scar on my forehead. On a follow up visit I expressed my opinion and he didn't appreciate it telling me it's not fully healed. I then went to a plastic surgeon that informed me it's healed and the procedure wasn't done correctly. :(
in Hicksville, NY |
In June of 2015 I went to see Dr. Schlesinger for a lower lid blephoraplasty. Over a year after my procedure I still have bags under my eyes not as large as before the surgery but still noticeable when I contacted Dr. Schlessinger and went in for a follow up I was told to purchase an eye cream from the office I did I still had bags so they recommended ultherapy I did that as well still bags now I am being told it is due to lack of sleep or allergies. I paid a lot of money and have poor results.
2 failed ptosis surgeries. Always seemed to be in a hurry. His backup doctor who works Fridays who was responsible to take my stitches out ( second surgery) left stitches in my eye!!! Did not realize until weeks later and now I have a permanent red scar on my eyelid where the stitch was the was left for 3 weeks. A nightmare.
in CORAM, NY |
Dr. Schlessinger is one of the best Doctors on Long Island. I trust NO ONE but him. He has dealt with my wife for a very serious condition and was the ONLY Doctor to take the time and study my wife's condition. Never giving up. Complete, and Thorough. Never rushed, he would treat her for well over an hour some visits. My wife's condition was extreme and we were referred to another "Super" Specialist. EVERY Doctor we spoke with has GREAT respect for him. We still see him for consults.
I met with Dr. Schlessinger and his friendly and professional staff today. I found Dr. Schlessinger to be considerate, forthright, thorough, attentive and highly skilled. I was surprised upon reading some patient reviews referring to his bedside manner or lack thereof. Despite the fact that I was looking to enlist a qualified plastic surgeon rather than an individual who I liked on a social level, I found Dr. Schlessinger to be quite competent and likable. I highly recommend him!
in West Babylon, NY |
Doctor did upper and lower eyes. Bottom looks same as before, top has bumps. This doctor is rude, yells at staff while your in the office and has horrible bedside manner. Not one other doctor I've mentioned him to (my eye doc and other plastic surgeons) likes him. His nurses told me they have to grit their teeth so much they no longer have teeth.
Have you seen Dr. David Schlessinger, MD?
Are you Dr. Schlessinger?

Visit Dr. Schlessinger