Dr. David Sack, MD

Dr. David Sack, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. David Sack, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Meriden, CT and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine in 1978 and specializes in gastroenterology.Read his story

455 Lewis Ave Ste 200

Meriden, CT 06451

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Connecticare

Learn about Dr. Sack

See how frequently Dr. Sack performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Abdominal Disorders
Gastrointestinal Diseases

Dr. Sack's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sack's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sack "My goal is to provide the most comprehensive, capable, compassionate and current care to all my patients in a way that will make people feel at ease with doing what is necessary to maintain and restore health and well-being. I have devoted my life to this calling for the past 40 years. I bring to the practice of medicine a background in broad liberal education and humanities. I am known to patients and referring physicians alike for spending more time than average to make difficult diagnoses, treat difficult problems, and explain even the common ones in depth to help my patients come away from their visit healthier and more able to manage their medical conditions. I teach 3rd year medical students from Yale University School of Medicine in the office at some times during the year. I write a blog on medical subjects entitled "prescriptions" that is carried on the American College of Physicians blog site, blog.acpinternist.org. While I am proud of my Ivy League education, I firmly believe that it is the scholarly practice of medicine that is more important than where the scholarship was pursued. I have a number of personal interests outside the practice of medicine that I am happy to discuss during visits if time allows."

This content was provided by Dr. Sack "My care philosophy is outlined in my personal statement above. My role models are the great doctors who preceded me, some famous in the history of medicine and some who taught me directly. A great physician said our mission as doctors is to cure sometimes, relieve often, and comfort always. Another doctor much admired said that the secret of the care of the patient is caring for the patient as a person. Finally, the founder of Johns Hopkins Hospital, where I trained, said famously that it is even more important for us to know what sort of patient has the disease than to know what sort of disease the patient has. These precepts have guided my practice since entering medical training in 1974."

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Sack has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sack does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sack and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sack's Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sack to family and friends

Dr. Sack's Performance

Dr. Sack Says:
"

Patient satisfaction surveys, as I have noted above, are often distorted and unreliable because they select for people with strong opinions, sometimes positive and sometimes not. Surveys often count into  a doctor's score many factors that don't deserve so much weight, such as the average wait time to be called in from the waiting room. In fact, some of the best doctors have the longest office waiting time. For that

...

I’d been to three other G.I. doctors before choosing Dr. Sack. His mission statement is what sold me on going to see him plus the positive reviews. I checked out his background and chose him out of 10. Because of my condition. I needed an honest opinion on whether to have surgery or not. Dr Sack...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have been a patient for several years and find him to be thorough, patient and an excellent physician.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option