Dr. David Rubin, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 43

Neurosurgery

Dr. David Rubin, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Decatur, TX and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine in 2007. He is affiliated with Wise Health Surgical Hospital at Parkway. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. David Rubin, MD

Noble Pain Management & Sports Medicine

1851 Medical Center Dr Decatur, TX 76234
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Rubin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rubin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Rubin treats Low Back Pain more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Rubin treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Rubin treats Spinal Stenosis more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Rubin treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Osteoarthritis of Spine
high
high

Dr. Rubin treats Osteoarthritis of Spine more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Rubin treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Rubin's conditions and procedures:

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Ear Disorders
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Rubin accepts

Dr. Rubin accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
MVP Health Care
Oxford Health Plans

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rubin

I think he’s very competent and I’m pleased with my surgery.
Nov 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
I went to see Dr Rubin for a 2nd opinion and he was very attentive and kind. He took his time to explained everything to me about my back problems like no other Dr has before. His staff was also very kind with me all the time. I will highly recommend Dr Rubin to anybody looking for a Neurosurgeon. Thank you so much Dr Rubin and all the persons that made my surgery possible.
Rocio V – Apr 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
I think Dr.Rubin is great and I have recommended him to several people. I was scared because soooo many people were telling me about their bad experiences with back surgery but its been about 7 months and my back feels wonderful!!
wendy wilson – Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is the best ,felt safe and I feel Great . I owe him for his great talented sklll— for my life ,I’m grateful I would recommend him if you’re in pain find this wonderful caring Dr. -Human Being
George A. Bletschk – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Rubin to friends and family. He listens attentively and starts with the least invasive treatments. In my case he had to perform emergency surgery on my back, which turned out to be pretty invasive. Great bedside manner. He explained everything he was going to do during surgery. He then explained post surgery what he had to do to correct my disk issue. His post surgery instructions were easy to follow . My three month follow up went very well and I can truthfully say that Dr. Rubin’s skills as a surgeon contributed to my recovery.
Nick A. – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Had several back issues for over 3 months, went to see Dr Rubin following recommendation of a friend. MRI showed three herniated discs which crippled me, I ended up bended unable to move any body parts. Went under the knife early in the morning and woke up 8 hours later feeling my legs and neck. Perfect surgery with immediate relief, off medicine the following day, my scars are beautiful. I am eternally grateful to Dr Rubin for giving me a second chance and having my previous life back
Germain – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is great. Not only is he very patient with my repeated stupid questions, he has a fantastic bed-side manner. Before and after my procedure, he was great about updating my wife multiple times on my status and condition. He was thorough about explaining what he has done and seen. After surgery, I woke up with immediate relief to my pain (pinched nerve causing severe pain in left leg). Recovery "pain" only consisted of very mild discomfort at the incision site. And that discomfort was very brief. Highly recommend Dr. Rubin.
Apr 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Seeking a second opinion and searching for the best Neurosurgeon in North Texas, I struck gold when I found Dr. Rubin! He is an extraordinary surgeon. Following a thorough exam, he explained my condition and need for surgery with clarity. Having Degenerative Disc Disease, I had three ruptured discs in my neck with impingement on my spinal cord. Anterior Cervical Discectomy Fusion was necessary to maintain my mobility. Now, three months later, I am active again and feeling better than I have in years! Dr. Rubin repaired my neck, preventing a future problem with my spinal cord and taking significant pain away. I am very grateful for his efforts.
Rebecca P. – Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin performed a spinal fusion on my mom in 2017. She had concerns following the surgery because her pain was worse than before the surgery and he was dismissive. We had been given inaccurate post-op instructions that could have resulted in death. She asked questions and Rubin had his scribe answer them, but when she didn't know answers we were not allowed to speak with him again. My mom was eventually referred to pain management. Rubin's follow up care was non-existent. Now, in 2020, my mom has lived with excruciating back and leg pain since the 2017 surgery and we are facing the likelihood of additional operations. She thought the world of Dr. Rubin and had originally written a glowing review following our first couple of visits with him. I'm sorry to say the first impression was inconsistent with her surgical outcome. It is devastating to watch her in the level of pain she is in, and to think it could have been resolved if she had had a concerned and compassionate physician.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
SRob73016 – Sep 19, 2020
Hi SRob73016. Thank you for expressing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
I was experiencing severe neck and shoulder pain. I met with Dr. Rubin and he was very knowledgeable and patient. We decided to take a conservative approach by doing physical therapy first before surgery. After physical therapy the pain was reduced but I started to have muscle loss. The MRI showed a severe constriction in my neck and Dr. Rubin performed a 3 level ACDF. Thanks to Dr. Rubin, I am in better physical shape than I have been in years.
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Dr Rubin was honest about what he knew about my condition, which I appreciate, but offered up no further testing nor treatment, other than to deal with it. Neither I nor my primary physician were pleased with his approach. Fortunately, I found a doctor who offered also up an honest, realistic diagnosis, but who was much more thorough in his testing and treatment options.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin was able to access an issue in my mid-spine withing the first few minutes of our initial appointment. He was able to get me an MRI and surgery within a week. After the surgery, I could immediately walk better and have recovered quickly. The team was excellent to work with and kept me comfortable throughout the process. I wouldn't recommend anyone else for back problems!
Loren B – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Outstanding!! Dr. Rubin is by far an outstanding surgeon and very personable individual. His staff and surgery clinic was fantastic (Fort Worth). My experience was hands down, awesome. As a veteran of 24 years in the Air Force, I thank you for the service you provided me. Six weeks after surgery, I’m doing everything I did prior to my injury. Thanks to Dr. Rubin and all staff.
Mark Allen Jones – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Rubin by my primary care physician. Best recommendation ever! He and his staff were able to see me on very short notice (within a day from getting MRI). He took a look at my MRI readings and had me in for surgery the same day. I was in the most severe pain I’ve ever experienced and was not able to walk without assistance. I’ve never had surgery and was shocked of the diagnosis, but I’m so thankful of him and the surgical hospital staff. He stopped by the morning after surgery to check on me, as well as phone calls from his office and himself. A+ experience and very professional.
Ivy – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
I called to get an appointment after losing all feeling from the waist down. I could not walk and falling 5 + times a day. This was on a Friday and Dr. Rubin agreed to meet with me. After seeing all of the damage he had appointments made same day for pre-op. The following Tuesday I was in surgery. Dr. Ruben came back to check on me after surgery and his staff called as well. Dr. Rubin and Axis made it so I can walk and feel again. They saved my life. I am forever grateful Dr. Rubin.
Lisa R – Aug 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin and everyone involved with putting me back into shape after my back started hurting was amazing. They took care of me and were very polite and willing to help in any way I needed.
May 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
I had never been a specialist before, only my primary care physician. My doctor referred me to Dr. Rubin for pain i was having in my lower back, that was giving me shooting pains down the back of my legs. After an MRI, Dr. Rubin assured me that I didn't need surgery (he didn't seem like most surgeons who want to operate just to operate). He was sincere and explained to me my issues with the pain I was feeling. He referred me to their in-house physical therapist to work on decompression and strengthening my lower back. My pain is getting less and less after just a few weeks. He's a surgeon who knows what he's talking about, what he's doing, and truly cares about his patients from my personal experience. I recommend him 100%. Thank you Dr. Rubin
May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Dr Ruben did lower back surgery on me while he was in Little Rock, AR. I had been told for years that there was nothing that could be done for my back. I went into surgery hurting, and I came out and the pain was gone. Over a year post op and everything is still great.
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
The staff, physicians, and nurses were all professional, compassionate, and efficient. They made sure that I was comfortable and that my condition was explained to me, along with all options for treatments - including any possible complications. I obtained optimum results and could not be more pleased with my experience at Legacy. I would definitely recommend Legacy!
May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Staff was professional and friendly. They answered all our questions promptly. Follow-up calls were nice; very knowledgeable staff—everyone! We were very pleased with the care we received.
Mr. Steve in Arkansas – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rubin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rubin?