Dr. David Rubin, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. David Rubin, MD
Dr. David Rubin, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Little Rock, AR. He has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Rubin is affiliated with CHI St. Vincent Infirmary.

Dr. Rubin's Care Philosophy

Legacy Neurosurgery aims to provide patients with life-changing care through ?today's leading surgical treatments. Our experienced team offers comprehensive care for patients with spinal and disc conditions, disorders, and peripheral nerve conditions—from minimally invasive spinal intervention, injection procedures, and conservative modes of therapy to state-of-the-art neurosurgery. We specialize in non-operative spinal procedures and outpatient cervical and lumbar spine surgery, and always take the least invasive route possible for each patient. Preferably, we avoid any type of surgery if at all possible. When surgery is necessary though, we always opt for the most minimally invasive procedure. We even adapt minimally invasive surgery (MIS) techniques commonly performed on the brain for the spine, a unique, innovative approach few other neurosurgery practices utilize.

Dr. Rubin's Experience

See how Dr. Rubin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Rubin is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rubin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubin to family and friends
Dr. Rubin's Performance
in Toronto, ON |
I couldn't walk without hobbling around. The pain was unbearable 90% of the time. After surgery, I don't have any pain. It's non-existent now compared to what it was - Ricky M.
in Toronto, ON |
A week before surgery I could no longer drive and walked holding onto what ever was stationary. All I wanted from Dr. Rubin was to walk. He made that possible.- C. Carol
Today was my first injection and everyone from the front desk to the checkout was so comforting and helpful.
in Toronto, ON |
Love the attention I have received from staff and Dr. Rubin. They care a lot about how I feel and my concerns. - Janice Huckabee
in Toronto, ON |
The entire staff and Dr. Rubin are very caring, receptive, informative, and responsive to my needs and concerns. They are exceptional. Very professional. - Bee
I had severe (8-10) right leg pain since 11/16. I researched the internet and found Dr. Rubin's name and credentials on which he was highly rated and others were very impressed. He initially recommended steroid injections, which due to the level of my back condition were not effective. With no relief, he recommended surgery- lumbar decompression and fusion. It has been almost two weeks post-op and I am totally pain free. He and his staff spend much time and give detailed instructions, that if yo
in Mena, AR |
Dr. Rubin explained everything that was going on in terms that I could understand. We set up a plan of action of how he thought it was best to treat my neck that would help me get relief while putting surgery for as long as possible
in Charleston, AR |
Dr. Rubin was extremely attentive to the problems I was having. He took great care to get to know and my needs. When the shots we tried were not as effective as I had hoped, I appreciate that he did not waste time knowing the surgery would likely help walk without pain again. Thanks to Dr. Rubin's expertise my quality of life has improved and will continue to get better. Jaime and Kristin could not be better people to work with. They truely listen and make me feel like I'm their priority.
in Hamburg, AR |
Definitely have to say that Dr. Rubin and his staff at Legacy Neuro have been nothing but awesome to me- before, during and after my surgery. From taking the time to explain my problems to me; to getting me through surgery and recovery period. I can't thank him enough for a great job well done! I would definitely recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone. -Michael Willhite
I would highly recommend Legacy to anyone who needed care. Everyone at Legacy has been super great at explaining everything and helping me get better. I was in extreme pain when I came here, now 3 months later and I am pain free. Dr. David Rubin and his staff are excellent, knowledgeable and caring. - Janice Tippit
in Mongolia, AR |
The doctors and staff are primarily concerned with your well-being. They don't rush to recommend surgery and they have been highly effective at treating and relieving my back pain. I've been a patient for over 5 years and I wouldn't go to anyone else's. Dr. Rubin is very conservative with surgery. Does and excellent job with injections and Everyone is very friendly,understanding and kind. - Shari Ferguson
in Greenwood, AR |
Dr. Rubin and his staff were extremely nice. Two days after surgery I could already feel a huge difference. My pain is now gone in my left leg, and my incision is unnoticeable. If I could give Dr. Rubin ten stars I would.
in Atkins, AR |
Dr. Rubin's bed side manner is very laid back & relatable. He was informative & made me feel comfortable with all aspects of the procedure. Thanks to Dr. Rubin my pain is completely gone!
in Dardanelle,Ar |
Dr. RUBIN IS BEST BACK IN LITTLE ROCK IF U NEED YOUR BACK FIXED GIVE HIM A CALL
in Oil Trough, Arkansas |
Dr. Rubin performed a disectomy on me in June 2015. I truly feel like I owe the ability to walk again to him. I came in on a Friday afternoon, 30 mins before they closed, and he didn't hesitate to take care of me. I had to have emergency surgery for cauda equina syndrome. I was in the hospital for 5 days. He was so easy to understand and so compassionate. I couldn't recommend a better Doctor! He is the best in my eyes!
in Batesville, AR |
I would recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone after my experience with Dr. Rubin and his staff. He is very professional and will spend time with you explaining all options. I had herniated disc @ L5-S1 and couldn't walk too good or stand too long. I had very bad pain. Dr. Rubin performed a discectomy and I'm doing well today. The extreme pain is gone and I'm getting back to work.If you are in search of a neurosurgeon call Dr. David Rubin.
in Camden, AR |
Best sergeon Ive met. I went from etreme pain(from my back, down my leg to my toe) to none. I cant say enough about the professionalism and diligence of this surgeon. Most of all he cares, which is very important when you are in dire need of attention . I had L4, L5 decompression and disectomy with minimal invasive procedure. I had procedure 1/07/16, twelve days ago, I am like a new person. This doctor is a miracle.
in Russellville AR |
I had bad back pain radiating down my legs. He gave me a very thorough explanation of what was causing the pain. Dr Rubin the surgery with no problems during or after. Pain free. I would highly recommend him.
in Jacksonville, AR |
Dr. Rubin explained what was causing my lower back and leg pain and what surgery was needed. After surgery the leg pain was gone. Now 3 weeks after surgery the pain at the surgery site is almost gone. I think Dr. Rubin is one of the best surgeons around and would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Prescott, Ar |
Dr Rubin is a very nice guy and a caring doctor
in Pine Bluff, AR |
Wonderful DR, Takes time to explain Operative Procedure. Talks to you directly. Nurses and office staff are professional and polite. All charges are explained, my medicare and supplemental Insurance covered 100% of cost. No hidden extra charges billed from Radiology, Lab, office visits and surgeon charges over Medicare allowed charges for type of procedure, this is what happens 45 miles south of Little Rock. Dr Rubins surgery resulted in restoring sensation and function in my Left Arm.
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr. Rubin is my hero. He accepted my case as outsourced by the VA. I had suffered with terrible 24 hour a day pain for 10 months prior to my surgery. I compare the pain to that of having a toothache, but it travels from the small of the back, through the buttocks, and down the back of the leg to the foot!!! The pain was so crippling, I could not walk for a period of time each morning. My recovery pain was less than my nerve root pain. Dr. Rubin is kind, brilliant, and a gift from God!
in Damascus, AR |
Dr. Rubin was right on with his diagnosis. He explained what was causing the problem and what he would have to do to fix it. The operation was simple, with only a two inch incision he was able to repair the damage and relieve the pain in my back and right leg. I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. David Rubin, MD?
Are you Dr. Rubin?

Compare Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rubin says...

Dr. David Rubin believes in a conservative approach to spine problems and utilizes numerous non-surgical therapies in his practice.

• Aneurysms
  • Pituitary Tumors
  • Trauma
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Ulnar nerve

Dr. Rubin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arkansas not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Ear Disorders
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine

Graduated in 2007

University of Virginia

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Rubin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery
  • Clinical Pathology

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion